The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

Twin Honda Controls

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Motor Control Systems
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jlsparks

City/Region: Baldwin WI.
State or Province: WI
C-Dory Year: 2000
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Dutch Treat
Photos: Dutch Treat
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 3:26 am    Post subject: Twin Honda Controls Reply with quote

On a recent visit with Gary on Minny Swan, I noticed that the seat was offset toward the port side to install the duel controls for the honda's. Is this a must do in all twin installations for our 22 cruisers or are there smaller controls available? Just like to keep the seat where it's at if possible

Jim
Sea Wolf

City/Region: Redding
State or Province: CA
C-Dory Year: 1987
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Sea Wolf
Photos: Sea Wolf
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim-

I don't know of any smaller controls, although outfits like Morse make custom ones you might look into.

Why not make a kind of paddle shaped extension with the handle bolted down in the regular control position and the paddle out in front over the floor and to the left slightly to accomodate two sets of control boxes?

You'd have to check the dimensions to be sure it would work as well as be oerable at the helm, but it might solve the problem inexpensively.

Good Luck!

Joe.

Sea Wolf, C-Brat #31
Lake Shasta, California

"Most of my money I spent on boats and women. The rest I squandered'. " -Annonymous
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Motor Control Systems All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: