The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

Fell in love with the 21EC.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> All Rangers, All The Time
View previous topic :: View next topic  
evilskier

City/Region: Petoskey
State or Province: MI
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:58 pm    Post subject: Fell in love with the 21EC. Reply with quote

hello all. I saw a 21ec in Traverse City, MI this summer and fell in love. I have been looking for a entry level boat for awhile. When I saw the 21ec, I knew it was the one. I am looking for a slightly used or demo at this point. These forums are great. I also belong to a FJ cruiser forum for my car and i learned countless mods and ideas from it.

Thanks, and hope to contribute.
TomRay
Dealer

City/Region: Punta Gorda
State or Province: FL
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How far do you want to travel, evilskier? On yachtworld.com you'll find a 2005 w/low hours out in California for only $25k.

There are two more for $28,900 in New England, and an 04 in Jacksonville for $26,900. If you want it more recent, there's a 2007 in Ohio for $47,900.

rogerbum

City/Region: Kenmore
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2008
C-Dory Model: 255 Tomcat
Vessel Name: Meant to be
Photos: SeaDNA
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also saw one in Port Angeles a couple of weeks ago that had a for sale sign on it. I can't remember the name of the boat but I believe it's one I've seen on this site. I do remember the name was in block individual letters on the side. The boat's not listed on this site for sale though, The boat was parked one the main road - 101 just after you came through the center of town headed west and the road swings from W to S and back to W again. Maybe someone else over in Port Angeles can provide more details.
evilskier

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:24 am    Post subject: yachtworld Reply with quote

i monitor yachtworld daily and there is a dealer about an hour away. i dont think finding one will be a problem. Need to figure out $$$ first. thanks!!
Texas Steve

City/Region: Fairview
State or Province: TX
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: R-21 EC Tug
Vessel Name: Slow 'n Easy
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:43 am    Post subject: Great Choice! Reply with quote

We have fallen in love with our R21-EC over the past year or so. You will only like it more as you learn more about her. There is no way to understate the economy aspect of ownership. At cruising speed it literally sips fuel.

One caution is that the Extended Cabin version has only been on the market for a couple of years, so be careful to know what you are looking at before you invest a lot of travel time.

You will learn alot by watching this forum.

Steve Frisch
Ron Cowan

City/Region: Athens
State or Province: AL
C-Dory Year: 1985
C-Dory Model: 22 Classic
Vessel Name: Elk-Tenn
Photos: Elk-Tenn
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In reference to the comment on the EC only being out a couple of years, I have a 2006 tug that I was told that it was the last standard cabin that was built. The EC came out as a 2006 so the care should be taken in the 2006. All before were the standard and all after were the EC. The tug are great fun and cruising at 1/3 gal. per hour makes for a long time on the river for very little money. Big boats that fly by and rock me use more fuel while in sight that I do all afternoon. Ron
patrick and linda

City/Region: somerset
State or Province: KY
C-Dory Year: 1986
C-Dory Model: 27 Cruiser
Vessel Name: "Fan-A-Sea"
Photos: Misty Seas
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i agree, the 21' ranger's a great looking boat. has much room in the cockpit and appears to be sea worthy. saw a new one at a recent c-dory rally and was very impressed with it.
my wife has a 2007 fj cruiser, purchased new with all the bells and whistles. she loves the vehicle and has only 2800 miles on it. (being driven by a little old lady) averaging about 20mpg. silver and white. great sound system.
best regards and good luck with the hunt!
pat
evilskier

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice, thanks for the tips....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> All Rangers, All The Time All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: