The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

Winterizing honda 135

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Outboards and Systems
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mccml

City/Region: Montoursville, PA
State or Province: PA
C-Dory Year: 2004
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Crystal Sea
Photos: Crystal C
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 9:25 pm    Post subject: Winterizing honda 135 Reply with quote

This is my first winter with my CD25 and I was wondering if most people change the oil at the end of the season and then after 6 months when they are getting ready to put it back in the water do you change the oil again before you run it? Or should I let it go for the winter and just change it in the spring before I start running it again? Any thoughts or advice?

Mark and Carol
(Crystal Sea)
tsturm

City/Region: Soldotna
State or Province: AK
C-Dory Year: 2003
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: JMR TOO
Photos: JMR-TOO
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 9:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Winterizing honda 135 Reply with quote

mccml wrote:
This is my first winter with my CD25 and I was wondering if most people change the oil at the end of the season and then after 6 months when they are getting ready to put it back in the water do you change the oil again before you run it? Or should I let it go for the winter and just change it in the spring before I start running it again? Any thoughts or advice?

Chang Engine Oil, Lower Unit gear oil, add Fuel stabilizer and if you want to get real fancy pull the plugs & squirt a little ATF in each hole, replace the plugs. When Spring comes hook up the muffs & run it until
the smoke stops. Good for another 100 hrs. Mr. Green Beer
hardee

City/Region: Sequim
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Sleepy-C
Photos: SleepyC
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 2:18 am    Post subject: Winterizing Reply with quote

tsturm wrote:
Quote:
Chang Engine Oil, Lower Unit gear oil, add Fuel stabilizer and

Since I'm not a mechanic, and my OB's are still under warranty (twin Yamaha 40's) I take them back to the Yami dealer. His advice is to: Chang Engine Oil, Lower Unit gear oil, add Fuel stabilizer, run it through the system and Fog the cylinders. If you want to replace the plugs, do that at the beginning of the season. Then save them and use them just for winterizing again. If you are fogging an EFI engine, do not do it through the air intakes. It will ruin the air/oxygen sensors. Instead pull the plugs and spray each cylinder individually. They also change out the fuel filters, and air filters if needed.
Harvey
SleepyC Moon

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Outboards and Systems All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: