HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

Tufted Topper

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nan-C

City/Region: Oakland
State or Province: CA
Vessel Name: Nan-C
Photos: Nan-C
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 1:26 pm    Post subject: Tufted Topper Reply with quote

For those who were interested, the Tufted Topper (tuftedtopper.com) arrived today -- a little less than two weeks after I mailed the pattern. Obviously, the service is as prompt as promised. The topper is excellent quality. The materials and the workmanship produce a topper that seems equal to the cover of a quality mattress. We are thrilled with it.

Naturally, I had to take it out to the boat to check it out. So I waded through the snow and went slip-slidin' across the considerable ice leftover from our big ice storm to the boat garage. I turned on my little West Marine heater and made up the berth with the topper and the custom fitted sheets that I also ordered. The fit is perfect. The topper and sheets fit around the cut-out in the cushions at the berth entry just the way they should, etc. First impression -- WOW! The crevices between the cushions disappear and the whole surface becomes a uniform mattress top creating a comfortable, cozy berth we are anxious to use -- although Nancy was not anxious enough to slide across the ice to join me. Said something about not being some brainless bug dumb enough to join the spider in his web.

After I placed our order, I had second thoughts about the custom top sheet because I don't like the sheet tight across my toes and usually kick it loose -- one of the many pet peeves I cause Nancy. My thinking was that the top sheet might as well be a conventional cut like the blankets will be, but after I trying it, I like the custom sheet. There is an elastic pocket sewn in the end with plenty of sheet to fit loosely.

Bottom line: I like it.

Greg
C-Hawk

City/Region: Carpinteria / Channel Islands
State or Province: CA
C-Dory Year: 2008
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: C-Hawk
Photos: C-Hawk
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We made a fitted cover for the v-berth out of some large terry cloth towels. (will post pictures if I ever get my boat back Evil or Very Mad )
We use the v-berth Travasak for sleeping.

KJ6VVB
A Brat I am, At sea I be
God is Great, Beer is Good.... and People are Crazy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Cabin, Interior All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: