The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

cd 16 cruiser kicker and bracket

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Outboards and Systems
View previous topic :: View next topic  

City/Region: san francisco
State or Province: CA
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 7:25 pm    Post subject: cd 16 cruiser kicker and bracket Reply with quote

Im getting a 16 cruiser soon. Im trying to get it completed real soon. I want a 5hp kicker. Do I need to get the long shaft? Do I need a bracket?, if yes what is the benefit? Thanks to all of you for all your responses to my many other newbie questions. Geoff
dotnmarty

City/Region: Sammamish
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 1993
C-Dory Model: 16 Angler
Vessel Name: LIZZIE II
Photos: Lizzie
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geoff- I have a 5hp kicker. I'm not sure if it is a long or short shaft. http://www.c-brats.com/modules.php?set_albumName=Lizzie&id=kicker_002&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_photo.php
I do not have a bracket, and one is not really necessary. However, I may put one on this winter because, without it, a couple inches of the skeg does drag in the water. Based on advice I got here when I had trouble starting the kicker, I run it almost every time I go out, at least once a week. It now starts up on the first pull. An unexpected pleasure is how much I enjoy sitting on the stern, leaning back on the raised main engine, and toodling along at 5 mph. Finally, the thing uses no gas! How does that happen? Cool

"...we're all in the same boat..."
tsturm

City/Region: Soldotna
State or Province: AK
C-Dory Year: 2003
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: JMR TOO
Photos: JMR-TOO
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 1:57 pm    Post subject: Re: cd 16 cruiser kicker and bracket Reply with quote

newbie wrote:
Im getting a 16 cruiser soon. Im trying to get it completed real soon. I want a 5hp kicker. Do I need to get the long shaft? Do I need a bracket?, if yes what is the benefit? Thanks to all of you for all your responses to my many other newbie questions. Geoff

If you go with the long shaft now you won't have to upgrade kickers when you go to a C-D 22 or 25. You know its Going to happen! Mr. Green Beer
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Outboards and Systems All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: