New CD 19's first voyage

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Robbi

City/Region: Chambers Bay
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2023
C-Dory Model: 23 Venture
Photos: C-Run
PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2004 11:17 am    Post subject: New CD 19's first voyage Reply with quote

Yesterday was the most perfect day! We launched near Seattle, and I must say I was a bit concerned about how this would go. I have powered C-Run with a 90 Suzuki , no kicker, and my concern was how this big engine would perform on the 19. Wow, was I pleasently surprised. It runs great. It is very stable at all running speeds, gets up very quickly, and powers back to run very smooth at about 2700 rpm. The Lemco tabs are great. It runs with little tab, which I was pleased with, and the LED indicator gage is a nice feature. The weight of this engine is about 43 lbs more that the Honda 75, which is a fair amount, but with no kicker it will be about even. The prop will need to be changed, as it over revs, so that is a learning thing. I was really pleased with the ride. It was much smoother than I thought it would be in rough water. It has a very solid feel. All in all, I am very pleased with my new boat. It will be used with one to two people 99% of the time (one person 90% of the time). I am sooo excited!!!! Very Happy Robbi

2003 C-Dory 19
sold 2019

2004 C-Dory 16 Cruiser
Sold 8/2015

2004 C-Dory 19 "C-Run"
Sold 8/2011

1989 C-Dory 16 Angler
Sold 2010
DaveS

City/Region: Arlington
C-Dory Year: 2004
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Sea Shift
Photos: Sea Shift
PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2004 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations Robbi,
I don't believe you could have chosen a more beautiful day for an inaugural cruise yesterday! Hot
Now we want to see pictures of C-Run Smile

C-Brat #16
Robbi

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2004 10:45 pm    Post subject: CD-19 Reply with quote

Thanks Dave. Yes, it was a beautiful day. Hard to believe it was April 3rd! The pictures are in the new album for C-Run. Next pictures will be on the water! Robbi
R-Matey

City/Region: Bow
Vessel Name: R-Matey
Photos: R-Matey
PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2004 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Robbi (C-Run)

Nice to have another 19CD in the group. Hope that we'll get to see you at one of the gatherings or maybe out on the water.

Ruth & Joe
R-Matey
Jon - CLou

City/Region: Port Angeles
C-Dory Year: 1986
C-Dory Model: 22 Angler
Vessel Name: C-Lou
Photos: C-Lou and Pee Wee
PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2004 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice looking boat Robbi, and a great name too! Does C-Run have any connection with Cutthroat trout?
Casey

City/Region: The Villages(FL)
State or Province: FL
C-Dory Year: 2006
Vessel Name: "Dessert 1st"
Photos: Dessert 1st
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 8:43 am    Post subject: Great First Day! Reply with quote

Robbi,

Delighted that the first day went well. I saw C-Run while at the factory last week, and she was positively wagging her stern in anticipation of getting Wet!

It's interesting that C-Dory is now doing Suzuki installations as well as Hondas. While I was there, Rick (factory mechanic) went over Naknek's Suzuki 90, changes the oil, lubed the lower unit, and generally checked over the engine. Looks like we're ready for Powell!

You might note - because Susuki dealerships are so scarce, I found a replacement for the Suzuki oil filter (in case you need a backup and the Susuki filter isn't available). The NAPA Gold Filter #1396 seems to be a perfect fit. We installed it, and found no leaks, etc. I will run it at Powell in a couple weeks, but so far it seems to ge good. At 100 hours I'm still planning to switch over to a synthetic oil (ie. Mobile 1, Amsoil, etc.) IF ANYONE HAS ANY COMMENTS ON SYNTHETIC OIL - I'D LIKE TO HEAR THEM!

Have Fun!
Casey
Robbi

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 9:14 am    Post subject: C-Dory 19 Reply with quote

R-Matey, thanks for the welcome. B,ham, my "second home". Love the town and area. I too look forward to meeting up with another 19.

C-Lou, yes C-Run is named for my favorite fly fishing target, the beautiful searun cutthroat trout. The fishing is getting good here in the south sound as the chum smolt are starting to show up on the beaches.

Casey, glad your trip north worked out well. Interesting idea about the syn oil. Have a wonderful trip to Lake Powell. Robbi
Sawdust

City/Region: Oak Harbor
C-Dory Year: 1984
C-Dory Model: 22 Classic
Photos: C-Salt
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Casey,

Sure sorry I missed you at Deception -- next time call ahead and let me know you are coming!

I'll give you a lot more than you want to know on synthetics -- and believe me, oil's aren't created equal! Later though, because Les and I are off to Seattle...

Dusty

Catman

City/Region: Seattle
C-Dory Year: 2017
Vessel Name: Songbird (Bambina, 16')
Photos: Bambina
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations, Robbi. What a thrill. We didn't meet at Jarrell Cove, but I got a glimpse of your giddy anticipation waiting for delivery day.
See you at some gigs. By the way, I'm another Western guy, and also feel like Bellingham is a second home.
Robbi

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2004 11:42 pm    Post subject: CD-19 Reply with quote

Catman, sorry we missed meeting at the Cove, but thanks for the welcome. I am sure that we will meet up soon at another gathering. Nice to know of another Western alum in the group. I should have my boat at it's new home this weekend. I will keep it in dry storage at Chambers Bay near Steilacoom. The launch ramp is 30 feet from my unit. I think that it will work out well. I'll post some "wet"pictures next week. Photo Thanks again. Robbi
Pat Anderson

City/Region: Birch Bay, WA
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Daydream
Photos: Daydream and Crabby Lou
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 11:16 am    Post subject: Re: CD-19 Reply with quote

Yes, we will have to have a sub-group of us Viking C-Brats...

Pat & Patty Anderson
WWSC (as it was known then)
Class of 68

Roberta Krumm wrote:
Catman, sorry we missed meeting at the Cove, but thanks for the welcome. I am sure that we will meet up soon at another gathering. Nice to know of another Western alum in the group. I should have my boat at it's new home this weekend. I will keep it in dry storage at Chambers Bay near Steilacoom. The launch ramp is 30 feet from my unit. I think that it will work out well. I'll post some "wet"pictures next week. Photo Thanks again. Robbi

DAYDREAM - CD25 Cruiser
CRABBY LOU - CD16 Angler (sold 2020)
Pat & Patty Anderson, C-Brat #62!
http://daydreamsloop.blogspot.com

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: