The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

How many people fishing - 16'

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Josh

City/Region: LaCenter (Vanc-PDX area)
State or Province: WA
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2003 4:13 pm    Post subject: How many people fishing - 16' Reply with quote

At this moment, I'm trying to find a 16' for myself & family. Just wondering with each of the layouts (cruiser & angler), how many people could realistically fish from it.
DaveS

City/Region: Arlington
C-Dory Year: 2004
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Sea Shift
Photos: Sea Shift
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2003 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Josh,
Welcome to the C-Brats! I have the 16' Cruiser "Sea Shift". I don't fish often, but in answer to your question as to how many can realistically fish on it. I would say that if you are salt water fishing (where water is traditionally rougher), I'd say two people as you'd want to be in the cockpit. If you were on a lake fishing you could realistically put someone on the bow to fish, thereby allowing three people to fish.
Dave S.
SENSEI

City/Region: Stanwood
C-Dory Year: 1995
C-Dory Model: 22 Angler
Vessel Name: SENSEI
Photos: SENSEI and SERENITY
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2003 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My friend has a 16 angler and in salt water helike fishing two people. we fished three out of her in Lake Washington for the Sockeye Salmon season. we trolled three on two downriggers. it is quite a task to do this.
1993 22 Cruiser (sold 2014)
1995 22 Angler (acquired 2016)
1983 22 Classic (sold 2017)
Josh

City/Region: LaCenter (Vanc-PDX area)
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2003 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a lot you guys - it looks like either way, the max I'll get fishing is 3 (on a lake at least), so I may as well go with the cruiser for a little more shelter & seating for the family...
Hey - thanks for the welcome too.
Josh
Chuck S

City/Region: Cleveland
State or Province: OH
C-Dory Year: 2003
C-Dory Model: 16 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Amelia Anne
Photos: Amelia Anne
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2003 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Josh --

We have an '03 16 Cruiser + Honda 50 which I bought sight-unseen based strictly on the C-Dory reputation here and on C-Dogs. I've still not seen another C-Dory of any size except in photos.

The 16 Cruiser has done everything we've asked her to do. Look at the Amelia Anne photo album for some ideas of how she looks. We have up to 3 aboard and she's tight, but we're all friends. Been river cruising, took her to dinner 30 miles down Lake Erie, been on several inland lakes, and pulled the girls on a tube. Just haven't been fishing yet.

The 16 Cruiser trades two feet of cockpit space for the same space in the cabin. This also moves the center of gravity aft so the boat needs some bow-down help which a SST fin seems to provide quite well. The extra room in the cabin is consumed with the berth and you can seat a 3d or even 4th person out of the weather there if you have to. 3 ain't bad.

We've not fished the boat as yet, but even the 16 Cruiser cockpit has enough for two with a bit of ballet footwork. Look at boats like Adios (16 Cruiser) and C-Monkey (16 Angler) which have lots of fish killing equipment on them. The larger Angler cockpit comes at the expense of a berth. Have to go to the 19 Angler to get both.

I bought the 16 Cruiser for the berth but have yet to use it. Will be spending 3 or 4 days on the Upper Ohio River next May or June and intend to use it them. I'm going Wheeling to Pittsburgh and back for sure. Maybe up the Monongahela depending on the locks and what trash is running in the river.

If you order one order every option, including the electric wipers. The windshield is too far to reach the manual wipers. The swim step is a safety feature which will allow self rescue should you fall overboard by yourself. The bow pulpit is helpful docking for folks on the dock and on the boat. Not yet seen the need for a cockpit bimini cover, but we're in Cleveland not Seattle.

-- Chuck
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Fishing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: