View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alyssa Jean

City/Region: Guemes Is.(Anacortes)
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 16 Angler
Vessel Name: Alyssa Jean
Photos: Anna Leigh and Alyssa Jean
PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 6:36 pm    Post subject: Sliding under sink drawers Reply with quote

At the Lopez Is. get together another Cabernet 22 cruiser came in and moored all the way at the end of the docks. It had no name on her at the time. Two men; one from Levenworth was a friend of the owner. Can't remember who it was. He had installed some pretty neat heavy wire drawer units under the Wallas. Want to know where he got them.

Alyssa Jean 16 Angler
Anna Leigh 22 Cruiser Sold 2005
Anna Leigh 25 Cruiser Sold 2014

K7KJR C-Brats #51
Anita Marie

City/Region: Oak Harbor
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Anita Marie
Photos: Anita Marie and Little Buddy
PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

David, his name was Jim and his boat name is Work Release. I believe he is from Everret and is a neighbor of Jeff Messmer from the factory.
Work Release

City/Region: Everett, Wa.
C-Dory Year: 2004
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Work Release
Photos: Work Release
PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 9:03 pm    Post subject: drawers Reply with quote

Hi David,
I ordered the pull out drawers through www.ovisonline.com , there are several models and sizes available. Since my boat was new I was able to go with two of the 117/8" 3-basket pull-out. They cost $150.84 for two plus $17.98 shipping. I made a support to fit 2/3 of the way accross the bottom which room for storage underneth and some tall storage on the aft end. I was a little worried about the heat from the wallace stove, but after running it serval times, once on low all nite for heat and cooking several times, I haven't had any problems. It was a little spendy, but I am really pleased with the amount of storage. I took the Boat to the shop for maintenance tonite, but when I get it back I will take some Pics to post. I also portable bought a seat that mounts outside on the rear of the cabin which some of the guys might like to see.
Later, Jim
Alyssa Jean

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fred and Jim,

Wow, just ask and wait a couple of minutes. thanks for the info. Will look up the website and check it out. Storage is the most revered of comodities on a small big boat. Always looking for it and how to use it.
Alyssa Jean

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim, did you have to remove the factory door mounted cup holder that they mount on the inside of the aft cabinet door?
Pat Anderson

City/Region: Birch Bay, WA
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Daydream
Photos: Daydream and Crabby Lou
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 9:24 am    Post subject: Re: drawers Reply with quote

Here it is:

Product ID: 594-12 Category: Cabinet Organizers-Wire Organizers-Pull Out Baskets
11-7/8 Inch 3-Basket Pull-Out Wire Basket (311mm)
Description: This unit comes complete with 3 vinyl coated baskets for mounting in base cabinets. Center basket is smaller to allow for taller products to be conveniently stored. Bottom mounting slides with door mounting cabability.
Price: $75.42
Check Volume Discounts

It does not have the height listed, we looked at a bunch of similar items in a number of stores, all were a hair too tall, somewhere around 22" - 25" when we had 20" clearance, is your floor support flush with the bottom of the doors or is it lower? P.S. - if you receive a private message from me (it is sitting in my "out" box not my "sent" box, for reasons completely unknown to me), ignore it - I was trying to ask the same questions about what brand, etc., if you look at the date on the message it is a couple of days ago.

Work Release wrote:
Hi David,
I ordered the pull out drawers through www.ovisonline.com , there are several models and sizes available. Since my boat was new I was able to go with two of the 117/8" 3-basket pull-out. They cost $150.84 for two plus $17.98 shipping. I made a support to fit 2/3 of the way accross the bottom which room for storage underneth and some tall storage on the aft end. I was a little worried about the heat from the wallace stove, but after running it serval times, once on low all nite for heat and cooking several times, I haven't had any problems. It was a little spendy, but I am really pleased with the amount of storage. I took the Boat to the shop for maintenance tonite, but when I get it back I will take some Pics to post. I also portable bought a seat that mounts outside on the rear of the cabin which some of the guys might like to see.
Later, Jim

DAYDREAM - CD25 Cruiser
CRABBY LOU - CD16 Angler (sold 2020)
Pat & Patty Anderson, C-Brat #62!
http://daydreamsloop.blogspot.com

Work Release

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

David,
I was able to set the pull-out drawers far enough back so I did not have to remove the factory door mount cup holder. The factory bracket that supported the stove fuel tank was deleted so it is now mounted along with a extra gallon jug of fuel on the new platform. The drawer units, when closed, have a little catch, but I use a bungee to make sue they don't slide out when in rough seas. The manufacture of the drawer unit is Rev-A-Shelf, sorry I didn't mention that in the other e-mail. Were you able to find the drawer unit on the web site? When I get my boat back I will post some detailed photos of the install.
David, was that you I passed on the Saturday of Memorial Day weekend in the San Juans?
Fish-on, Jim
Work Release

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Pat,
I mounted the platform so the self unit has about 3/8 " clearance above the main door opening. I mounted the platform (very slightly) tilted back so the drawers would stay closed better. The hardest part of the install was making the two formed fitted supports under the platform, since there is nothing square or level on the bottom of the boat. When I mounted the first drawer unit I kepted farely close to the sink drain. I will show all this in the detailed photos.
Jim
Alyssa Jean

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wasn't me on Memorial week-end Jim. Didn't take the boat out that week-end.
Pat the measurements are on the Detailed Image page. 11 7/8 W, 18" D, and 19 1/4" H.
Alyssa Jean

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim/Pat,
Just finished with the prep work towards adding the sliding wire drawers. Picture on my album. Did a hinged cut-out on the front bottom of the face of the cabinet under the existing doors to better access the space under the new floor. Moved the heater fuel tank to the rear. Try to get better pictures tomorrow.
Work Release

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 9:15 pm    Post subject: cabinet pictures Reply with quote

Dave,
Sorry for not getting the pictures posted sooner but I have them in my photo album now. They will show the the drawer units and also a removable seat I bought to mount on the rear of the cabin bulkhead. I have used the stove quite a few time and have had no trouble with any heat to the top shelf. I am really satisfied with the amount of storage I gained with the units. Total cost with shipping $170 for the two shelf units.
Jim, work release
Alyssa Jean

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim, my two shelving units arrived today. Will install them tomorrow. Also order the new replacement center window support that the factory is now installing.
redbaronace

City/Region: Puget Sound
C-Dory Year: 2006
C-Dory Model: 255 Tomcat
Photos: redbaronace (Name TBD)
PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice pull out shelves. This is going to be my next mod.
redbaronace

City/Region: Puget Sound
C-Dory Year: 2006
C-Dory Model: 255 Tomcat
Photos: redbaronace (Name TBD)
PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anna Leigh wrote:
Jim/Pat,
Just finished with the prep work towards adding the sliding wire drawers. Picture on my album. Did a hinged cut-out on the front bottom of the face of the cabinet under the existing doors to better access the space under the new floor. Moved the heater fuel tank to the rear. Try to get better pictures tomorrow.

Like the idea of a cut out on the front bottom of the cabinet to utilize that space underneath of the sliding baskets. Can you explain the mechanism by which it opens and closes (Hinges, spring, etc).
Alyssa Jean

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just used two spring loaded cabinet catches. The type that has two small rollers on one part and the small flared part that pops inbetween the roller part. Tried to add a picture, but it didn't work. I put one on each corner of the door with the other part on the backside of the kick plate.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Cabin, Interior All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: