The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

Installing a GPS

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cbadmin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2003 2:05 pm    Post subject: Installing a GPS Reply with quote

From: Moskwass (Original Message) Sent: 4/13/2003 6:26 PM
I am in the process of installing my garmin 182C and the instructions are not very clear.
the power cable has many colored wires coming out of it. I understand red for power and black for ground. and the others are to use if you are hooking the unit up to something like the radar,right??????????
do I have to hooke the extra wires to something or do I just bundle them and wire tie them up out of the way??????????

Roger,on the Sensei

Roger -

There should be a wiring diagram with the installation instructions that tells you what color wire to hook to what color wire. If you're color blind like me, you have to ask someone which one is green. Other than that, it is pretty easy. I thought it was kind of odd that the wires from one cord that mate with the other cord are not all the same color as the ones they hook to. The extra wires are for optional features. I just bundled mine up and wire tied them just like you figured on doing.

You'll really like the Garmin. I do believe it has the same processor chip as the one I just put in. Lots of neat features.

Have fun.

Find your gps coordinates anywhere in the US. I needed it to calibrate an older gps unit

http://www.juggling.org/bin/do/map-find?lat=%2B39.065536&lon=-084.994113&zoom=1&wid=47.0&ht=24.0&action=display&map.x=74&map.y=126
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Electronics All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: