View previous topic :: View next topic  
Simplicity

City/Region: Chipley
State or Province: FL
C-Dory Year: 2006
C-Dory Model: 23 Venture
Vessel Name: Simplicity
Photos: Simplicity
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 10:51 pm    Post subject: Great Circle Loop /CC23 ":Simplicity" Reply with quote

Under the encouragement of several people we are starting a thread about our trip that is currently in progress. We left Lynn Haven , FLorida on April 14th to complete the great loop with no time schedules. We are retired and take one day at a time. We are currently in Titusville and will be anchoring at Mosquito Lagoon tomorrow so Alan can do some kayaking. I have requested an album and hopefully can figure out how to post some pictures. You can catch up with what has happened to us so far on our blog. There has been some very interesting days. We have seen one c-dory so far on our trip(Fort Myers with no name) same color as ours. If you are on the water you will spot us a mile away. We are that green and white CC with the wooded kayak on top "Simplicity". Look forward to keeping you updated on our trip.
Linda and Alan CoolSmile
johnf

City/Region: Tigard, OR
State or Province: OR
Photos: Boat Name TBD II (johnf)
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Linda & Alan,

Congratulations on taking what sounds like a very relaxing trip and I'm certain the sharing of your adventures will be appreciated!!!

Amy and I flew to Titusville in December of 2004 where my youngest brother was completing helicopter training school there. He is currently 29 and flying in Elk City, OK for Life Team Air Evac which he really enjoys.

My brother and I played golf, rode motorcycles over to Cocoa Beach, played racquetball and as you can tell generally had a great time having some fun. Amy finished off a business meeting on Friday so we took him to dinner and then Universal Studios on Saturday.

The highlight of the trip for Amy and I was when he took each of us up for a 30 minute helicopter ride on Sunday morning before he took us back to Orlando so we could fly home to Portland, Oregon.

We sure enjoyed Titusville and the surrounding area especially from the air so I hope you both have a wonderful time there!

we look forward to hearing about your adventures and the photos as well.

Kind Regards,

John CoolSmile

Simplicity

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks John,
Maybe one day we will make it to the Oregon/Washington area. Have been to Seattle and ALaska, but never Oregon. I hear it is spectacular also. Today we will scoot over to Mosquito Lagoon and drop the hook for some fun at the beach. I usually don't spend that much time on the beach because being a FLoridian I know better. If anyone out there knows of a good honda service marina between here and Georgia let me know. We will be due our 100 hour service and need to get r done!

Very Happy
Pat Anderson

City/Region: Birch Bay, WA
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Daydream
Photos: Daydream and Crabby Lou
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are right behind you, five more years! Seriously, a Great Loop trip with no schedule is on my "schedule"! Today we shall content ourselves with a little CBGT in the South Sound...but my oh my do I want to do the Great Loop in Daydream! Color me cabernet with envy. Looking forward to your pix!

DAYDREAM - CD25 Cruiser
CRABBY LOU - CD16 Angler (sold 2020)
Pat & Patty Anderson, C-Brat #62!
http://daydreamsloop.blogspot.com

Dene

City/Region: Kalama
Vessel Name: Fear Naut & Terra-Sea-Ta
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pat Anderson wrote:
We are right behind you, five more years! Seriously, a Great Loop trip with no schedule is on my "schedule"! Today we shall content ourselves with a little CBGT in the South Sound...but my oh my do I want to do the Great Loop in Daydream! Color me cabernet with envy. Looking forward to your pix!

Make that another one behind you....5 more winters to go!! Linda, please tell all. I love living vicariously through these various adventures.

Meanwhile, I'm inspired by those who are tasting retirement now, by taking long weekends, even summers to cruise. I'm on our boat this morning, prepping it for a trip from Brownsville to Anacortes, with overnight stops in Edmonds (tonight) and LaConner ( tomorrow). Weather is looking good!!

-Greg
Doryman

City/Region: Anacortes
C-Dory Model: 255 Tomcat
Vessel Name: Lori Ann
Photos: Lori Ann
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are not planning to do the Great Loop as a loop but we are planning to spend the next several winters (maybe not contiguously) in different boating areas of the ICW and rivers. We're beginning with Texas this winter. Hope to spend a couple of winters after that in Florida and the Bahamas before moving up the coast and inland. We'll decide more definitely as we get more experience and talk to more people about their experiences.

Warren

TomCat 255, Hull #55, 150 Yamahas
Anacortes, WA
Simplicity

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks all,
In our 5 years of planning that is what got us through the daily grind of work....
We did some mini trips before the great loop. Last year we did the triangle loop in Canada. We trailered" Simplcity" from Northwest Florida to Kingston, Ontario. Launched her in Kingston and proceeded through the Rideau Canal, Ottawa River then the St Lawrence seaway. We had 5 weeks to do this trip and enjoyed every minute of it. Boating people are the nicest people. We met several people that we are still in contact with. The hardest thing was to come back to WORK!! Sad
We planed our lives in stages like kids off to college, sold the house last year, moved in with mom for a few months, then sold business. We were blessed and 2007 was a good year for us to complete our plans. Hang in there! YOur day will come.

Smile
El and Bill

City/Region: Lakewood, CO
State or Province: CO
C-Dory Year: 2000
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Halcyon
Photos: Halcyon
PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Linda and Alan -

As they say in Australia, Good on ya.' Take your time and continue having a great trip -- cruise off the main route of the ICW and kick around up the rivers and bays along the way -- have a ball!!

Simplicity

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

El and Bill
You were our inspirations because we have been following your adventures for awhile. Cool

We are at the St Augustine Municipal Marina now waiting on hopefully an oil change on the honda. Yesterday we had lunch at Harry's seafood and grill downtown and it was GOOD. The sauce on my mussels was wonderful. I highly recommend this place and the mussels if you are in the area.
The marina on the other hand was a bit too noisy for me.
marvin4239

City/Region: Jacksonville Florida/Wilmington NC
C-Dory Year: 2007
Vessel Name: C-FLE II
Photos: C-FLE II
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a great plan you have. Slow and Easy. One of my favorite lunch places in St Augustine is Osteen's Seafood. It's about 1/4 mile south of the Bridge of Lions on A1A. It's closed mondays. Nice antique shop next door. You should pass my dock at MM 46. You'll know it by the green 22 CD hanging in straps. Along your way leaving St Augustine you'll pass through Palm Valley where the ICW is really narrow and shallow and very black water. After you cross the St Johns at MM 73 you'll pass Fort George River. It's a nice ancorage and there's and old restored plantation (Kingsley Plantation) which has a small floating dock. It's nice if that sort of thing interests you. Fernandina Marina is real nice and right in the heart of the action. This past weekend was the blessing of the shrimp fleet and shrimp festival. Of course just north is Cumberland Island with it's old mansions and wild horse's. If you need any local info give me a call at 904-219-2675. Have fun and be safe.
Simplicity

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THank you Marvin for the tip. We will try the anchorage tonight since we had to time our trip around the McCormick bridge closing. We are definitely stopping at St. Mary's and Cumberland Island. Did not get our Honda serviced yet. Anyone out there who knows of a place between Jacksonville and CHarleston that we could get it taken care of, please let me know. It would be the three hundred hour service. We have really been enjoying cruising from St. Augustine today because of the scenery of beautiful trees along the shores and salt marshes. As we passed this sailboat for the 4th time they hailed us on the radio to talk about our kayak and trip. Very nice people heading back to the CHesapeake. Very Happy
Simplicity

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok help.... I added my one photo and I can't seem to add the others. I go to the drop down list add photos and nothing happens...any suggestions?
marvin4239

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Linda and Alan you might try Brunswick Landing Marina for service. I haven't used them but they are on your way. Their phone number is 912-262-9264.

To add photos when you open your album you should see a drop down box on the top right that says "Album Actions" click the arrow beside and a drop down menu will appear, select add photos.
Simplicity

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is what I have done. Album actions..clicked on add photo and nothing happens..I use a mac, does that make any difference?
marvin4239

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know anything about Mac I'm still in the stone age with windows. Maybe some Mac users will reply.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Grand Adventures All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: