The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

Greywater disposal

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Wastewater Systems
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Golerud

City/Region: Bella Vista
State or Province: AR
C-Dory Year: 2006
C-Dory Model: 23 Venture
Vessel Name: SLOGO
Photos: SLOGO
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 8:39 pm    Post subject: Greywater disposal Reply with quote

We are looking at new boats, one of which is the C-Dory 25 Cruiser. Since the boat does not have a greywater holding tank, how do you manage the containment and subsequent disposal of the water when cruising where dumping your grey water overboard is not allowed?
Dreamer

City/Region: Really Sunny SaddleBrooke
State or Province: AZ
Photos: Dreamer
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It shouldn't be too hard to reroute the shower sump output and sink drain to a separate tank under the sink area. We did this once on a FourWinns at Lake Powell. We later found that in spite of the regulations, nobody else bothered with it!

Where are you planning on going that has that restriction?

Once a C-Brat, always a C-Brat

Dreamer- Sold 25 Feb. 2013
JamesTXSD

City/Region: from island boy to desert dweller
State or Province: AZ
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: "Wild Blue" (sold 9/14)
Photos: Wild Blue
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a tough one. The only place we've run into that has been an upscale marina (though I know some lakes have that policy). You can put a dishpan in the sink and pour it into the toilet. No way to contain the shower; you'd have to use the onshore facilities.

We find this to be a more often concern in campgrounds on land as opposed to on the water. I made a fitting with a hose to go into the sink thru-hull to drain into a 5 gallon bucket or into the campground's sewer hookup. We use the campground shower. Or, the easy option: back to the dishpan and dump it in the sewer hookup.

HTH

Best wishes,
Jim B.

Jeff Brigner

State or Province: TN
Vessel Name: C-Pearl
Photos: C-Pearl
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:02 pm    Post subject: grey water Reply with quote

I would think the easiest way to deal with grey water would be to put a storage tank on the ground ( 5,10 or so gallon plastic gas tank or something) and run a hose to it. Then you do not have a tank taking up space on the boat when you are in the water. I tried the trick Dr Bob explained a month or so back of using a piece of garden hose stuck in the waste pump out and pumped into a tank. It worked well under pressure so I would think a gravity fed from the sink would work fine. The pump out from the shower is on the port side and would be under pressure but should still work fine just like the head pump out. I just wrapped it a couple of times with duck tape so it would be a tight fit. In the water you would just have to "Y" off your sink and go into a tank underneath. The shower I guess you could pump into a tank in the locker. Your going to love the boat!! They are great! Cathy and I have really enjoyed ours. The problem now is lack of water in the close lakes and rivers.

Last edited by Jeff Brigner on Mon Nov 05, 2007 10:23 pm; edited 3 times in total
Jeff Brigner

State or Province: TN
Vessel Name: C-Pearl
Photos: C-Pearl
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Jim and Roger,
We all three posted at the same time and there is a few minutes difference between each post on the top. I watched your posts come in when I posted mine. How's that Golerud. Three reply's in less than thirty minutes.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Wastewater Systems All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: