The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

We're in Florida ! Yippee
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dragonfly

City/Region: Cameron
State or Province: NC
C-Dory Year: 1995
C-Dory Model: 16 Angler
Vessel Name: FireFly
Photos: Dragonfly
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:17 pm    Post subject: We're in Florida ! Yippee Reply with quote

Hi all Very Happy
We made it to St.Augustine today with boat ! Poor Larry drove though lots of rain.. . Now we can putt around and enjoy some warmer weather for a few days. SO if anyone is close to us and wants to get together just drop a line or call me on my cell number . We hope to see some forts and do a wee bit of fishing. I plan to LIE if I don't catch a moster ! Shocked So be prepared for a "whopper of a tail" other wise.. lol Take care all ! Tracy

Captains Cat

City/Region: Cod Creek>Potomac River>Chesapeake Bay
State or Province: VA
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Captain's Choice II
Photos: Captain's Cat
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tracy, what's the difference between a Moster and a Monster?

Probably an "N"?? Question

Float safely and and have a great time. See you at Langford!!

CHARLIE and PENNY CBRAT #100
Captain's Cat II 2005 22 Cruiser
Thataway (2006 TC255 - Sold Aug 2013)
Captain's Cat (2006 TC255 - Sold January 2012)
Captain's Kitten (1995 CD 16 Angler- Sold June 2010)
Captain's Choice (1994 CD 22 Cruiser- Sold Jun 2007)
Potomac River/Chesapeake Bay
K4KBA
Dragonfly

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:39 pm    Post subject: LOL Reply with quote

I knew I'd get busted for that one ! LOL I am just SO happy to be afloat again... that I was in a rush to let everyone know. Seems like a life time since we have been out enjoying the water ! So so you got me on a little slip of spelling but I am on the water ! LOL Wish some brats were here to enjoy it with us ! Take care Charlie...
JamesTXSD

City/Region: from island boy to desert dweller
State or Province: AZ
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: "Wild Blue" (sold 9/14)
Photos: Wild Blue
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:04 pm    Post subject: Re: LOL Reply with quote

Dragonfly wrote:
...but I am on the water ! LOL Wish some brats were here to enjoy it with us ! Take care Charlie...

Keep posting, and there will be lots of us "there" with you. Very Happy
marvin4239

City/Region: Jacksonville Florida/Wilmington NC
State or Province: FL
Vessel Name: C-FLE II
Photos: C-FLE II
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you get the opportunity check out O'steens restaurant for lunch. It's a seafood favorite for the locals with great fried shrimp and Minorcan Clam Chowder. It's about 1/4 miles south from the bridge of Lions on A1A on the right. Nothing fancy it's a family style place closed on Sunday and Monday. Nice antique store right next door. I may come down saturday. Trying to get ready for a 10 day trip down the Saint Johns starting the 28th. Have fun and be safe.
marvin

SEA3PO

City/Region: Chester
State or Province: CA
C-Dory Year: 2003
Vessel Name: SEA3PO
Photos: SEA3PO
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While yer there...would you try a "Moheato" (spelling?) its some sort of Florida drink that they are always talking about on CSI Miami.....I know it has a mint leaf in it...

Joel
SEA3PO
DaveS

City/Region: Arlington
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2004
Vessel Name: Sea Shift
Photos: Sea Shift
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SEA3PO wrote:
While yer there...would you try a "Moheato" (spelling?) its some sort of Florida drink that they are always talking about on CSI Miami.....I know it has a mint leaf in it...
Joel
SEA3PO

Joel, I think you've got that drink all wrong! The mint leaf isn't in it. The mint leaf is all that you wear after you drink it! Disgust

C-Brat #16
dave

City/Region: Riverview
C-Dory Year: 2006
C-Dory Model: 23 Venture
Vessel Name: Cocoon
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is MOJITO

They are just like a Lay's potato chip, you can't have just one!
terraplane

City/Region: chesapeake bay
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: R-25 Tug
Vessel Name: BANJO
Photos: Sally's Sister
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 2:31 am    Post subject: dragonflly Reply with quote

Hope you guys have fun...and you have the air if it gets stuffy. We look forward to seeing you at the Chesapeake gathering in June...and the truck too.!

Watch out for the Mojitos. Some people call that drink "Castro's Revenge."

terraplane
Sea Wolf

City/Region: Redding
C-Dory Year: 1987
Vessel Name: Sea Wolf
Photos: Sea Wolf
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those of us that are wondering just what this MOJITO business is all about, here's a little info from Wikipedia: * (Note the reference to mojo!)

Mojito

Mojito (pronounced /məˈhiːtoʊ/ (English) IPA: [moˈxito] (Spanish)) is a traditional Cuban cocktail which became popular in the United States during the late 1980s, and has recently seen a resurgence in popularity.
A mojito is traditionally made of five ingredients: rum, sugar (traditionally sugar cane juice), lime, carbonated water and mint[1]. Its combination of sweetness and refreshing citrus and mint flavors are intended to mask the potent kick of the rum, and have made this clear cocktail a popular summer drink. Many hotels in Havana also add Angostura bitters to cut the sweetness of the mojito; while a popular variation, it is not the original version created in La Bodeguita del Medio[1].
To make a Mojito, juice from a lime is added to sugar and mint leaves in a tall glass. The mixture is then gently mashed repeatedly with a muddler. Crushed ice is then added, followed by rum and topped off with club soda.
The word mojito is derived from the diminutive of the word mojo.[2]
Cuban Mojito recipe (from another source)

the original authentic recipe from Havana Cuba

1 teaspoon powdered sugar
Juice from 1 lime (2 ounces)
4 mint leaves
1 sprig of mint
Havana Club white Rum (2 ounces)
2 ounces club soda

There are countless recipes for the Mojito (pronounced moh-HEE-toh), but this version is for the one Hemingway himself enjoyed at the Mojito's place of birth: La Bodeguita del Medio in Havana, Cuba.

A traditionally prepared mojito, in a collins glass, garnished with lime and mint.

Joe. Cocktail Thumbs Up Laughing

Sea Wolf, C-Brat #31
Lake Shasta, California

"Most of my money I spent on boats and women. The rest I squandered'. " -Annonymous
Pandy Girl

City/Region: Westfield, NC
Vessel Name: Pandy Girl
Photos: Pandy Girl
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 12:03 pm    Post subject: Crusing FL Reply with quote

Hi Larry & Tracy
We would like to cruise with yall but we are to far apart, we are on the West of FL at Fort Myers Beach. We have done a little Cruising and some fishing. Did not catch anything worth bragging on. Take care and keep up Posted
Jim

Tad and Toby Jackson

City/Region: Merritt Island
Vessel Name: Comfy Dory
Photos: Comfy Dory
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 1:04 pm    Post subject: Florida Reply with quote

Hi Larry and Tracy,

Welcome to Florida! It looks like you all got herer about the same time as this little cold front. I hope you have found a place to keep out of the wind. It should pass quickly I hope. Where are you goin to travel here in Florida? The St. Augustine area is really pretty. The Castillo De San Marco and the Old town area are right near the Municipal Marina and you can tie off there for $4 per hour while you sightsee. You can also get shower and laundry rm. access for $5. Just about 10 miles or so to the south is Fort Matanzas behind Matanzas Inlet. There is a beautiful protected place to anchor for the night between the inlet and the fort.

South of Daytona is Ponce Inlet...a good fishing inlet. Inside of the inlet is a place called the disappearing island. Many boats anchor there at low tide when the island is exposed.

The next inlet to the south is Port Canaveral which is a big cruise port with several terminals. You can only reach the Port from the ICW by going through the Barge Canal across Merritt Is., and then the Canaveral Locks into the port. We live just a few miles to the south of the Barge Canal across from Marker 77 on the ICW.

We are trying to set up a trip this weekend with overnights on Friday and Saturday. Our first thought has been to head south down to Sebastian Inlet about 45 miles to the south of us. There are many spoils islands between Melbourne and Sebastian Inlet and we like to fish during the day in or around the inlet and then anchor for the night behind one of the islands. The islands are also good for wade fishing with top water plugs and soft baits for Speckled Trout and Redfish.

Let us know if you are going to be down our way and maybe we will be able to cross wakes.

Tad
Dragonfly

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tad thanks for all that information. We tried a wee bit of fishing today and didn't have any luck. I can't lie..I was busy taking Fort Photos.. Larry was uh..trying to be serious about fishing. LOL The fort was very interesting and smaller than I thought it would be . That's Fort Matanzas I believe..(Charlie ?) We will be here if the weather doesn't turn nasty until maybe Saturday or Sunday. Mostly looks good to me . Tomorrow we are off to Jacksonville for two days. I was hoping to see Fort Mose from the water but they tell me you can't get to it from the water yet.. . I'll be looking anyway.. Surprised Maybe we will run into some brats while we are here poking around. We have had some "tours" today of our boat. We got some real interested folks here today when we put into our slip. We thought we had Dragonfly sold about three times ! We were ready to call Carrie over at Mobile East to order a new one Cool LOL. I might start charging a boarding fee (wine money) LOL Take care all thanks again for all the information ! Tracy
Dragonfly

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 8:06 pm    Post subject: Mojito's.. Reply with quote

Oh and about the drink..I asked and the Conch bar doesn't have fresh mint so they don't do the Mojito. I'll keep searching for a place the has them and give it a try. Cool Larry will let you know if I make it back to the boat after that first drink...lol Take care....Tracy
SEA3PO

City/Region: Chester
C-Dory Year: 2003
Vessel Name: SEA3PO
Photos: SEA3PO
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK....I'll be waiting for that report..... Some day I will get to Florida and I want to eat a Conch (I guess you have to go to the Bahama's now for that) and drink a Mojito or three..

Joel
SEA3PO
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: