View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pat Anderson

City/Region: Birch Bay, WA
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Daydream
Photos: Daydream and Crabby Lou
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2003 12:03 pm    Post subject: Photo Albums! Reply with quote

The photo albums are way cool, MUCH better than MSN. Read the Site Feedback forum for more, but here are some of the improvements Bill has made for us:

1. No storage limit apparent...when I put up the Sequim Bay pix on MSN, I had to delete all my Daydream pix because I was already at the storage limit.

2. The pictures automatically resize...you don't have to manually reduce them down for the net.

3. Best of all, the Edit feature. I will probably use all of the edit features eventually, but the Move is definitely the coolest. This lets you order the pictures how YOU want them instead of some computer sort order. This lets you tell the story you want in your album.

Check out the Daydream album, it is still under construction, I have only got it up to June 2003 as I want it, more to come!

Thanks, Bill!! (And Mike!!)
Da Nag

City/Region: Port Angeles
C-Dory Year: 2008
C-Dory Model: 16 Angler
Vessel Name: Taco
Photos: <a>Da Boats</a>
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2003 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the compliments, Pat.

Some more less-obvious features:

Assuming you upload the original digital camera photo (un-retouched by an editing program), you not only get automatic resizing, but a bunch of cool information gets included. Modern digital cameras embed quite a bit of non-image detail in the jpeg files.

You can see an example of this by looking at this picture of my dogs - click on the "photo properties" link in the upper right hand corner to see what comes across. Again, it's important to upload the original camera file - the photo album resizing operation is "smart" enough to transfer the embedded jpeg information to the resized photo.

Unfortunately, the original process of uploading photos to MSN removed all this extra detail, so it's only available on new uploads here.

Another cool feature - getting prints from the Shutterfly service. If you click the "print this photo on shutterfly" link when looking at any photo, you are redirected to Shutterfly - an external service that will make a print of the digital image, and mail it to you. Those of us with color printers and photo paper can handle this on our own, but it's a nice service for folks who just want a quick print in hand. The other advantage of this service; a portion of the proceeds go back to the developers of the Photo Album software - a nice touch, since they develop the software and provide it for free.

Bill
TyBoo

City/Region: Warrenton
State or Province: OR
C-Dory Year: 1996
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruise Ship
Vessel Name: TyBoo
Photos: TyBoo
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2003 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a lot, Pat. I got things to do today, and I have to work tonight, but I still sat here long enough to go through every one of your album pictures! You did good! I think you might have a touch of nerd in you, too. Thanks for taking the time, and thanks for having fun.

Is this place cool, or what?

Mason C. Bailey

City/Region: Bothell
C-Dory Year: 2002
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: McNaughty III
Photos: McNaughty III
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2003 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe this question is for either Bill or Mike,

I have posted new pictures in the old C-Brat site (easy) and was going to post them here as well, but don't see the "add picture" link. I must be missing something, but can someone tell me how to add a picture?

Thanks, McNaughty
TyBoo

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2003 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there, McNaughty -

You should be able to add, delete and edit the photos in your McNaughty III album now. We have been waiting to activate the albums until we are sure who the owner is. You have now been set as the owner of your album. You are the only guy in the world (except me and the Nerd) who can use your album, so have fun! If it should happen that there is another member who joins, family or whatever, and you would like them to have access to the editing features of your album, just let us know and we can fix that, too.
Mason C. Bailey

City/Region: Bothell
C-Dory Year: 2002
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: McNaughty III
Photos: McNaughty III
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2003 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Mike, I'll go check it out!

McNaughty
lyle-t

City/Region: Olympia
C-Dory Year: 2003
C-Dory Model: 16 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Scorpio
Photos: Scorpio
PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi All,
Bill, Mike
I was looking for an album for the 16 footer Brave Heart which belongs to Bill and Evelyn in Gig Harbor and could not find one Sad . They post to this site and I wondered if they had asked for one or even knew how to go about doing so. Would it be presompitive of me Rolling Eyes to ask for one for them?? Thanks in advance Lyle

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2004 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lyle wrote:
I was looking for an album for the 16 footer Brave Heart which belongs to Bill and Evelyn in Gig Harbor and could not find one.

I made the Brave Heart album for them, but I can't figure out their Username to set the permissions. Thanks for your help so far, Lyle, and now we need some more.
Pat Anderson

City/Region: Birch Bay, WA
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Daydream
Photos: Daydream and Crabby Lou
PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2004 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike - Brave Heart's user name is eieioh (as in E-eye-E-eye-oh). Their name is MacDonald. All they need now is a farm... Wink

TyBoo wrote:
Lyle wrote:
I was looking for an album for the 16 footer Brave Heart which belongs to Bill and Evelyn in Gig Harbor and could not find one.

I made the Brave Heart album for them, but I can't figure out their Username to set the permissions. Thanks for your help so far, Lyle, and now we need some more.

DAYDREAM - CD25 Cruiser
CRABBY LOU - CD16 Angler (sold 2020)
Pat & Patty Anderson, C-Brat #62!
http://daydreamsloop.blogspot.com

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: