The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

Rod Holder / fish table mounting bar.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Cockpit and Accessories
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tad and Toby Jackson

City/Region: Merritt Island
State or Province: FL
C-Dory Year: 1995
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Comfy Dory
Photos: Comfy Dory
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 10:27 am    Post subject: Rod Holder / fish table mounting bar. Reply with quote

I am hoping that some of the Brats can help me with this item. I want to purchase a stainless steel bar that mounts horizontally at the front of the motor well for mounting rod holders, bait table, etc... I have seen them in various photo albums. I think they are 1-1/8" diameter. My question is whether these are a stock item that can be ordered from C-Dory or is it an item that I would have fabricated by a local canvas or stainless steel boat hardware dealer. If it has to be fabricated, are there standard dimensions like width and height of rise and size of mounting plate that I could give to the fabricator or do I have to take it to the fabricator for measurements?

Any help would be appreciated as the good offshore fishing season is beginning here on the East Coast of Florida and I really need some good mounts for trolling rods.

Thanks...Tad
Jazzmanic

City/Region: Seattle
State or Province: WA
Photos: C-Dancer
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a transom bar installed by the factory when we ordered the boat and I believe the factory still sells them separately. Try calling them, I know someone else asked this question last year and was able to get one from the factory.

As for rod mounts, I use Scotty products. You can buy different accessories to mount the rod holders anywhere on the boat. The mounts that enable you to mount on the transom bar or any rail are fairly cheap, like $5 or so.

Peter
C-Dancer
Valkyrie

City/Region: Loudonville
State or Province: OH
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Valkyrie II
Photos: Valkyrie
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tad,

I'll definitely second the usefulness and versatility of the transom bar. We've mounted a bait prep/filet table on ours and it is very handy. We often use it for snacks and such. Originally, we thought we could use it for the tiny TV that we have aboard. Actually, once we started to watch the news and after about 15.09 seconds we turned it off in favor of the sunset!

I also stole Peter's (C-Dancer) idea and mounted an outboard bracket for our Honda 2 kicker on the bar, as well.

Nick
"Valkyrie"
MOOSE

City/Region: Rainy Lake - Int'l. Falls
State or Province: MN
C-Dory Year: 2001
Vessel Name: MOOSE
Photos: MOOSE
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a picture of our set-up:

I ordered the two roof-rail style bars from the same place in BC that makes the rest of the C-Dory rails, Bolton Stainless if memory serves. The cleaning table I made out of Starboard and it simply snaps onto the rails. It can also be popped off and slipped over an extra cleat I have on the gunwale so that the cleaning effluvia ends up in the lake and not the motor well. I don't recall the exact cost of the rails, but it was fair. The double rail set-up definitely makes attaching a table easy.
Al

Valkyrie

City/Region: Loudonville
State or Province: OH
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Valkyrie II
Photos: Valkyrie
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Al,
I thought that they have shots to prevent effluvia or is that some kind of MN thing?

Spring is coming, hang in there!

Regards,

Nick
"Valkyrie"
MOOSE

City/Region: Rainy Lake - Int'l. Falls
State or Province: MN
C-Dory Year: 2001
Vessel Name: MOOSE
Photos: MOOSE
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Valkyrie wrote:
Al,
I thought that they have shots to prevent effluvia or is that some kind of MN thing?

Man, I'd take fish effluvia anyday over the bug I've been fighting for the last 1-1/2 months! LOL
Al
mwilson

City/Region: missoula
State or Province: MT
C-Dory Year: 2000
Vessel Name: STORMY
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:13 pm    Post subject: Transom bars Reply with quote

Tad and Toby Check out "Liberty Call" photo album. I bought Doug's boat and really liked the bars and filet table he put in. However I did remove it and built a box for that spot so I have the bars. If you are interested PM me. Michael
Not For Hire

City/Region: Cadillac, MI
State or Province: MI
C-Dory Year: 2004
Vessel Name: Not For Hire
Photos: Not For Hire
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tad, I did similar project(s) without horizontal bar. My downrigger bases on gunwales can hold three rods and three more in center mount. I do have a vertical SS rail support in center of shelf. I don,t have swim step but shelf is multi use for tackle. misc., noise blocker, water blocker7

Al - what lake allows you to (legally) clean fish afloat? Shh.

Mark

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Cockpit and Accessories All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: