The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

11/18 - Snohomish River Delta Cruise
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
timflan

City/Region: Seattle
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Two Lucky Fish +1
Photos: Two Lucky Fish
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Merv & Kathy! I'd miss you if you didn't appear at C-Brats event from time to time. Maybe you could arrange to accidentally be cruising at the same time and place as the bunch of us.

On the other hand, I'm eager to see what you do to the Rosborough! Kingfisher is certainly one of the more luxurious C-Dory 22s around, so we're all expecting great things to appear aboard this new, larger vessel!

DaveS

City/Region: Arlington
C-Dory Year: 2004
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Sea Shift
Photos: Sea Shift
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 12:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Snohomish River cruise Reply with quote

R-Matey wrote:
[b][color=darkblue]
It has been mentioned in the Everett Herald that the town of Snohomish is planning on installing a dock. Didn't see any evidence of new construction

If I remember correctly, the Everett Herald article indicated that if and when they install a dock, they will not keep it in the river year round but will remove it during times of flood water. Perhaps some of the "city fathers" observed the flotilla of C-Dorys yesterday and will expedite the process this spring.

Tom, (Starcraftom), I'm so glad that you were able to "catch up" with us on the cruise. Patty told us why she felt the two of you were late and her story differed significantly from the story you came up with about "having a dead battery". Knowing that you are a Marine, I know that you wouldn't speak anything but the truth, but Patty's story was much more "compelling".......(or should I say "erotic" Rolling Eyes ).....

It was great having BaseCampAnne show up at the launch and join us on the cruise. (If she had any doubts, she now knows what a fun loving group of folks the brats are!) She'll very soon be in command of her own 22' Cruiser! (Keep us posted Anne).

Thank you to all of you for joining in on the cruise, it was truly great to see all of you.

(To the six of you that attended the South Pacific Performance on Saturday night, thank you. It was great to see you there. After school today Jessica will undergo another transformation and no longer be a blonde).

C-Brat #16
Alyssa Jean

City/Region: Guemes Is.(Anacortes)
C-Dory Model: 16 Angler
Vessel Name: Alyssa Jean
Photos: Anna Leigh and Alyssa Jean
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone who took pictures of Alyssa Jean please email them to me. I don't have any of her in the water.

OR WE COULD ASK FOR AN ALBUM FOR THE CRUISE AND i COULD GET THEM FROM THERE. HINT HINT

Alyssa Jean 16 Angler
Anna Leigh 22 Cruiser Sold 2005
Anna Leigh 25 Cruiser Sold 2014

K7KJR C-Brats #51
Grumpy

City/Region: Whidbey Is
Vessel Name: Kingfisher II
Photos: Kingfisher
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

David,
we have some but you will have to promise to turn a wooden hub of a different size (Btw the Rhody one will not be sold..) or we make you wait until we have an album Twisted Evil

Merv
Alyssa Jean

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Merv, I'll have to check out the helm on the replacement boat and see how to do one.
Grumpy

City/Region: Whidbey Is
Vessel Name: Kingfisher II
Photos: Kingfisher
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

David,

Deal. They are in the Kingfisher album.

Merv

Last edited by Grumpy on Mon Nov 19, 2007 2:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
starcrafttom

City/Region: marysville
C-Dory Year: 1984
C-Dory Model: 27 Cruiser
Vessel Name: to be decided later
Photos: Susan E
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a great weekend, first dinner at my place with 8 cbrats. I love to cook for people and no one died this time. Then a great show with daves kid stilling the show. We also really liked the kid that played billy, he is a really good actor.

Sunday, despite battery trouble and a frodian slip, we made it to the ramp a little late but was able to catch up with the pack. No wake if you are going fast enough Wink and I could dave giving the tour on the vhf so I knew where the group was. I realy liked that we got to snohomish before the tide started to fall. I was able to motor up river to crab bar, which is a local beach launch for jet boats. Thats the highest in this river a cdory 22 will get with out buying new props. I just wanted to see the look on those jet boat guys when I did a u turn.

now for that battery I want to put a on board charger in the boat. What i cant decide is where to put the charger. I want to park the boat in the yard and plug in the charger. So some where in the cockpit would be idea but i dont want to have the plug expossed to the elements and salt. so my question is how have others done this and what are my options. can I go with shore power and a charger? do they make combo units? all the shore power pulls I have seen are not going to plug into the house, right? can I have and do they make a power cord that will go from the house to the boat?

last buy not lest patty lies!!! its all lies!! and susan in limited to one glass of wine when we have guest. Cocktail

Alyssa Jean

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
last buy not lest patty lies!!! its all lies!! and susan in limited to one glass of wine when we have guest.

Yea, right Tom. I have to admit I have never seen afterglow on a guys face that late in the morning.
Jazzmanic

City/Region: Seattle
Photos: C-Dancer
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a great cruise, sorry we missed this one.

Hey Tom, I'm going to do a "shore power" install soon. Look at Sneaks album for ideas. I'm going to do ours just like Don did on Sneaks. I just purchased a Guest battery charger on Ebay.

Peter
tom&shan

Photos: Dakota
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 3:54 pm    Post subject: Thanks ! Reply with quote

Dave and Fellow C-Brats ,

Had a nice time - sorry my "social" half couldn't make it, but it was good experience for me going solo in the boat. I left the convoy after we came back down from the estuary - wanted to get out and fish a bit in the sound. Joe - thanks for helping me tie up at the dock - almost made a grand entrance by falling on my &^$& when I jumped onto the dock, somehow I stayed on my feet. Always nervous about docking - I usually make Shan do it. Thats why I was waiting out in the river for everyone.

I'll have to admit, as the one boat on the cruise without heat - my feet are still numb.

Anyhow - thanks for the invite.

Cheers,
Tom
starcrafttom

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom I feel your feets pain. We did not have the heater one until half way thru the cruise. it was colder in the cabin then out. Did you get any fish.

Peter, I will look at that album and if you want help putting that in I can pratice... help on your boat.

yes dave I am ignoreing you Embarassed
by the way did you get all the way up to the trucks?
dotnmarty

City/Region: Sammamish
C-Dory Year: 1993
Vessel Name: LIZZIE II
Photos: Lizzie
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 8:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Thanks ! Reply with quote

tom&shan wrote:

I'll have to admit, as the one boat on the cruise without heat - my feet are still numb.

Tom- Consider a Mr. Buddy Heater propane ceramic heater. All three 16 footers used them and we were toasty.

They are about $60 at GI Joe's

"...we're all in the same boat..."
Alyssa Jean

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had to leave both windows partially open to keep from being toooo warm. The picture shows me out cooling off a little.
johnf

City/Region: Tigard, OR
State or Province: OR
Photos: Boat Name TBD II (johnf)
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Gang!!!

Crazy Frazey coming at you live!!! Didn't make it in person but was thinking about you all this weekend.

A friend and I left Portland at 8:00 am and arrived at Olympia to check out a launch spot then later we hit two spots in Tacoma then Seattle and ended at Anacortes for Saturday night.

On Sunday 8:00 am we boarded the ferry to Guemes to drive around the island and was able to wave at David as he was in line to leave the island for the trip. We later checked out both marinas in Anacortes and then the park at the end (really liked that one).

We later headed to Bellingham for the afternoon and then back home to Portland that evening home around 6:30 pm.

Sure was nice weather and wish we were out on the water...pure glass at Anacortes.

Hope everyone had fun and look forward to making the next gathering!

Happy Thanksgiving to all.

John

starcrafttom

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dammit john you should have called , i cooked more then enough on saturday night and you two should have stopped for diner. You are not allowed to drive thru marysville with out stopping ever again, got it?
Hell I cooked so much that I have four large cantainers of spegitte left over. I will be eating it for a month.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: