The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

King Marine Canvas

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Cockpit and Accessories
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Levity

City/Region: Shippensburg
State or Province: PA
C-Dory Year: 2003
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Levity
Photos: Levity
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 11:18 pm    Post subject: King Marine Canvas Reply with quote

Hello Folks,
Levity was ordered with a canvas camper back from the dealer. The camper back and the main stainless support frame arrived a few weeks after the boat was delivered. The dealer had never put a camper back on and suggested I have it done at a local canvas installer. My local canvas installer could not get or did not want to get stainless parts. He had aluminum or plastic. He was also unsure how to proceed with the installation. I placed a call to King Marine and spoke directly to Dave, the installer and proprietor. Dave explained the installation in detail complete with exact measurements and procedures. He also offered to send a package including all the stainless parts needed, the tubing for the rear supports and a small quantity of snaps. Dave quickly gathered the items, packaged and sent them UPS 2nd day. In two days the tubing arrived but no other stainless parts. It seems the second package broke open in transit and the contents lost. Dave, knowing the routine now, gathered all the necessary stainless parts and sent them again. This time all arrived as securely as a C-Dory to home port. Dave had no obligation to sent me the parts in the first place and only did so to help a guy out. Then Dave had to duplicate the favor and surely take a loss on the parts and shipping as UPS is not always easy to collect from. Many thanks to Dave and King Marine for helping a guy out and not quitting until the job was done.

Levity's Michael Thumbs Up
Luna C

City/Region: Lake Goodwin/Center Island
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2019
C-Dory Model: 255 Tomcat
Vessel Name: Panthera
Photos: Luna C
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems like it will be a small loss when your story is read by others looking for a boat canvas dealer. To me, it is the best kind of advertising - kinda like C-Dory! I have not yet ordered my canvas for my SOON to be delivered CD22. I wanted to browse the other boats at Lopez. Score one for KING in advance!
Catman

City/Region: Seattle
C-Dory Year: 2017
C-Dory Model: 23 Venture
Vessel Name: Songbird (Bambina, 16')
Photos: Bambina
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, Dave's first rate. He takes fussy types like me in stride, and never makes customers feel inferior or uninformed. Like Les. Dave listened carefully to what I wanted, and offered suggestions and his experience to influence my choices. I always feel Bambina's in good hands at King Marine.

Dave's got my vote.
eieioh

City/Region: Gig Harbor
C-Dory Model: 16 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Brave Heart
Photos: Brave Heart
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 11:03 pm    Post subject: King Marine Reply with quote

We needed some adjustments to our canvas and Dave saved us a drive from Gig Harbor to his shop in Seattle. He met us halfway and did the work in the Costco parking lot at Federal Way. Dave is a good guy.
Chuck S

City/Region: Cleveland
State or Province: OH
C-Dory Model: 16 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Amelia Anne
Photos: Amelia Anne
PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the factory canvas bulkhead. Not sure who made it, I've not seen a tag on it. Fits well. Full mooring cover was made locally to order.

-- Chuck
DaveS

City/Region: Arlington
C-Dory Year: 2004
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Sea Shift
Photos: Sea Shift
PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chuck S wrote:
I have the factory canvas bulkhead. Not sure who made it,

-- Chuck

My guess would be that it is product of King Marine.

C-Brat #16
C-Sick

City/Region: Renton
C-Dory Year: 2008
C-Dory Model: R-25 Tug
Vessel Name: Gratitude
Photos: C-Sick
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 3:00 am    Post subject: Radar Arch Reply with quote

Anybody have any idea what kind of costs I am facing to 1.) Have my King Canvas altered to accomodate my new tall radar arch and furno 1623 dome. 2.) To add a zipper to where the camper back attaches to the cockpit.

Kaaaa Chink Kaaa Chink is a constant sound as I try to get the boat set up the way I want it. Ouch

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Cockpit and Accessories All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: