The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

C-Dory changes because of Hontoon Gathering

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> All C-Dorys, All The Time
View previous topic :: View next topic  
txmntman

City/Region: GEORGETOWN
State or Province: TX
C-Dory Year: 2006
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Saint Somewhere
Photos: Saint Somewhere
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2022 9:59 pm    Post subject: C-Dory changes because of Hontoon Gathering Reply with quote

I wanted to go the the C-Dory gathering at Hontoon because my wife and I had never overnighted on the boat. This would give us a chance to
1) use the boat as an RV while on the road
2) stay overnight on the boat in a marina with other C-Brats
3) get ideas from other C-Brats about what they did with their boats
4) meet some of ya’ll

I all worked out in an AWESOME way!!

Because of all I learned, I made some changes to the boat when we got back. I have pictures of these changes in a dedicated album with my pics. The changes were.

1) bought a set of steps to aid getting in and out of the boat at the marina. This idea came from the boat “Katherine”. (Sp?). The steps from Garelick, built the mount so it ‘sandwiches’ into the gunnel open area. This way it can easily be moved from port to starboard for different marina.
2) I cut out the port wall into the v-berth. This allows for MUCH more air movement into the v-berth area. It is not structural, but it will get a very fine dust over EVERYTHING. Wear a mask when you cut it, and remove cushions, etc as much as possible.
3) My wife wished for more counter space, so, I create 2 new counter space areas, one over the Wallis stove and one over the captain’s chair (folded down). Nothing fancy here, the counter space over the Wallis is set on feet, so it sits snugly over the Wallis and can be left there while underway. The counter space over the captains seat rides in the v-berth while underway.

By the way, the C-Dory works well as an RV, and guaranteed you will get questions wherever you go.

Hontoon was a great trip. Special thanks to “Cat o Mine” for towing me in when I had my fuel problem, and thanks to everyone who listened to all my questions with laughing at me (at least in my presence). I’m looking forward to other trips!

Boston Whaler Montauk "Joe Bob" Sold
Hobie Cat "Mikey Likes It" Sold
hardee

City/Region: Sequim
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2005
Vessel Name: Sleepy-C
Photos: SleepyC
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2022 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Tex,
You have just realized and epitamized the usefulness of the CBGT's. Yup, they are fun, educational and USEFUL. What a cool trick, huh?

Glad you enjoyed the gathering, and were able to gain some useful knowledge there.

Harvey
SleepyC Moon

multimediasmith

City/Region: New Orleans' Northshore
State or Province: LA
C-Dory Year: 2009
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: ENDEAVOR
Photos: ENDEAVOR
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2022 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel the same way. I'm so glad I went! What a nice bunch of people!
The generosity of sharing this wealth of experience and meeting the folks you've been reading about was well worth the ga$oline.

I wish I'd launched at Ed Stone, but my GPS took me to across the river where I had to retrieve the boat by myself in current and wind (multiple dunkings to get it straight on the trailer) but have since added tall guides at the back of the trailer... big improvement!

Have been building a new frame for cockpit shade.. new project, new pics.

Thanks to everyone for putting in the effort

Best

Dale
JohnnyD

City/Region: Panama City
State or Province: FL
C-Dory Year: 2006
Vessel Name: Gypsy Rose
Photos: Gypsy Rose
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2022 5:06 pm    Post subject: Good to meet you guys! Reply with quote

Mike, it was good to meet you and Dana and glad y'all made it home safely. The gathering was awesome and can't wait to do it again next year...but I'll be in my 22' Cruiser this time. - John
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> All C-Dorys, All The Time All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: