The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

Cover Photo 6-5-4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Site Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Adeline

City/Region: Vancouver
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 1989
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Adeline
Photos: Adeline
PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 11:38 pm    Post subject: Cover Photo 6-5-4 Reply with quote

At the risk of introducing politics into this fine site, I deeply appreciate the photo of our 40th President, Ronald Wilson Reagan, on this, the day of his passing. Pete

Captains Cat

City/Region: Cod Creek>Potomac River>Chesapeake Bay
State or Province: VA
C-Dory Year: 2005
Vessel Name: Captain's Choice II
Photos: Captain's Cat
PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No risk on my account. A fine thing to do, a great man who will be missed by all.

charlie

CHARLIE and PENNY CBRAT #100
Captain's Cat II 2005 22 Cruiser
Thataway (2006 TC255 - Sold Aug 2013)
Captain's Cat (2006 TC255 - Sold January 2012)
Captain's Kitten (1995 CD 16 Angler- Sold June 2010)
Captain's Choice (1994 CD 22 Cruiser- Sold Jun 2007)
Potomac River/Chesapeake Bay
K4KBA
Otter-BelleHavenMarina

City/Region: Alexandria
State or Province: VA
C-Dory Year: 2001
Vessel Name: Otter
Photos: Otter
PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2004 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ditto here. Notwithstanding the party, the politics, or the historical events that transpired during a President's time of office, we honor the institution and the individuals who occupied that office. President Reagan's decline was particularly poignant for me, as my father was diagnosed with Alzheimer's at about the same time as Reagan was. Several times over the past year, our family was alerted that my father's passing may have been near, just as several times my colleagues in the Diplomatic Security Service were put on notice for Reagan, as his funeral (which will be attended by leaders from around the world) will place a huge demand on our agents. I am happy for President Reagan's passing from the twilight world of Alzheimer's to a better place, as I will be for my Dad when his time comes. Both were men of strong faith, patriots who served their country, and optimists whose confidence inspired others - one on a world scale, the other among a small community of family and friends. May God bless them both.
Da Nag

City/Region: Port Angeles
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2008
C-Dory Model: 16 Angler
Vessel Name: Taco
Photos: <a>Da Boats</a>
PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2004 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
President Reagan's decline was particularly poignant for me, as my father was diagnosed with Alzheimer's at about the same time as Reagan was.

Boy, Tom - I can relate to that. This is a subject near and dear to my heart as well.

My grandmother suffered from this terrible disease as well. I can't think of a worse way to go...she spent the last 12 years of her life not recognizing anyone other than my mom (her daughter), and for the last 5 years didn't even recognize her.

There is a bright side to all of this. Given the exposure of President's Reagan's condition, and Nancy's tireless efforts in promoting and supporting organizations battling this disease, there's been tremendous progress made in the last few years.

For those of you looking for a worthy charity to donate to, the Alzheimers Association does fantastic work. Compared to most charitable organizations, they have very low administrative costs with the majority of donations going directly to fighting the disease.

As anyone who has been affected by this disease knows, Ronald Reagan is in a better place, and his family is undoubtedly thankful his suffering is over.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Site Feedback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: