The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

SO WHAT DID YOU DO WITH YOUR RANGER TUG TODAY ??
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> All Rangers, All The Time
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pauley

City/Region: south texas
State or Province: TX
C-Dory Model: R-25 Tug
Vessel Name: My Lady of the Wake
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 10:11 am    Post subject: SO WHAT DID YOU DO WITH YOUR RANGER TUG TODAY ?? Reply with quote

Beer HI ALL, Beer

I THOUGHT THAT IT MIGHT BE NICE TO KEEP UP ON EVERYONES BOAT PROJECTS AND THIS IS AN ATTEMPT TO START A THREAD. thanks for the idea TyBoo,what I have been doing is waiting to get my R-25 delivered on June 24th and working on my list of items that I will need to buy Idea $$ Gift to out-fit the new boat ...

Pauley Very Happy
Trinity

City/Region: Edmonds
State or Province: WA
Vessel Name: Trinity
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beer and wine for the fridge..................

Nancy

terraplane

City/Region: chesapeake bay
C-Dory Year: 2005
Vessel Name: BANJO
Photos: Sally's Sister
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 10:39 am    Post subject: what did i do, ranger tug Reply with quote

On my C Dory i kept my tools in a hard tool box..For the ranger i got a soft canvas tool bag..ACE Hardware...lots of pockets and because it is soft bodied, i hope to put it in the starboard deck hatch in the cockpit floor..it if slides a bit it shouldn't hurt anything.
tom
terraplane

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 9:34 pm    Post subject: what did you do on your ranger. Reply with quote

Today i spent a good two hours just running the systems...heat systems, air, generator (noisy, but hey, it 's a small boat), and going over the engine learning where everything is. I write things down.

I am trying to follow the break in rules for the first 50 hours...

So far, all is good...seems like a fine vessel...and great fun.

terraplane
JTREV

City/Region: Jackson
State or Province: CA
C-Dory Year: 2008
Vessel Name: RUBY-ANN
Photos: RUBY-ANN
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been doing some little touches like kayak mounts, Thule storage container on sports rack, cloth tool bag, Ratcheting stainless tie downs, ship Bell, oiling teak, etc. all of those personal touches.

Just had Cummins serevice person at my house - seems someone along the way left out a plug on exhaust next to turbine and had soot around heat shield for turbo. They set me up with plug, new air cleaner, heat shield & checked out everything on engine - clean bill of health should get approx. 20% more power now with proper exhaust pressure.

Taking Ruby - Ann to San Francisco this weekend via Sacramento River & following break-in procedures (trying to get to the 50 hrs. mark).

Love this Boat!

John
Shaun

City/Region: Dana Point
State or Province: CA
C-Dory Year: 2006
C-Dory Model: R-21 EC Tug
Vessel Name: RUB "N" TUG
Photos: RUB "N" TUG
PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your list will never end! I started with safety items such as a radar reflector, a larger first aid kit, 12 gauge aerial flares, I added a secondary (much better) VHF w/ second antenna and recently, in preparation for a 4 day trip out to Catalina Island, we added cupboard organizers. On this small of a boat storage is EVERYTHING. When I first got the boat I made the list of things to add, got carried away, and last month took almost everything back off. It is natural to want to have everything you ever possibly need but with these little boats less is more.
Jazzmanic

City/Region: Seattle
Photos: C-Dancer
PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shaun,

Great boat name!! Wink That reminds me, it's about time for a mas.... oh never mind.

Peter
John Blair

City/Region: Barnstead
State or Province: NH
C-Dory Year: 2006
Vessel Name: At Ease!
PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I spent the entire day, yesterday, from seven in the morning to six in the evening at the dock with my R25. This was up there as one of my best days with "At Ease!" that I have enjoyed and I only left the dock for one hour. How can that be with so little time on the water? Because I spent it with two gentleman (in the real sence of the term) that were there to ensure that I could enjoy my vessel to her fullest and with complete confidence.

They were John Livingston, Owner of Ranger Tugs and my boats designer, and Andrew Custis, Customer Service Manager. I had written Mr. Livingston with my concerns and problems with Hull #1 this past winter. Within that same week, Andrew called and said they wanted to come in the Spring and would make things right. They are people of their word. Together they have fixed much of what I found and others that I didn't see, made arrangements for what they couldn't do, and are sending parts to improve her even more.

To say that I was surprised and pleased with what they have done, what they have arrainged to be done and what they say they will do is no exageration. "At Ease!" is my first powerboat. John Livingston and Andrew Custis have proven that I made the right choice.

Trinity

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to say I am not surprised. The Ranger Tug people are outstanding. We also feel we made the right choice. Great boat for our family and you can't beat the support from the factory.

Glad you had such a great day.

Nancy
Ron Cowan

City/Region: Athens
State or Province: AL
C-Dory Year: 1985
C-Dory Model: 22 Classic
Vessel Name: Elk-Tenn
Photos: Elk-Tenn
PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Being the owner of a (21' prior to the EC) it is interesting to see what you 25 and 21EC owners do with the space and features you have for overnighting etc. With the cockpit hardtop I added(in album) I am working to make the tug more acceptable to the wife overnighting. Yesterday was for the addition of a sliding curtain enclosure for the portipotti at night. With the roaring speed of travel cockpit motor controls are not needed but a temporary cockpit steering station was accomplished with a couple of universal joints and a varible length pole.The tug handles very well and is ideal to test ideas on prior to major modifications. Enjoy your boating and keep the notes flowing on your experiences.
Ron

fiddlersgreen6

City/Region: Riverside, Ca. & Melbourne Beach, Fl.
State or Province: FL
C-Dory Year: 1991
C-Dory Model: 16 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Don Quixote
PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello John Blair--- Regarding hull # 1, I was just wondering how long was the time element for the Ranger staff and management to respond to your various problems and repairs? Glad everything was done to your satisfaction. I had looked into buying this boat about two years ago, when it was for sale at a dealership in N.H. called Y-Landing,( real nice people). Happy cruising-----Rich
CPO

City/Region: PASCAGOULA
State or Province: MS
C-Dory Year: 2008
Vessel Name: RT TUG
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello all,
I just took delivery of R25 hull#69 "RT Tug. I am Waiting for the rain to stop here so the bottom can get painted on the boat. We will keep the boat in the water and feel that getting the bottom done is a must. We are also trying to figure out the electronics. I am thinking Garmin 3210 and gsd21 sonar module. Looking forward to getting her back in the water and start running.

Rich

Trinity

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Rich
Congrats. on the new tug!
You are going to have a great summer on the water.

Nancy
terraplane

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 3:11 pm    Post subject: ranger 25 Reply with quote

I was sure that John Blair's problems would eventually get settled. For me, owing a C Dory 22 and now a Ranger 25 has been a pleasure when it comes to dealers and confidence in the manufacturer. I am fortunate to be located only five miles from Gratitude Yacht , where i bought my Ranger...And because Jeff Messmer is at Ranger, i feel any question or need i have will be taken care of with dispatch.

I'm off to the boat now...another slip holder called to tell me i left the anchor light on..I thought i had turned it off...have to learn the switches better i guess.

We are experimenting this weekend with our "bag storage" system in the cave under the bunk area. We have four LL Bean canvas bags...two for her, two for me...to use for clothes. These bags don't roll around, are stable in seas, and easy to get into to find things.

I'm thinking of putting a protective piece of some material over the fuzzy stuff behind the stove..seems to me it is only a matter of time before grease or spaghetti sauce is going to decorate that white fur.

terraplane (tom)
terraplane

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 7:04 pm    Post subject: ranger 25 Reply with quote

I suppose that everyone who has a new boat finds certain thiings they can't quite figure out....
I've had the 25 for just four days...latest "can't figure" is how to get the table down into the bunk configuration. I have my 15 year old and two friends coming on next weekend..need to know.

I tried pressing the clips on the legs, but they don't move and the table top0 seems not to come off...Any help appreciated.

tom
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> All Rangers, All The Time All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: