The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

Seattle boat show

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Hull, Deck and Fittings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
C-Trial

City/Region: St Helens
State or Province: OR
C-Dory Year: 2000
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: C-Trial
PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 1:31 pm    Post subject: Seattle boat show Reply with quote

I once stumbled across some (recent) boat show photos on this site that I'm trying to relocate. As I recall it showed a (number of photos of a ) green 22 cruiser being rigged, I seem to recall Les Lampman being referred to in the potos, but most importantly, the boat had an ultra-neat stainless doo-hickey on the cabin roof that looked like part rocket launcher, part radar arch. At least, this is what my addled mind recalls.

Can someone direct me to this photo?

I want to have a combination rocket-launcher-radar-reflector arch built for my 22 cruiser. Need to get that radar reflector up in the air and away from my cabin-mounted radome. It wouldn't hurt my feelings if this arch had room for a couple of rear-facing lights. Anyone know of such a fabrication shop?

C-Trial
Da Nag

City/Region: Port Angeles
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2008
C-Dory Model: 16 Angler
Vessel Name: Taco
Photos: <a>Da Boats</a>
PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They're in my photo album...I should probably move them to the SBS album.

Click here - 4-5 pics are listed.

If memory serves, the arch at the SBS was made by Tanner - I don't have a contact for them, but C-Dory should as they installed the arch for the boat at the show. I used it as a model for the height I wanted on mine, which was made by Steph at Brooks Marine - he does the custom stainless work for Les.

There were a few things I did not like about the Tanner at the show:

- Permanent anchor light. I'd rather plug the stock C-Dory one in when I need it. Having a permanent one increases your overall height. Also, if you ever decide to have a custom cover made, it will be problematic to work around it.

- The price. I don't remember the exact amount, but I did chat with Tanner at the SBS, and remember their pricing being significantly higher than Brooks Marine.

- Integrated rod holders. I'd rather not have them welded to the bar, it reduces options down the road. I used clamp-on rocket launchers from Precision Marine Hardware - link here, scroll down a bit to see them. They're a little pricier, but 100% stainless - most are plated. They also have low, mid and high mounts to get them just where you want them. I also have their flush mounts installed, and had their articulating rod holders on my last boat - all top-notch stuff.

Steph does beautiful work, at a very reasonable price. Some pics of mine:

Pic 1

Pic 2

Also, check out the Sea Shift and Anita Marie albums - both Dave and Fred had their arches done by Steph as well, and you can get an idea of what slightly taller ones look like - they both wanted room underneath for a dinghy.

C-Trial

City/Region: St Helens
State or Province: OR
C-Dory Year: 2000
Vessel Name: C-Trial
PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 5:19 pm    Post subject: Saving the day Reply with quote

Bill,

Can't thank you enough for making all this available. I owe you at least several of your favorite ale for this information.

best,
C-Trial
DaveS

City/Region: Arlington
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2004
Vessel Name: Sea Shift
Photos: Sea Shift
PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 2:35 am    Post subject: Re: Seattle boat show Reply with quote

C-Trial wrote:
It wouldn't hurt my feelings if this arch had room for a couple of rear-facing lights.

C-Trial

Hi C-Trial, page 10 on the Sea Shift album has a picture of our arch with a "rear facing" scene light, as well as port and starboard scene lights. We also had a rear "porch light" installed as well, that way the cockpit is adequately illuminated Idea when the camper back is deployed.

C-Brat #16
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Hull, Deck and Fittings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: