The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

GPS in Ranger 25

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> All Rangers, All The Time
View previous topic :: View next topic  
commander bill

City/Region: Centre
State or Province: AL
C-Dory Model: R-25 Tug
Vessel Name: LenaBell
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 7:25 pm    Post subject: GPS in Ranger 25 Reply with quote

I would like to make several modifications to my Ranger 25 after I take the boat out of the water this winter. One would be to install a large GPS in wood panel designed for a large cutout directly above the helm. I downloaded the template for the Garmin 3210, 4210, & 4212. The 4212 looks like it might not fit. 4210 & 3210 look like a better fit. Also I understand the newer 4000 series requires more rear clearance than 3210. What is largest model any of you have installed. I am inclined toward Garmin because of previous excellent service. It appears that the factory use Raymarine so I am especially interested if anyone has installed a Garmin unit themselves.
Dene

City/Region: Kalama
State or Province: WA
Vessel Name: Fear Naut & Terra-Sea-Ta
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ranger is switching to Garmin for 2009 boats. I don't recall the particular model. It's sitting on my desk, whereas I'm sitting on my boat.

I'll let you know Monday if nobody else responds.

-Greg
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> All Rangers, All The Time All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: