The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

Spark Plug Wrench Size?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Outboards and Systems
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cbadmin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2003 6:12 pm    Post subject: Spark Plug Wrench Size? Reply with quote

From: Chuck S (Original Message) Sent: 10/19/2003 5:50 AM
Owner's manual specifies a 18mm x 19mm wrench. Since I can buy a complete set of Snap Ons for the price Honda wants for the stamped tool kit I just need to know which end fits the plugs so I can get a deep socket.

Or won't it make any difference when I look, there being only one plug wrench socket in this size range?

-- Chuck

Chuck,

If I had to guess, it's 18mm - very common size, and I've never heard of a plug wrench in 19mm.

Easy enough to check - buy a new plug, and take it with you when buying the socket.

Bill

Bill --

Thanks, I picked up an 18mm spark plug wrench, I got strange looks when I asked it there was a 19mm too.....

I wish I had a source for spark plugs, the nearest Honda dealer is 45 minutes away. Les recommends the NKG (NGK?) plugs and I'd like to get a set of 'em for next season. Amelia Anne goes into a 5 to 6 month hibernation at the fairgrounds on 1 November.

-- Chuck

Chuck -

I have always been able to get any NGK spark plug I needed at the local NAPA auto parts store. If they don't have it in stock, they can usually get it the next day.

You threw me for a loop with the NGK/NKG question! I looked on the web, and found the same pages no matter how I spelled it. Finally I went out and looked at a spare plug in the boat, and the box says it's an NGK. The box is also labeled as a Honda part, so I guess the NGK is a good choice.

While I was looking around on the WWW, I found this site that lets you choose the right plug for your motor. Better double check though, you know how these WWW's are!

Mike

Mike --

The link works and notes the same DR7EA plug that's shown in the owner's manual. I'll call the local auto parts store and see if they're in stock or I have to order 'em.

Thanks,

-- Chuck
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Outboards and Systems All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: