The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

New Brat

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wheeler Dealer

City/Region: Wheeler, OR
State or Province: OR
Photos: Denebola
PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2003 11:56 pm    Post subject: New Brat Reply with quote

I'm a first time C-dory owner and first time C-Brat user. My wife and I just got a 2002 16' angler. No name yet, but it will come. Blue accents, no-slip deck mat, bilge pump, bow rail, anchor roller, cockpit canvas, wipers, EZ- Loader with side rails and rollers, 50 hsp. Honda w/ 9.8 Merc. kicker (off my last boat) We are soooo excited to get this boat!!! Very Happy We fish the Nehalem bay on the Oregon coast. Chinook, Coho and steelhead in the summer/fall and crab, crab, crab winter/spring. We are really glad to be a part of this group and this site was helpful while looking in to which boat we should get. Thanks Thumbs Up . I need to get a crabbing davit. Just a manual one will do but want one that mounts securely and works well. Can anyone tell me where to get one in the Portland area or give me online direction to the best unit. Any pictures you have to view would be nice.
TyBoo

City/Region: Warrenton
C-Dory Year: 1996
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruise Ship
Vessel Name: TyBoo
Photos: TyBoo
PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2003 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jon and Terrie!

Hey, you're just down the street from me. I'm up here in Warrenton.

Congratulations on your new boat. It is perfect for Nehalem Bay. I have never been on the water there, but have often thought I should try it. A good friend of mine (late friend, and the guy the TyBoo is named for), used to go down there every year in the early fall for salmon and crabbing. One of these days, I'm going to make it down there, and I can almost promise that we'll be able to talk a few others into it, too. So - keep after us on here, and maybe soon you will be invaded!

I can't offer much help on your question, but there are plenty of folks on here who can (and surely will).

It's good to see you in our little Pub. I hope you had a great Christmas.

Helen O

City/Region: Cathlamet
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 1993
C-Dory Model: 16 Angler
Vessel Name: Helen O'
Photos: Helen O'
PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2003 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wheeler Dealer

Check out Englunds Marine in Astoria. They were selling davits a few months ago.

Welcome to the C-Brats.

jimandlaurie

City/Region: Puyallup
Photos: Laurna Jo
PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2003 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the Pub, Jon and Terrie! Great to have ya here and you are in real good company down your way for sure. Hope you consider coming up to the SBS and the CBC in January.
Jim & Laurie

2004 C-Dory Skiff- Little Poit Dhubh
2005 C-Dory 25 Cruiser -sold 2103
2002- C-Dory 22 Cruiser- Sold 2005
Wheeler Dealer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2003 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all the welcome aboard's Very Happy. It's great to have the Pub here to ask and tell. I will post when I find a crabbing davit as well built as our CD.

We took her down to our place in Wheeler this weekend and tucked her into the garage. Had to enlarge the door height to get her in Surprised. Storm after storm this weekend so we didn't get her out, but will christen her next time we are down.

We named her the "Denebola" which is the first star seen at duck low in the western sky from May through September. I'm sure TyBoo Mike see's this one from Warrenton Star.

Buy the way Mike, would love to have you up, I'll be sure to let you know when the pigs are in. Big ones usually hit mid-August and crabbing is best December through June.

What are the SBC and CBC in January?
TyBoo

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2003 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wheeler Dealer -

Will you be showing us pictures of the magnificent Denebola? We would sure like to set you up with a photo album!

The SBS is the Seattle Boat Show, and the CBC is the C-Brat Convention. The CBC is in conjunction with the SBS, hence the SBSCBC. It is not really a "convention" in the conventional sense; rather, it is an informal get together after a day at the SBS. This year's will be the second annual one. Last year, we received a very gracious invitation from one of our members, Chivita Dave, who was the manager for the Hilton Hotel and the Larkspur Landing Hotel in Kent, WA (just down the road a piece from the C-Dory factory). He provided us special rates at the Larkspur, and set up the bar at the Hilton (which is right across the parking lot from the Larkspur) for a private reception. The fine folks at C-Dory picked up the tab for a fantastic buffet. It was such a grand event that we decided on the spot that it had to be an annual thing.

This year Dave, the guy who set it all up for us and helped the SBSCBC to be such a hit, is no longer working with the hotel chain, but before he left he secured the room rates for us at an even better price than last year ($49 for a room that normally goes for more than twice that). Thanks to a bunch of CB's in the local area, most notably Jim and Laurie of Laurna Jo, the C-Dory factory is working with them to arrange for the use of the facilities at the Hilton again. Last year there were about 35 of us at the CBC, and this year we expect a good many more. Folks come from all over for this - from California to Alaska - because this group of friends is so amazing.

The SBSCBC would be a great little vacation for you guys. It would also provide a good opportunity (and excuse) to look at pot pullers and the like. If you are able, you should really consider joining us. I don't know how better to descibe it. I have never been a "people person", but I truly look forward to any excuse to get together with the CB people, and I have been looking forward to the next SBSCBC for nigh onto a year!

Sure I've seen that star! Never knew it had a name, though. Thanks for telling me. And don't wait for a reason to post messages here. We don't call it the Pub for nothing!
Wheeler Dealer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2003 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TyBoo,

Thanks for the SBSCBC anthology. I'll check the site for more details as this sounds like a good time.

I found the email for Ruth with the CB logo stickers. Hope she has some.

I just got a digital camera and could use some instruction on uploading pictures to the site. A photo album would be great! Can you point me in the right direction?
TyBoo

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2003 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK then - here you go. Your new Denebola album is right here. You can also find it by going to page five of the alphabetical listing of Our C-Dory Albums. Or, you can post pictures often enough that it stays in the top ten most active albums so it will be listed on the front page. So many options.

Posting pictures is a snap. First you get them from the camera to your computer. Then open your album, and click [add photo] for one picture or [add photos] for several at a time (upper right). Then find the things on your computer using the Browse... button, and click the filename into the load box. Add any titles and captions you want, and click Upload Now. That's it. Done. Good job. You can also edit the titles and captions any time after the pics are in your album.

If Ruth doesn't have any C-Brat logos on hand, she'll make them pronto. She owns and operates a grachic design business. She also designed the logo for us. She doesn't make a lot of money on the things, and we don't make any, so twenty bucks is a good price. Just think how proud you'll be to have them displayed on your boat, and how very proud your wife will be to outfish you on a boat that has them!

You folks are going to fit right in here, I can tell. We won't bug you about the SBSCBC, but know that you are very welcome and that we would enjoy meeting you. The boat show discussion has the booking info for the Larkspur if you decide to give it a go.

That's it. Get after them pictures!
Wheeler Dealer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2003 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TyBoo,

Thanks for setting up the photo album. Terrie got a kick out of the "out fishing me" comments. She always has this demonic little chuckle when it comes to that subject Twisted Evil. There have been times I could throw her over, (like when she has two fish when we have been out for 30 min.) but then who would drive the boat while I'm pulling crab pots Wink
Catman

City/Region: Seattle
C-Dory Year: 2017
C-Dory Model: 23 Venture
Vessel Name: Songbird (Bambina, 16')
Photos: Bambina
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, Jon and Terrie. You're going to love that boat. I've got the same one, built in '89, and feel today like I did back then.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Fishing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: