City/Region: Port Angeles
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2008
C-Dory Model: 16 Angler
Vessel Name: Taco
Photos: <a>Da Boats</a>
PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sawdust wrote:

I fully understand our C-Brat home isn't the proper forum for this sort of thing, and as soon as you acknowledge reading this I'll delete.

Sorry, DaNag Bill, old friend.

Hey! Who you calling old??? I don't deserve that kind of respect - yet... Laughing

Dusty, when you speak, folks listen. I for one, would like to see your post stick around. You are of course welcome to do with it as you wish, but I think it, along with the rest of this thread, sets a great example for folks to follow.

Sure, this thread isn't about boats or boating, and it got a little side-tracked from the innocent and noble intent of Mr. Fisherman. Maybe even a temper or two flared. But it's a perfect example of how "community moderation" works around here, and a testament to how cool heads prevail.

The day that we find it necessary to delete posts, lock threads or something equally heavy handed will be a sad day indeed. Call me the eternal optimist, but with the community of folks who currently participate here, I can't ever see it becomiing necessary.

Cheers

City/Region: Vancouver
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 1984
C-Dory Model: 22 Angler
Vessel Name: Cheers
Photos: Cheers
PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ray -
Your comments were OK by me. Thanks for sharing.
Butch

City/Region: Rising Sun
State or Province: MD
PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 9:01 pm    Post subject: hey Ray.... Reply with quote

Hey Ray! Please don't keep it to yourself.... of all the people in the world this is one group that has a common thread when it comes to civic pride and love of country. The neat thing is we can differ on the finer points of any discussion but know for a fact we are pretty much pulling in the same direction. Did that make sense? Maybe Charlie (Captain's Choice) can help me out here, he is much better with words than I am. This thread sure made me think and reassess a few things. Butch
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: