The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

Cooler Rack for CD25

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Cockpit and Accessories
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pcator

City/Region: Fletcher
State or Province: NC
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Donna Marie
Photos: Donna Marie
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 5:03 pm    Post subject: Cooler Rack for CD25 Reply with quote

I have searched for ideas on building a cooler rack for a CD25. Has anyone built one? Please share.

Patrick
Papillon

City/Region: DeBary, Fl. *On the St. John's River*
State or Province: FL
C-Dory Year: 1993
C-Dory Model: 22 Angler
Vessel Name: Papillon
Photos: Papillon
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All the folks I know that own a 25 also have a reefer/freezer...and don't need no dang cooler... Very Happy Very Happy Wink

1993 Angler-02' 115 Suzuki 4 Stroke
journey on

City/Region: Valley Centre
State or Province: CA
C-Dory Year: 2005
Vessel Name: journey on
Photos: Journey On
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, we just tie ours up in the cockpit. Makes a handy place to sit. The refrig is too small to keep any amount of beer.

If you have any good ideas, let's hear them. The boarding ladder is on one side, and the hoist for the dingy motor is on the other, so I haven't given it much thought.
Alasgun

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 8:01 pm    Post subject: Cooler rack for CD25 Reply with quote

In my album you can see how I filled in the splash well with the intention of setting coolers on the newly aquired space. They tie to the bow cleats and are up off the floor and easier to reach, they are out of the way of everything else and you can utilize previously unused space.
Mike
JamesTXSD

City/Region: from island boy to desert dweller
State or Province: AZ
C-Dory Year: 2007
Vessel Name: "Wild Blue" (sold 9/14)
Photos: Wild Blue
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The fridge is deeper than it first looks and holds quite a bit. Still, in order to keep oneself properly hydrated, we find a cooler necessary. Ours stays in the cockpit, generally in front of the motor. It also makes a convenient coffee table, hassock, and generator stand. Not sure where we'd mount a rack for it due to the camperback, but it seems to work well there in the cockpit. Oh, if I didn't mention it, we also use it as a cooler. Wink Between the cooler (which is more of our backstock supply) and the fridge, we have no problem going more than a week between grocery resupply trips. It helps to have a first mate like the Blonde... we can come back from the store with 10 bags (she is great at menu planning, btw), nearly fill the dinghy, and she makes it all fit in the boat. Must be a chick-thing. Cool

Best wishes,
Jim B.

journey on

City/Region: Valley Centre
State or Province: CA
C-Dory Year: 2005
Vessel Name: journey on
Photos: Journey On
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike, how big is the cooler that you store back there? Ours is a 48 qt jobbee, and would overhang into the cockpit. I love your stainless machine work. I am going to try to duplicate some of it, but I think my small lathe may not have the horsepower.

Bob, I think my job today is to comment on your comments. Nevertheless, here goes. I've seen Judy go 30 days between visiting the store (Mexico to Marquesas,) but normally, she brings back 10 bags of groceries every other day and stores it on the boat. I've never figured it out.

Boris
Alasgun

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 9:44 am    Post subject: Cooler Rack for CD25 Reply with quote

I put a 94 Qt on the starboard side ,alot of it is sitting where the useless green cushion was removed from. I also put a 48 qt and a smaller one for bait on the port side. When in place they will tie directly to the bow cleats shown in the photo and to the side cleat on the gunnel. Leaving the center open allows motor tilt with out moving the chests.
P.S in the near future all of the items built during the winter will be showing up in the album, about a dozen in all, some real trick stuff! Thank's for the interest in my handiwork.
Mike
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Cockpit and Accessories All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: