The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

Garmin radar on R25

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> All Rangers, All The Time
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CPO

City/Region: PASCAGOULA
State or Province: MS
C-Dory Year: 2008
C-Dory Model: R-25 Tug
Vessel Name: RT TUG
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 11:10 pm    Post subject: Garmin radar on R25 Reply with quote

Hi,
I have been getting the new boat ready and today was electronics day. We are installing a 3210 garmin Display Garmin sonar and a GRM18 Radar. With Andrew's phone help the cable pulling and running went well. Thanks! Andrew. I was suprised to find that the GMR 18 Radar ( Garmins smallest) will not fit on the plate on the mast. The bolt pattern on the garmin is wider than the Plate. We are having a plate fabricated tonight and will bolt it to the exsisting plate tomrrow. So if you are going with this particular radar Be prepared to have to do a little fabrication. Thanks all for this great forum to share experiances and knowledge with these great boats.

pauley

City/Region: south texas
State or Province: TX
Vessel Name: My Lady of the Wake
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey there , Rich

I dont know anything about the 3210 garmin Display Garmin sonar and a GRM18 Radar , but , I did sleep in a Holiday Inn Express last night and Tell us some more about your BOAT ! Photo Thumbs Up
Ranger Jeff
Ranger Tugs Factory Rep

City/Region: Kent
State or Province: WA
Photos: Ranger Factory Album
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 1:15 am    Post subject: Garmin Radar Reply with quote

Hello Rich,

Congratulations on your new boat and thank you for your business! We have spoken a few times on the phone. We build a mount in house that can be drilled for different brands of Radar. If you look carefully at the photos of the radar dome on our website you can see the mount bolted to the mast. This will work with any 18"radar dome. Let me know if you would like us to ship one to you.

Thanks again,

Ranger Jeff

25802 Pacific Highway South
Kent, WA 98032
Office 253 839 5213
Cell 206 940 0571
e-mail jeffmessmer@rangertugs.com
CPO

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeff,
Sound like a plan. The one we fabbed up was ugly and i didn't like it so we haven't intslled the radar yet. I will give you a call on tuesday to make arraingments to ship.

Thanks much
commander bill

City/Region: Centre
State or Province: AL
Vessel Name: LenaBell
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darn,
You beat me to the radar mount. I plan to make the same installation as you (3210 & small garmin radar). Really good buy on Garmin 3210 bundles right now while they last.

Jeff, I would be interested in a better photo or drawing of the mount as I alreadly planned to make one for the same reason. I can not get a very good image from the website photos. Is it stainless or starboard?

Also, CPO any advise you can provide on this installation would be greatly appreciated. I hope you don't mind if I stand back and let you chart the course on this installation
CPO

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All the garmin bits installed well. I will post some pics as soon as the radar is installed. Otherwise this a fantistic boat. I have run boats all my adult life and this boat is exactly what me and my spouse ( the admirall) want. yesterday we ran the boat from a 2 knot current up the river to a 4 foot roller offshore and found her ready to go.

Rich
Ranger Jeff
Ranger Tugs Factory Rep

City/Region: Kent
State or Province: WA
Photos: Ranger Factory Album
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 4:55 pm    Post subject: Ranger Tug pictures Reply with quote

I posted some close up photos of the Radar Dome and Mast in the Ranger Tug Factory photo album. The mount is made of starboard and can be drilled for any 18" radar dome.

Let us know if we can send you the mount.

Thank you,

Ranger Jeff
CPO

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 7:32 am    Post subject: Radar mount pics Reply with quote

Thanks for the closeup pictures. I can make that out of starboard insread of shipping one. Appreciate the info.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> All Rangers, All The Time All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: