Long, narrow flexible solar panels

kennharriet

Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2009
Messages
585
Reaction score
21
C Dory Year
1999
C Dory Model
22 Cruiser
Vessel Name
Lochsa
I am researching narrow, long, flexible solar panels that would fit on the side brow of a CD25. The available real estate is about 12”-15” x 60”. I have seen some that seem to fit on a Tomcat and also on a 25. Any thoughts on a source? Thanks, Ken
 
Rich Solar makes a CIGS 80 watt panel that I was able to fit on the sides of my 22' cruiser. I had to cut a 1/2 inch taper along the side to make it fit using a hot knife. Luckily there is enough "empty" space to do that without damaging the solar collection. I also mounted the panels on 4 mm corrugated plastic to allow air circulation and better cooling. I also have a 200watt panel on the top.
Friday Harbor 2026.pngat percival landing.jpg
 
I bought a 110w unit (SunPower) from Mr. Bezos' company.
 
Localboy; Can you post pictures of the fit, please? I'm opting for this and want to get a good fit. 220w vs 160w seems desirable. Thanks.
 
Back
Top