The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

NORTHEAST C-BRAT 2008 SCHEDULE

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Byrdman

City/Region: Cumberland River, Clarksville,
State or Province: WA
Vessel Name: " ? " After Rename Ceremony
Photos: FreeByrd and C-Byrd
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 6:55 pm    Post subject: NORTHEAST C-BRAT 2008 SCHEDULE Reply with quote

Hope all is well in the NE with all C-Brats.

Any of you have any chatter going on the gatherings for this summer?

Byrdman

C-Byrd, CD18A, Hull #14 sold again.. May 2020
C-Byrd, CD18A, Hu #14 - Bought her again - May16
Aloysius, Sold to Brother Mike Mar16
Aloysius, Hull # 440 RF-246
C-Byrd, CD18A, Hull #14 Sold May09
TC24, Hull #51, Sold Feb06
CD16A, Sold Dec03
Never Deny Yourself The Pleasure of Helping Others.
terraplane

City/Region: chesapeake bay
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: R-25 Tug
Vessel Name: BANJO
Photos: Sally's Sister
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 8:24 am    Post subject: Chesapeake gathering is on Reply with quote

Hey Byrdman...

Greetings from rainy Chesapeake. Our gathering is on for June...I think it is the weekend of the 8th...don't have my calendar here. Friday, Saturday, Sunday...Love to have you.

Tom McHugh "terraplane"
Byrdman

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Tom! Good to See from you again. Will watch closely for the chatter to beging on this one, and any others that get going in that area around the same time.

Would love to boat up in the area for about two weeks and see what all I could see.

If any others would like to take about a two week cruise up there around this C-Brat gathering let me know.

Byrdman
CTYankee

City/Region: Conn
State or Province: CT
C-Dory Year: 1999
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Crescent Girl
Photos: Crescent Girl
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Pat,

Happy Thanksgiving to you and all.

The New England/New York/NJ contingent has discussed a Mid-coast Maine cruise for late summer. Probably will be late August, starting in Bath or Boothbay, going to Castine or Mt Desert Island and last about a week. Further details will wait till next year. Would love to have you join us.

We also discussed a possible Spring cruise on Narragansett bay, or possibly the Hudson River. No more details yet. When are you planning to come our way?

Dun (CTYankee)
Byrdman

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving again this year. I caugth Mom gazing out her window and asked what she was looking at as she looked out at the lake and her dock. She said, you know, I just really miss those C-Brats all tied up at the dock like last year!! WOW.. we did have about 6 boats for Thanksgiving 06 and it was a blast!!

I had wanted to come up in the June window. Maybe hook a couple trips/gatherings together or if I am forced... Mr. Green just boat about the area for 3 weeks if others want to cruise about. I have never been able to make a gathering up there and was reminded a time or two now by some of my traveling NE corner C-Brats that the interstates and waters flow both ways. It is my turn to travel that way.

So, what if we were able to take part of the Great Loop route, and make a two - three week cruise with a couple/few weekend gatherings in the mix?? Do-able or not? Sort of like Bill and El have done and just leap frog the tow vehicles even. Sure would make for a great trip.

Byrdman
Byrdman

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dun.... Well, if you and or any of the others want to do some pre-cruising test runs let me know. I hope to boat up in the at NE corner in the Jun time frame. Want to see all the C-Brats and waters I can once I haul up that way.

Byrdman
CTYankee

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pat,

I'm sure we can work something out for all or part of your plans. When are you planning on visiting our fair corner of the world? Ken from NJ has expressed some interest in a Hudson River trip in June, and I would like to run up the Hudson to Lake Champlain sometime this year. We might get others to join also. Keep in touch.

Right now we're just trying to stay warm with $3.20/gal oil!

Dun
Byrdman

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dun and others: In NY now with Terry/Last Dance. Yep, those fuel prices are just what is driving this thread, and time. Like this year when I drove down to the Gulf Coast from TN, 11 hours each way on the roads @ about 11mpg. Then, only got to boat 1 1/2 day. Not a good ratio. So, what I was hoping to do is hook up with some others while up in the NE corner and get a bit better ratio of time on water vs time on road. Going to take me the same cost and time to get up there, but just wanted to get more bang (or water time) for my bucks. So, I have Jun loosely penciled in as NE corner...and wide open for any travels with my fellow C-Brats. I have not made the NE corners yet. I like going places I have not gone to and cruising with folks I have only known via this site and not yet met and enjoyed laughs, food and fun.

Today, I am prety much open for about 3 weeks time up there, and will work around the "NE C-Brat Cruising Schedule".. Who knows, I may be able to drag Brigner and some other southern folks north with me too.

Byrdman
terraplane

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 10:18 am    Post subject: byrdman Reply with quote

When our gathering ends in early June (Sunday June Cool maybe we could put together five or six days of Chesapeake Bay touring...I'd be happy to suggest a plan. June is usually good weather here. Let's explore the idea.

By the way, the June gathering will be June 6,7,8..at Lankford Bay Marina...same place...we do plan some additions and changes..but the same informal format. Watch for an early announcement of our plans.

Terraplane
terraplane

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 10:21 am    Post subject: terry Reply with quote

Byrdman,

Say hello to Terry for me. Last night it was snowing here and i cooked up my last white hots, with kraut, and roasted broccoli w. garlic.

Hope you guys are having fun.

Tom terraplane
Byrdman

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom... Had a blast with Terry and posted some stuff/photo's on the link Byrdman Blows Snow or something like that... And yes... between the airport and his house we made us a white hot stop....in the blowing snow. Great trip.

Got 6-8Jun08 on the calendar for Lankford Bay Marina Gathering.

Anybody up for a trip up to NY via the waters? Personal dream to have my own boat in front of the Statue of Liberty and that area. Would hate to be about 200 miles away and not make that!! We do have trailers!

And/or a week kicking about the bay would be nice too. Many options up there in the corner.

Byrdman
terraplane

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:56 pm    Post subject: Snow man Reply with quote

For a good ol Southern guy, you look natural behind that machine. Terry probably used the old Tom Sawyer and the fence plan to get you out there.

Re: June. All is possible. First step is to get you up here.

tom (terraplane)
CTYankee

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pat and all,

You look like a southern version of St Nick behind that snowblower. Did you ever think maybe Terry had an alterior motive having you try out his toys? Like maybe getting his driveway plowed?

Well, June is doable for us if you make it up here. If Terry is coming, we will be there for sure. Why don't you spend a week on the Chesapeake and then come up to the NY area? Terraplane Tom and crew provide a great time at their Rendezvous, but it's a miserable drive for us down the NJ turnpike, and vacation time is precious. A trip around the Statue of Liberty sounds great. After that, maybe up the Hudson to Lake Champlain. I think a few C-Brat suspects would be up for that.

Say hi to Terry for me!

Dun
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: