The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

Changing username
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Site Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Levity

City/Region: Shippensburg
State or Province: PA
C-Dory Year: 2003
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Levity
Photos: Levity
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2003 10:02 pm    Post subject: Changing username Reply with quote

Made the mistake of registering my proper name as my username. How does one change their username and keep the same email address? Thanks. Sad
TyBoo

City/Region: Warrenton
State or Province: OR
C-Dory Year: 1996
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruise Ship
Vessel Name: TyBoo
Photos: TyBoo
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2003 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The easiest way would be for you to tell us what you would like your Username to be and let us change it. It seems to me that you would have to unregister and sign up again to change it yourself.

So, just spell out your chosen Username exactly how you want it, and we'll fix it right up. You will have to use the new name to log in afterward (as soon as you find the first one doesn't work anymore). Your Password will stay the same.

Levity

City/Region: Shippensburg
State or Province: PA
C-Dory Year: 2003
Vessel Name: Levity
Photos: Levity
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2003 7:47 am    Post subject: change of username Reply with quote

Tyboo Mike,
Thanks for your help in this name change matter. Please change my username to Levity. Thumbs Up
TyBoo

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2003 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was easy. Sure hope it works for you. Now you should be able to log on as Levity, but everything else stays the same.
Cosmic C

City/Region: St Lawrence River & Bucks Cty
State or Province: NY
C-Dory Year: 2002
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Cosmic C
Photos: Cosmic C
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2004 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Tyboo Mike:

Just noticed that we are registered twice, once under the username Pat and once under the username Cosmic C. You'll have to forgive an old codgers bad memory - I really can't remember registering as Cosmic C, but I guess I must have when the site first started. Anyway, would you do me the favor of deep sixing the Cosmic C username registration and changing Pat to Cosmic C.

I'm sorry to be such a pain!

Pat
TyBoo

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2004 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem at all, Mr. Cosmic C Pat! I am still at work (that's all I do anymore), but will get after it when I get a chance. Unless Bill sees this and beats me to it.
Alyssa Jean

City/Region: Guemes Is.(Anacortes)
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 16 Angler
Vessel Name: Alyssa Jean
Photos: Anna Leigh and Alyssa Jean
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2004 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I don't get it. Why shouldn't the user name be the name of the boat or the name of the Owner who wants a boat. I am sure I am not alone in the frustration of trying to keep track of user "Munchkin" who has a boat named "C-Freebus" whose real name is "James". So now I have to keep track of three names for one boat times 200+ other boats and their combinations. I would rather keep track of David, who's boat is Anna Leigh. This I can handle. Actually that is really easy for me to remember but not easy to keep track of. Dah!!

Any chance that some of the powers to be could suggest that a user name be the BOAT NAME. Except of course those of you that are dreaming and schemeing to have a C-Dory and haven't yet come up with a boat name.

Signed

Beer boy aka owner of Anna Leigh also know as David

Alyssa Jean 16 Angler
Anna Leigh 22 Cruiser Sold 2005
Anna Leigh 25 Cruiser Sold 2014

K7KJR C-Brats #51
Sea Wolf

City/Region: Redding
State or Province: CA
C-Dory Year: 1987
Vessel Name: Sea Wolf
Photos: Sea Wolf
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right on David M of Anna Leigh! I've often been perplexed by this same problem, even though I post frequently and read every post on the site as well as the C-Dogs, and Sound Dreams.

Why not have each identity consist of one combined handle single phrase like

Tyboo/Mike, Da Nag/Bill, David M of Anna Leigh, Roy of Fun Patrol, Red Fox/Greg, Sea Wolf/Joe, Mr. Fisherman/Ray, Blue-C/Ken, or whatever two element boat/real name (or substitute handle),

so that each boat and person can be represented by this one rememberable combination user name. Three separate identities for each person is beyond reason!

Is there anyone out there who cannot change their identity elements into a form that would work like this? Feel free to use of, with, from,/, -, &, *, or whatever linking word or symbol necessary to make the combo work.

This new site is great and gets better every day! Thanks Mike and Bill!!!
Sea Wolf/Joe

Sea Wolf, C-Brat #31
Lake Shasta, California

"Most of my money I spent on boats and women. The rest I squandered'. " -Annonymous
Da Nag

City/Region: Port Angeles
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2008
C-Dory Model: 16 Angler
Vessel Name: Taco
Photos: <a>Da Boats</a>
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well...I'm going to rain on both David and Joe's parade. Not because I think a naming standard is a good or bad idea, it just kinda goes against the grain of how we run things around here. "No Rules..." - remember? Laughing

That, and changing 300+ user id's (only the site admins can do it), along with enforcing it every time somebody new signs up is way too much work. I'm sure everyone gets the impression I just sit around here logged in all day looking for something to do, and while that may be true for the time being, when my boat arrives I hope to have a life away from the keyboard...Mr. Green

Still, rather than be a complete stick in the mud, I could look into creating an additional Profile field - "real name". Folks that wanted to, could fill it in, and it would appear along with their vessel info under their user ID when they post.

Sea Wolf

City/Region: Redding
C-Dory Year: 1987
Vessel Name: Sea Wolf
Photos: Sea Wolf
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bill- Heavens knows you already do enough around here! I don't think any of us would ask us to enforce a "rule" like this, but maybe we could just suggest now and then post a note perhaps somewhere in the process of joining the group that it would be simpler and more convenient for all if we
generally followed a simplified format such as we suggested earlier. No big deal one way or another, just would be easier to keep track of people around here. Joe.
Captains Cat

City/Region: Cod Creek>Potomac River>Chesapeake Bay
State or Province: VA
Vessel Name: Captain's Choice II
Photos: Captain's Cat
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 10:45 am    Post subject: User Name Reply with quote

I too, signed up with my real name. Heaven knows that's one of the few things I can (usually) remember. However, the more I do with my C-Dory, the better I can remember her name than my own. Hence, please change my user name to Captains Choice. I know there are two Captains Choice(s) but believe Wade uses his real name too. I recall I had to name my album differently and used Captains Choice (East Coast).

Anyway, please make the change, don't think apostrophe's are allowed but that's OK. What happens to the identity of the old posts, do they change or will they continue to have my old user name on them? Either way is fine!

Thanks for the great site! Getting warmer here on the Right Coast , spring is in the air!

CHARLIE and PENNY CBRAT #100
Captain's Cat II 2005 22 Cruiser
Thataway (2006 TC255 - Sold Aug 2013)
Captain's Cat (2006 TC255 - Sold January 2012)
Captain's Kitten (1995 CD 16 Angler- Sold June 2010)
Captain's Choice (1994 CD 22 Cruiser- Sold Jun 2007)
Potomac River/Chesapeake Bay
K4KBA
Buck

City/Region: Lakebay
State or Province: Other
C-Dory Year: 2002
Vessel Name: greeniron
Photos: Greeniron
PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2004 3:48 pm    Post subject: Username; Reply with quote

Mr. Tyboo,I did the same thing, put my name as user name. Would you please change it to Buck. Thanks.....Buck.
TyBoo

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2004 7:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Username; Reply with quote

The C-Brat Formerly Known As Jim Buckwalter wrote:
Mr. Tyboo,I did the same thing, put my name as user name. Would you please change it to Buck. Thanks.....Buck.

You betcha!
jflug

City/Region: Bodega Bay
C-Dory Year: 1981
C-Dory Model: 22 Angler
Vessel Name: Pescadory
Photos: Pescadory
PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2004 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mike - I was registered under "das flug" and got everything so screwed up when I tried to change my password that I couldn't get back in, and finally wound up re-registering under "jflug". Can you just delete my old username and everything in it? I didn't have any photos in the album or anything so nothing's lost.

Thanks - Jim (jflug)
katie Marie III

City/Region: Stoney Creek Chesapeake Bay
State or Province: MD
Vessel Name: katie-marie III
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 9:11 pm    Post subject: name change Reply with quote

TyBoo wrote:
That was easy. Sure hope it works for you. Now you should be able to log on as Levity, but everything else stays the same.
Please change my sceen name to my boat's name. pat- pat to katie Marie III
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Site Feedback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: