The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

Hauling skis or snowboard on C-Dory

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> General Technical Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
C-Duck

City/Region: Anchorage
State or Province: AK
C-Dory Year: 2006
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: TBD
Photos: C-Duck (Name TBD)
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 3:36 am    Post subject: Hauling skis or snowboard on C-Dory Reply with quote

Anybody have any pictures or ideas of a good method to carry skis or snowboards on a C-Dory? Roof rack ideas? Railing attachments? Measures to keep saltwater spray from soaking gear?

Spring skiing is only a few months away. Looking for inspiration. Thanks for any feedback.
C-Green

City/Region: Houghton
State or Province: MI
C-Dory Year: 2002
Vessel Name: C-Green
Photos: C-Green
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A Yakima roof rack with towers made to attach to rain gutters works on the stainless roof rails. I have a high top so I needed the extended (or high, I forget which word they use) towers. A little persuasion is needed to get the mount around the rail and I had to reconfigure the wrench (supplied with the rack and made of stamped metal, ie easy to bend) that tightens the mount to the rails, otherwise the high top prevented the wrench from turning. I have a radome up front so I configured a wood rack at the stern similar to B-C's. B-C has photos in his album; I believe he used a Thule. Good luck.

Jay
Rock-C

City/Region: Salem
State or Province: OR
C-Dory Year: 1988
Vessel Name: Rock-C
Photos: Rock-C
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:32 am    Post subject: Re: Hauling skis or snowboard on C-Dory Reply with quote

C-Duck wrote:
Anybody have any pictures or ideas of a good method to carry skis or snowboards on a C-Dory? .

If your going to carry a snowboard, don't forget to pack some chains for traction. Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> General Technical Discussions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: