View previous topic :: View next topic  
captd

City/Region: Chain of Lakes
State or Province: MT
C-Dory Year: 1994
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Kon Tiki
Photos: Hunky Dory
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 7:30 pm    Post subject: Home from Rincon de Guayobitos Reply with quote

Hi C-Brats,
Bad year for fishing down south. Water never warmed up and dorado were far and few between. Marlin , sails, and wahoos were found once in a while. One sail measure 8ft 8in. I have some neat pictures which I will post as soon as I figure it out again. I have a couple of pictures I know all C-Dory owners will apreciate. My mooring anchor came apart after a week of steady wind and waves. As I ran up and down the beach looking for a ponga to take me out, it came ashore all by itself. Some folks from Minnesota took some pictures at just the right time as the hunky dory and another boat came in. The whole town thought it would roll over and I am sure lots of pictures were taken. I have tried to post them but the messages say no bmp type pictures. guess I need to change them to J-peg.
In pursuit of better fishing we went around the Gulf to Florida. Got into a few grouper. will post those also.

Thanks for the new activation.
Have more stories later.
Capt D

2007 25 R Ranger (Mis Dee) sold 2008
2009 25 R Ranger (Lucky Fin) sold
1994 22 ft C-Dory ( Kon Tiki )
Rokjok777

City/Region: SF Bay Area
State or Province: CA
C-Dory Year: 2004
Vessel Name: Squidward
PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

where is Rincon de Guayobitos?
gkb270

City/Region: leduc county
State or Province: AB
C-Dory Year: 2004
C-Dory Model: 19 Angler
Vessel Name: Lily
Photos: Lily
PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 10:21 pm    Post subject: Re Rincon Reply with quote

Hello .
Thankyou for your report about the fishing in Rincon . have fished there for quite a few years, but missed last year. I guess I did not miss much.

Did you stay in the Villa Nueva trailer park?

I think you were there in jan 2003. You Might have seen me there,as I was staying in Tropica ,but launched in your park. Had an aluminum 18ft Dolphin at the time. went by the name QUEEN MARY.

just bought a c-dory 19 ft, am leaving sunday ,to the factory to pick it up

George
captd

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rincon is about 900 miles down into Mexico. It is a toll road for about 700 which make it as good as traveling in U.S. This is South out of Nogalis. A little expensive for a toll road, but well worth it.
George, Yes, we stayed at Villa Nueva for the last two years. Will you be taking your new C-Dory down there? The 16 ft'er will be perfect down there. If you decide to moor out front. My new mooring anchor is still out front of the launch ramp. It is a good one. Has a good heavy chain. The regulars can tell you about where it is. We were in a class c right in the front spot, year before last. You must have launched right in front of my camper. Are you going down next year? We will be going to the Bahamas next year. Lets keep in touch.
Still working on the pictures, New computer on a DSL .

Capt D

Last edited by captd on Thu May 20, 2004 9:38 am; edited 1 time in total
captd

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

George,
Just reread your post. congratulations on your purchase of the 19 foot C-Dory. That is even better for that area. Should be an easy launch and retrieve. Are you going to have a roll on trailer? It sure saved my bacon down there after the boat wash up on shore. Loaded it right off the beach.

Capt D
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Fishing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: