The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

Stern Rail

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Hull, Deck and Fittings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cbadmin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2003 2:21 pm    Post subject: Stern Rail Reply with quote

From: Blackfinn (Original Message) Sent: 2/15/2003 12:02 PM
Howdy,
Would someone with a Svendsen's Marine, custom-made stern rail consider posting a few photos and perhaps a few dimensions (i.e. - rail section lengths between bends, angle of bends, construction details, etc.)? I knew I should've saved those photos printed off the CDog site!
Thanks,
Al

Hi Al,

You probably saw mine and/or Bob M's (Tortuga Del Mar) - we both had ours done by Svendsen's, and both had pics at the C-Dog site.

You're in luck with mine - I have pics on my personal site, they weren't deleted along with the rest of the C-Dog site. Click here to see all my rigging photos - the rear rail is visible in several. Svendsen's did the rocket launcher rail as well. The rod holders are not part of either rail - they are clamp-ons, made by Precision Marine. I bought mine through Charkbait - also great folks.

There are two differences between my rail and Bob's - the height, and Bob had a flag pole holder formed into his at the center.

As to dimensions, you're better off going to the fabricator. There are many complex angles, and possible differences between boats. The nice thing about a custom rail is just that - custom. While at Svendsen's, I stood in the back of my boat, and they measured up how high I wanted the rail so it hit me just below the waist. Also, your choice of engines determines how far back the rail can go.

Good luck, and if you go with Svendsen's, I'm sure you'll be pleased with the results. They are not cheap, but the workmanship is second to none.

Bill

Hi folks, I am very interested in having a stern rail similar to Da Nag's fabricated for my boat (need something to lean against when fighting those fish) and was wondering if any of you can recommend a good stainless steel fabricator in the greater Seattle area. I am also interested in having a S.S. removable roof rack fabricated for extended trips. Thanks, Tim

Tim,

Les is near you, and is rigging a 22 right now that had some custom stainless work done. He mentioned at Oly he was pleased with both the quality and price, but I don't recall who the fabricator was.

If he doesn't chime in here, you might give him a ring at EQ Marine.

Bill
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Hull, Deck and Fittings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: