View previous topic :: View next topic  
patrick and linda

City/Region: somerset
State or Province: KY
C-Dory Year: 1986
C-Dory Model: 27 Cruiser
Vessel Name: "Fan-A-Sea"
Photos: Misty Seas
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:05 am    Post subject: hurrican ike hit's ohio Reply with quote

who would have thought hurricane ike would have made it to ohio and caused large losses! 70 to 90 mph sustained winds, no flooding but lots of roof damage, trees down, in our area 4 deaths and 90% power outage. yesterday (our property casualty agency) we processed well over 100 claims for loss to trees, dwellings and automobiles, that was just between 7:00am and 2:00 pm. more will come in the days to follow. oddly enough, not one boat loss, as of yet. "misty seas" resting well on her trailer, safe and sound!
pat
ps: i have (at my home) small trees down and shingles missing, but less than my 1k deductible and at the office have two trees down but less than my 500 deductible, oh well! so how's your day goin'?
Valkyrie

City/Region: Loudonville
State or Province: OH
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Valkyrie II
Photos: Valkyrie
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same problems here in northern Ohio,

Marcia and I were on Lake Erie for part of the action but headed back to our protected marina before the really bad stuff hit. Winds on the lake were clocked at over 70 mph and waves on the lake were 7-11 feet. Many trees were down in the area and power was out for a while.

This morning I drove to our cabin on 61 acres in central Ohio and found that power is still out and we have over 20 trees, mostly big oaks, down in the woods and blocking some trails. Fortunately the cabin, driveway and yard are fine. Looks like chain saw time after we get back from the NC CBGT.

Regards,

Nick
"Valkyrie"
patrick and linda

City/Region: somerset
State or Province: KY
C-Dory Year: 1986
C-Dory Model: 27 Cruiser
Vessel Name: "Fan-A-Sea"
Photos: Misty Seas
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HI NICK,
glad to hear you guys are ok. 7 to 11' chop, not me brother!
good luck with the chain saw stuff. had a boating friend killed by a chain saw accident, several years ago. anything that looks complicated, i'd hire out.
have a great time on your trip, wish we were able to attend.
best regards
pat
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Cabin, Interior All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: