The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

Cockpit Drain System

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> All C-Dorys, All The Time
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rhodesmj

City/Region: Hudson
State or Province: FL
C-Dory Year: 2006
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Creek Runner
PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2021 10:57 pm    Post subject: Cockpit Drain System Reply with quote

I own a 2006 25 ft Cruiser. The manual refers to "under the deck there is a normal 1" drain hole in the transom, supplied with standard drain plug."
I cant locate the drain plug and am hoping someone can tell which access port I can find it.
Also, the waste water storage tank valve to control if the discharged black water goes overboard or is pumped out at a facility.
Thanks....

South of Heaven

City/Region: Sharon
State or Province: MA
Photos: Blue Water
PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2021 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I owned a 25 for a short time. Here's some info.....

http://www.c-brats.com/viewtopic.php?t=26333

As far as the black water....I don't remember there being an overboard discharge and macerator. But I may be wrong. All I remember doing is using the pump outs at my marina.

2005 Silverton 35 Motoryacht (Twin 385 Crusaders) (SOLD 6/20)

2000 Camano 31 Troll (Volvo TAMD41p) (SOLD 2/19)

2007 C Dory 25' Cruiser (200 hp Suzuki, sold 7/17)

2003 C Dory 19' Angler (80 hp Yamaha, sold 7/16)

1995 C Dory 16' Angler (40 hp Yamaha, sold 2/16)
colbysmith

City/Region: Madison
State or Province: WI
C-Dory Year: 2009
Vessel Name: C-Traveler
Photos: C-Traveler and Midnight-Flyer
PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2021 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a 2009 CD-25. The drain plug should be on the back of the transom, just in front of your main motor, near the bottom of the boat. Many, if not most, states are now requiring that plug to be out when the boat is being trailered. Good idea anyway to allow the water to drain from the bilge. (I doubt you could place the plug from inside the bilge area due to either a holding tank or potable water tank in the way. On the 22 it was accessible from inside and I kept a second plug on the inside.) My boat also came with a macerator and discharge for the head holding tank. (In my case the tank was integral with the toilet, but still plumbed for pump out.) There is also a pump out thru-hull. I removed all that as I replaced it with a porta potti. Just easier to deal with. There was also a Y-valve to select the macerator and small garden hose discharge, or the larger pump out thru hull fitting. The Y-Valve and macerator were located under the sink, with the discharge and thru hull nearby on the outside of the hull.
thataway

City/Region: Pensacola
State or Province: FL
C-Dory Year: 2007
Vessel Name: thataway
Photos: Thataway
PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2021 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have never removed the drain plug on my 25's. As Colby notes there are impossible to access from the inside, plus the type of fitting will not allow a plug to be put in place from inside the boat.
There is a good point on the invasive species. If you live in Florida, you will probably not be inspected. I have boated in most of the Eastern States, and never had an invasive species inspection. For Western states, it seems to be the Norm.

The Y valve should be under the galley, and there will also be the macerator pump if you boat is has the macerator as an option. The discharge overboard has to be at 3 miles at sea. Discharge of black water is not allowed in any lakes or rivers, ICW or certain restricted areas. The Y valve has to be oriented to discharge overboard, and open. Then turning on the macerator switch will drain the tank.

Thisaway 2006 22' CDory November 2011 to May 2018
Caracal 18 140 Suzuki 2007 to present
Thataway TomCat 255 150 Suzukis June 2006 thru August 2011
C Pelican; 1992, 22 Cruiser, 2002 thru 2006
Frequent Sea; 2003 C D 25, 2007 thru 2009
KA6PKB
Home port: Pensacola FL
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> All C-Dorys, All The Time All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: