The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

Lake Roosevelt
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pat Anderson

City/Region: Birch Bay, WA
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Daydream
Photos: Daydream and Crabby Lou
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great cruise on Lake Roosevelt! And since there were (eventually) three C-Dorys, I guess it was an "official" mini-gathering! We left Fall City on Thursday the 5th after work, spent the first night at Soap Lake Resort. Friday a leisurely breakfast and on to Gifford, where our friends Vance and Vicki live right across the street from the Gifford Camp Ground (and boat launch - a NICE ramp!). Bill and El were not planning to arrive from their Revelstoke, B.C., Canadian adventure until Friday evening, and it was kind of ugly weather, so we just hung around Vance and Vicki's that day. Vance and Vicki are building a log home on 30 acres, but it is a bit isolated for us. Dinner at the Lakeside Tavern in beautiful downtown Daisy, WA - the "special," BBQ ribs, fresh corn and macaroni salad, all for $5.95! Bill and El arrived around 7:00 pm, and we scooted over to a little cove about 2 miles south of Gifford to anchor for the night. Thunder and lightening and hard rain that night! Saturday the weather cleared up, and we ran to Daisy for Bill and El to fuel, a stop at Kettle Falls Marina, and then we ran up to China Bend, clear up near the north end of the lake, where the lake influence ends and the river is just a river (still a BIG river!), then back down to the Kettle River. The lake itself is not all that interesting, but the coves, rivers and creeks all along the shores are absolutely fascinating! We went up the Kettle River maybe four miles or so, and found a great spot to anchor - water was mirror-like, except for Mr. Beaver, who was keeping us company. Sunday morning, back down the Kettle, poked our nose into the Colville River, where Bill and El got some GREAT shots of a bald eagle, and then Chris on Rana Verde arrived to joined us about noon. Chris had been with Bill and El in Canada. We cruised on down to the Nez Perce Creek, and anchored there - great swimming spot too, water was about 68 degrees. Sadly, we had to leave about 9:00 am Monday to get back, as I had to go to a City Council meeting that evening. I forgot my camera, and the batteries went dead on Patty's camera, so Bill burned us a CD of his pix - better deal anyway, since we were in more of them than we would have been if we were taking the pix! All in all, WELL worth the trip (about 5.5 - 6 hours from Fall City).

DAYDREAM - CD25 Cruiser
CRABBY LOU - CD16 Angler (sold 2020)
Pat & Patty Anderson, C-Brat #62!
http://daydreamsloop.blogspot.com

Last edited by Pat Anderson on Tue Aug 10, 2004 9:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Catman

City/Region: Seattle
C-Dory Year: 2017
C-Dory Model: 23 Venture
Vessel Name: Songbird (Bambina, 16')
Photos: Bambina
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, Pat and Patty. And Bill and El! Glad to hear you had great big fun, and I look forward to the photos.
Pat Anderson

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, here are the photos of our Lake Roosevelt Cruise - these are Bill and El's pix. View it as a slideshow - enjoy!

http://www.c-brats.com/modules.php?set_albumName=album17&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php

Last edited by Pat Anderson on Wed Aug 11, 2004 8:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Catman

City/Region: Seattle
C-Dory Year: 2017
C-Dory Model: 23 Venture
Vessel Name: Songbird (Bambina, 16')
Photos: Bambina
PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, that's a cooler place than I thought. Those photos are fabulous. I think I need to reconsider visiting.
Pat Anderson

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is WAY cool, and should be a favorite with C-Brats - this is custom-made C-Dory cruising country...our small size makes us a perfect fit for all those tucked-away spots...

Catman wrote:
Wow, that's a cooler place than I thought. Those photos are fabulous. I think I need to reconsider visiting.
El and Bill

City/Region: Lakewood, CO
State or Province: CO
C-Dory Year: 2000
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Halcyon
Photos: Halcyon
PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pulled from Lake Roosevelt this AM at Gifford. What a glorious lake. We cruised her from China Bend to Grand Coulee dam and return. Marvelous weather, beautiful scenary. Sorry not to be able to meet with others, but we had a great time with Chris on Rana Verde and Pat and Patty on Daydream -- a perfect time together.
Pat Anderson

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, so you made it down to the dam...the lower lake will have to wait for another occasion for us! But indeed, this was a perfect time - just too short for us!

El and Bill wrote:
Pulled from Lake Roosevelt this AM at Gifford. What a glorious lake. We cruised her from China Bend to Grand Coulee dam and return. Marvelous weather, beautiful scenary. Sorry not to be able to meet with others, but we had a great time with Chris on Rana Verde and Pat and Patty on Daydream -- a perfect time together.
El and Bill

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pat --
Sure fun to view the photos you posted -- nice slideshow and a great review of our time together on Lake Roosevelt. Thanks for the posting. (Oh -- and it looks as though some of those photos were taken by a geologist, eh?)
Aurelia

City/Region: Gig Harbor
Photos: Aurelia
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to miss the Ladysmith event but we elected a few months back to join some family for their annual boating trip to Roosevelt. We are launching from Hunters park early on the 22nd and will be staying on the boat off the shore of Rogers Bar Campground (north shore Colville land) where my sisters family is camping with their fishing boat through the 26th.

Just read Bill and El's trip report plus other info sites and starting to get the packing and prep in order. It will be the first time we have used the boat in fresh water.

Should be warm and fun, stop by for a cold one if your floating by.

Greg

Ari - 19 Cruiser sold 2023
currently exploring with "Lia", 17 ft Bullfrog Supersport Pilothouse
PaulNBriannaLynn

City/Region: Fort White
State or Province: FL
C-Dory Year: 2007
Vessel Name: TBD
Photos: Lorelei
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have fun Greg, Cindie and family! I love that lake and lived not too far away for a couple of years and really enjoyed it. Careful on the Colville side of the lake. Enforcement was notorious for ticketing people for minor offenses like beaching without a permit, or using bbqs not physically attached to the boat. Gotta make a buck I suppose. Its such a fun lake I'm a little envious
rob bauerle

City/Region: spokane
C-Dory Year: 2008
Vessel Name: Robbie's Refuge
Photos: Robbie’s Refuge
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry I'll miss you. Stay on the lake quite a bit. Will be there the following week
Pat Anderson

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't believe that trip was 11 years ago for us. We have not returned, we need to do another cruise on Roosevelt now that we have the time!
T.R. Bauer

City/Region: Wasilla
State or Province: AK
C-Dory Year: 1993
Vessel Name: C-Whisperer
PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is an amazing place right under a lot of people's noses for sure. I love the rainbow fishing. There area lot of big ones down by Spring Canyon and a quick video search online will tell how to get them. I didn't get to go this year when I visited relatives in Spokane as we had a wedding and funeral to go to all over the northwest, but I won't miss it next year. You guys that have not gone and live close should consider it as it really is a pretty cool place.
hardee

City/Region: Sequim
Vessel Name: Sleepy-C
Photos: SleepyC
PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am one of the guilty from the PNW, have not been on that lake. I have driven by some of the shoreline and thought about what might be out there I couldn't see from the road. This doesn't look like the year for me either, but I would certainly consider it for 2016. Maybe we need to look at a PNW lakes Grand Slam and include, something like:
Lake Union and Lake Washington
Roosevelt
Chelan
Pend Orielle, ID
Priest, ID

I have been on all but Roosevelt at one time or another, and exploring it sounds fun.

Harvey
SleepyC Moon

El and Bill

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of our favorite cruise lakes. Get there if you can and give yourselves some time to travel slowly and enjoy. Like Pat and Patti (and the Rana Verde crew) eleven years seems like yesterday. What a great lake to share with such great folk.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: