The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

Fishermans Terminal/Lake Union
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dene

City/Region: Kalama
State or Province: WA
Vessel Name: Fear Naut & Terra-Sea-Ta
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:24 pm    Post subject: Fishermans Terminal/Lake Union Reply with quote

It appears that it's going to be nice this weekend in Seattle. We plan to boat over Saturday to Lake Union and cruise it and Lake Washington for the first time, returning Monday. We're thinking of staying at Fishermans Terminal. Is this a nice moorage? Nearby restaurants, shops?

Also, please suggest places to stop or see on Lake Washington.

Thanks!

-Greg
dotnmarty

City/Region: Sammamish
C-Dory Year: 1993
C-Dory Model: 16 Angler
Vessel Name: LIZZIE II
Photos: Lizzie
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last I was there they were totally redoing moorage and putting in floating slips. It should be fine. There is probably a web site. Chinooks is a great restaurant right there. They also have a fast food fish and chips place on the ground level. I would skip that and go to the diner on the south side of the 'lobby'. Their omlettes are the biggest and the best. I like to spend sometime at the Fishermen's Memorial there (picture below). Lake Union is a great place to just look at the Seattle skyline and the seaplanes and boats coming and going. Take a good look at the Boeing yacht Daedelus, moored next to Lake Union Sea Ray, a C-Dory dealer. Proceeding east, you may want to get Sunday brunch reservations at Ivars Salmon house, just on the west side of the I-5 bridge. For the money it's the best buffet in Seattle. They have a long floating pier. Then proceed east into Portage bay and look at the old wooden yachts and the Sleepless in Seattle houseboats. Go through the Montlake Cut to Lake Washington and across to Kirkland. Lots of free, but not floating moorage right in the center of town. From there proceed south under the I-90 bridge to Bill Gates house and see how the other half lives. From there you can continue south all the way to Coulon park-nice facilities with free moorage and fast food. (There is fuel at the Newport Marina just south of the I-90 bridge on the Bellevue{eastern} side.) From Coulon you can go past the Boeing 737 plant and up the Seattle (western shore) side and see the beautiful homes on the west side of Mercer Island. Continue north on the Seattle side and you will pass Andrews Bay, also know as Pat Anderson Memorial Moorage (just kidding) and thru the west passge under the 520 bridge and back to Montlake Cut and a view of Huskie Stadium.

Montlake Cut-between Portage Bay and Lake Washington

"...we're all in the same boat..."

Last edited by dotnmarty on Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Cutty Sark

City/Region: Kenmore, Sammamish Slough
C-Dory Year: 1989
Vessel Name: TBD
Photos: Cutty Sark
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now I've never docked at fishermans terminal, so I can't comment on the dock itself, but I know Chinooks restaurant is right there and has pretty good seafood and a fantastic view. As far as shopping, there isn't much right there other than a couple restaurants. There are also a couple restaurants across Lake Union at chandlers cove, there is an Anthony's, a Daniels Broiler, and another restaurant I've dined at a few times but whose name eludes me right now. You night also think about Kirkland if shopping interests you. There are alot of little shops and restaurants within walking distance of the marina. The dock there is a bit rough but if the weather is decent and your well fendered you should be ok. Other places to check out would be Andrews bay( which Daydreams crew is fond of) or St. Edwards park which I like to anchor off of during summer. Of course the various parks are a little more freindly in the spring and summer when the water is a bit warmer. Usually I would reccomend a cruise up the sammamish river but with the flooding this year the channel is quite shallow from silt and I know of a couple boats that had trouble at the mouth. Have fun on the lake.

Sark
rogerbum

City/Region: Kenmore
C-Dory Year: 2008
C-Dory Model: 255 Tomcat
Vessel Name: Meant to be
Photos: SeaDNA
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cutty Sark wrote:
Now I've never docked at fishermans terminal, so I can't comment on the dock itself, but I know Chinooks restaurant is right there and has pretty good seafood and a fantastic view. As far as shopping, there isn't much right there other than a couple restaurants. There are also a couple restaurants across Lake Union at chandlers cove, there is an Anthony's, a Daniels Broiler, and another restaurant I've dined at a few times but whose name eludes me right now.

Hooters? Wink

There is one there but you are more likely thinking of Duke's Chowder house or perhaps I Love Sushi or Blue Water Bistro - all (with the exception of Hooters) are good places to eat.

Pat Anderson

City/Region: Birch Bay, WA
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Daydream
Photos: Daydream and Crabby Lou
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, this is maybe a "when you are ready" type suggestion...but why not anchor at Andrews Bay for the night? Andrews Bay is just south of the Lake Washington Floating Bridge, and one side is Seward Park - very nice to dinghy to shore and walk the paved loop trail (about 2 miles I think). You can still eat at Fisherman's Terminal or the Ivar's or wherever, but for a great peaceful overnight spot, this is hard to beat, Wallas blazing and some nice music playing, maybe a glass of wine is involved, myself, I can hardly wait to get back, and we were there twice in December already!

DAYDREAM - CD25 Cruiser
CRABBY LOU - CD16 Angler (sold 2020)
Pat & Patty Anderson, C-Brat #62!
http://daydreamsloop.blogspot.com

Cutty Sark

City/Region: Kenmore, Sammamish Slough
C-Dory Year: 1989
Vessel Name: TBD
Photos: Cutty Sark
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roger- I like the way you think Shocked I forgot that was there. But no, it is Duke's, I've only eaten there 3-4 times but it has always been good. Actually it was the first place we took the Cdory when it was new to get some break in time on the motors. Andrews bay does sound good- Pat has got me excited about staying there now.

Sark
Jazzmanic

City/Region: Seattle
Photos: C-Dancer
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know, Caryn has mentioned to me that we should have an Andrews Bay CBGT with the land festivities being held at our house, which is just up the hill. Something to think about...hmmm

Peter

Email: pjamero@gmail.com
rogerbum

City/Region: Kenmore
C-Dory Year: 2008
C-Dory Model: 255 Tomcat
Vessel Name: Meant to be
Photos: SeaDNA
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jazzmanic wrote:
You know, Caryn has mentioned to me that we should have an Andrews Bay CBGT with the land festivities being held at our house, which is just up the hill. Something to think about...hmmm

Peter

I'd be up for that. Especially if I pick up a dingy at the SBS so I can ferry the dog in for his bathroom break.
Dene

City/Region: Kalama
Vessel Name: Fear Naut & Terra-Sea-Ta
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wanted to say thanks for the great advice. I printed the responses and look forward to visiting these places. Re. anchoring on Andrews Bay, that's not practical this time. My wife likes a warm, cozy cabin, courtesy of a ceramic heater. Later this spring, I'd like to do that. We've never anchored overnight.

-Greg
lloyds

City/Region: sublimity
State or Province: OR
C-Dory Year: 1996
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: undecided
Photos: 1996 22 Cruiser (Lloyds)
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone please refresh my memory as to the location of Andrews Bay. I am familiar with Kirkland, I-90 bridge. Have anchored at the park on the west side of Lake Washington, Seward Park I believe. And have launched over near there as well.
Jazzmanic

Photos: C-Dancer
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lloyds,

Yes, Andrews Bay is on the west side of Seward Park. In the heart of the summer, it's crowded with the young, partying ski boat crowd. Pat and Patty have the right idea about anchoring while it's colder and quieter.

Peter
lloyds

City/Region: sublimity
State or Province: OR
C-Dory Year: 1996
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: undecided
Photos: 1996 22 Cruiser (Lloyds)
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently that was where I anchored. Just didn't remember the name. I can imagine it would get crowded. I was there last fall and arrived late at night on a weekday and there were a bunch of boats anchored. Some looked like they had been living there. Pleasant place though.
Pat Anderson

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a GREAT idea!

Jazzmanic wrote:

Peter
C-Change

C-Dory Year: 2009
Vessel Name: C-Change
Photos: C-Change
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A gathering at Andrews Bay does sound like a great idea. Stacy and I are in if we are in town. Very Happy
Pat Anderson

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jan - are you sure it isn't too far to go for you? Laughing

C-Change wrote:
A gathering at Andrews Bay does sound like a great idea. Stacy and I are in if we are in town. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: