The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

We're in Florida ! Yippee
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bill Uffelman

City/Region: Las Vegas
State or Province: NV
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They were serving conch at Normans in the Ritz Carlton in Orlando last evening -- we had the flounder.

Bill Uffelman
Working (!) and sunning in Orlando FL for 2 more days
Usually Las Vegas NV
marvin4239

City/Region: Jacksonville Florida/Wilmington NC
State or Province: FL
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: C-FLE II
Photos: C-FLE II
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Larry and Tracy at the Landing in Jacksonville

Last edited by marvin4239 on Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:48 pm; edited 4 times in total
Dragonfly

City/Region: Cameron
State or Province: NC
C-Dory Year: 1995
C-Dory Model: 16 Angler
Vessel Name: FireFly
Photos: Dragonfly
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:35 pm    Post subject: Finally Met Marvin ! Reply with quote

Cool Well we finally got to meet Marvin today ! He met us at the intersection of the ICW and the St.Johns. We chatted a bit then decided to go have lunch at the Jacksonville Landing. Wow that currant is tough to get used to ! Before we met Marvin I was driving a bit and we hit a really tough spot ! I thought the whole boat was going to spin around on me ! Rolling Eyes Scared the Nellies right out of me ! Ok so we met Marvin and had a nice lunch with him at the Americana Cafe. After lunch Marvin showed us some of the interesting spots for us to go see. We hope to go over to Cumberland Island maybe Friday. Depends on the weather, looks like rain but we'll see. It was great to finally meet Marvin after emailing and talking with him for the last year ! Laughing I didn't get a shot at that Drink yet but..hang in there with me I'll find it yet ! Take care all..Tracy
Captains Cat

City/Region: Cod Creek>Potomac River>Chesapeake Bay
State or Province: VA
C-Dory Year: 2005
Vessel Name: Captain's Choice II
Photos: Captain's Cat
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dragonfly wrote:

The fort was very interesting and smaller than I thought it would be . That's Fort Matanzas I believe..(Charlie ?)

Yup, that's it! Fort Matanzas

It does look small! We lived in Jax for awhile in the early 70s but never got down there. Of course I was gone on a ship for over half the time! And it wasn't a C-Dory either!!Laughing

Charlie

CHARLIE and PENNY CBRAT #100
Captain's Cat II 2005 22 Cruiser
Thataway (2006 TC255 - Sold Aug 2013)
Captain's Cat (2006 TC255 - Sold January 2012)
Captain's Kitten (1995 CD 16 Angler- Sold June 2010)
Captain's Choice (1994 CD 22 Cruiser- Sold Jun 2007)
Potomac River/Chesapeake Bay
K4KBA
marvin4239

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fort Matanzas is really a nice anchorage for a day or several days. The waterway charts are somewhat misleading. They suggest in some it isn't navitable beyond the Forts vistors docks. Actually on the north side you have good water several hundred yards beyond this and a nice sandy beach with steep drop off you can beach on. There is a five foot tide here so act accordingly. The inlet itself isn't navitable to the ocean in anything more than a sea kayak but it's a really beautiful place and well portected from almost any wind direction. If you enter on low tide it's very easy to determine where the shoals are. It gets pretty crowded in the summer months. As with most of the east coast barrier island inlets they change from year to year depending on storm activity.
marvin4239

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Bill Uffelman"]They were serving conch at Normans in the Ritz Carlton in Orlando last evening -- we had the flounder.

Bill if you get the opportunity check out the catfish house in Saint Cloud. It's a rustic place serving REAL Florida sea food. Strangle enough the owners are from Alaska but have been in Florida for many years. They have about anything you can imagine from Squid to Alligator Tail. My favorite is fried fingerling catfish. If you go on sunday expect a real long line>
Dragonfly

City/Region: Cameron
State or Province: NC
C-Dory Year: 1995
C-Dory Model: 16 Angler
Vessel Name: FireFly
Photos: Dragonfly
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 1:15 pm    Post subject: Hoping to get to Six Mile Creek tomorrow feb 22 Reply with quote

Today we have been off looking in some local stores. The first one was called Pier 17 and WOW what a Marine store it is . They have some of everything in that store REALLY ! Then we wondered over to a place called Chamblin Bookmine. I got lost twice walking around in there . LOL It is the largest used/new book store I have ever seen. We both love to read so we were in heaven there for a while. We left to go look this morning an it's just after one pm now . It looks like rain is making it's way here now so guess we'll hang out and read a while. Looks like Larry and I might have caught a nice cold while we were out this week..it should be against the law to get a cold or anything like it while on vacation ! Cry LOL Take care all , Tracy Wink
marvin4239

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi folks. Sorry the weather isn't cooperating. You must have bought some of that cold tarheel weather with you! Looks as if friday and saturday aren't going to be much better but forecast for sunday and monday looks real good. Hope your colds are short lived. That Pier 17 is something else they have at least one of everything. At least you found some good reading material. Give me a call if you need anything.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: