The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

Leaving for the St. Johns

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> All Rangers, All The Time
View previous topic :: View next topic  
captd

City/Region: Chain of Lakes
State or Province: MT
C-Dory Year: 1994
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Kon Tiki
Photos: Hunky Dory
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 7:10 pm    Post subject: Leaving for the St. Johns Reply with quote

Any brats or Tug Thugs down around the St. Johns? Did anyone find a good place to put in and store tow rig and trailer? Camp ground with a dock would be nice. Is there a camp ground with docks at Hontoon landing or across the road from it?
Sanford looks like that is about as far south as a two ft draft will allow. Upon reviewing the charts there seems to be lots of side rivers and canals. Looks like it should be a lot of fun. No need to worry about a big blow or double anchoring.
Tried to find the old thread on the St. Johns , but to no avail. Beside there has been no post here since the 29th.
Captd

2007 25 R Ranger (Mis Dee) sold 2008
2009 25 R Ranger (Lucky Fin) sold
1994 22 ft C-Dory ( Kon Tiki )
Ron Cowan

City/Region: Athens
State or Province: AL
C-Dory Year: 1985
C-Dory Model: 22 Classic
Vessel Name: Elk-Tenn
Photos: Elk-Tenn
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

captd. There ts a campground with excellent ramps at which rigs can be left with a night guard on site, You could leave the rig at the camp site around the corner from the ramp. a rocks throw. It is located juust north of lake monroe between the I-4 bridge and the railroad bridge. This is basicallt Sanford but across the st. johns on hwy.17/92. I am headed back there from north al. in the morning and hope to have my r21 tug on the st. johns by sunday. I have been gone from home about 7 weeks. You will have a great time on the st. johns. Feel free to give a call on (256) 318-4608 if you stay there since I live about 3 miles from there. Ron Cowan
captd

City/Region: Chain of Lakes
State or Province: MT
C-Dory Year: 1994
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Kon Tiki
Photos: Hunky Dory
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Ron,
Sounds good to me, We will check that out. Hontoon Landing was the only place I was familiar with. Around Deland. We will leave from here in Montana on the 11th of Nov. We take about 8 days to get to Florida. We plan on going to Crystal River to add screens to cockpit cover before we put in at the St. Johns. I have the feeling that it will be after thanksgiving. An old friend in Ocala insists we be there for dinner.
I will copy your e-mail and we will call you to say hello when we get down there. We would enjoy company on the river.

Darrel
Jeff Brigner

State or Province: TN
C-Dory Year: 2006
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: C-Pearl
Photos: C-Pearl
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:39 am    Post subject: St Johns Reply with quote

Here is the other thread. Have a great trip!! Cathy & I plan to head that way ( meet up with Jim and Loree on Duck) so keep us all up to date on tips and must see places CoolSmile

http://www.c-brats.com/viewtopic.php?t=6708

City/Region: Anacortes
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2006
C-Dory Model: 255 Tomcat
Vessel Name: Lori Ann
Photos: Lori Ann
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see you are from Alabama -- can you tell me, what is the cause of the drought in Georgia? Is it simply lack of rainfall? Where I come from, water comes from melting snow usually, but that would not be the case there...

Thanks,
Warren

TomCat 255, Hull #55, 150 Yamahas
Anacortes, WA
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> All Rangers, All The Time All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: