View previous topic :: View next topic  
AK Angler

City/Region: South Central
State or Province: AK
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: 26 Venture
Vessel Name: Rod Holder
Photos: Rod Holder
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2003 5:18 am    Post subject: Nice looking boat... Reply with quote

... on the home page.
I am so glad sombody got rid of that other picture. You know, the one with the sun and the beach mocking us Alaskans. You kids can be so cruel... Cry

89CD16A- The Navicula has been sold...
TyBoo

City/Region: Warrenton
State or Province: OR
C-Dory Year: 1996
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruise Ship
Vessel Name: TyBoo
Photos: TyBoo
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2003 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It can't be that bad up north there. I saw 2nd Byte saying is was -33º at his house. That's not too bad for you guys this time of year, is it? I also saw that Red Fox is tickled Pink that he's going to have a white Christmas. Down here, we have the same drizzle and rain as most of the rest of the year. It was below 50º when I got off work today (as opposed to 50 below).

And yeah, Rod does seem to fit someone who also goes by AK Angler! B-C's youngun's name is Rod during the salmon season, and his middle name is Holder.

Mighty Bite

City/Region: Fairbanks, Alaska
C-Dory Year: 2004
C-Dory Model: 16 Angler
Vessel Name: Mighty Bite
Photos: Mighty Bite
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2003 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right Tyboo,

Taint bad at all up here.....errr...yet. We had a high of -30 and a low of -42. Shucks, I even climbed up in the boat and sat in the helm seat for a while. No joke. I came in though when an ear fell off.

The Alaska Angler is setting down south in a "warm" niche of Alaska. I do agree that it borders on cruelty to dumb animals to have those warm sunny beach shots on the cover of this electronic tabloid.

AA, if you're bound and determined to rename your CD I'm
sure one will hit you between now and soft water time. Think spring!

Mighty Bite

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2003 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Rod,

Glad to see you on board. It really is a small world. Where are you planning on doing most of your boating this year.

It wasn't that many years back when there were very few C-Dorys up here and now they are everywhere. Shows there are a bunch of real smart folks out there. I'm in Fairbanks and run out of Valdez most of the time. There's enough CD's up here to have a pretty well attended get together one of these days.

Good luck on the name.
AK Angler

City/Region: South Central
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: 26 Venture
Vessel Name: Rod Holder
Photos: Rod Holder
PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2003 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mark,
(it is Mark, right?)

Yeah, it's gettin' downright tropical here lately. After a few days of sub-zero temps, it's right back up to a balmy 20 degrees. CoolSmile

As far as where I'll be floating my boat this summer, I think I'm gonna try and play it safe while I get used to motoring around. It is my first real powerboat, so I think I need to get pretty intimate with it before I take it out for the big dance. So I'll mainly use it here in the local lakes for a while. Probably Finger Lake and Big Lake. And maybe later I'll take it up to Lake Louise or down to Kenai or Skilak Lakes. I'm sure that by the end of the upcoming "soft water" season, I'll be taking it out of Whittier, Seward, or lower Cook Inlet beginning my quest for the giant flatfish. I may even try to use it to do a little deer hunting in PWS if I can pick up a hunting partner. (I think I see the line forming already...) Thumbs Up
DaveS

City/Region: Arlington
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Sea Shift
Photos: Sea Shift
PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2003 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AA,
When I first got our 16' Cruiser, I started out on lakes. The 3rd time we were to go out, my wife said where do "we" plan on going. I said, Lake Stevens, to which she replied, "unless, we are going out in Puget Sound, I'm not going". Thus, ended the majority of our "lake cruising".
I'm sure your waters are a bit different than ours but don't be too hesitant about cruising the salt water.
Dave S.

C-Brat #16
Mighty Bite

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2003 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok Rod,

Sounds like you have a plan. Eh Eh, I'm kind of with Dave S. on this one. I would be surprised if you didn't dip that puppy in the "salt" water long before the end of the season.

Good idea to get familiar with the boat on some lake trips but the salt is too inviting to put off for long.

We warmed up as well, only -5 this morning. Enjoy!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: