The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

Trim Tabs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Trims Tabs, Hydrofoils
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bshillam

City/Region: Bellingham
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 1981
Vessel Name: Heaven To Me
Photos: My Heaven
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 11:25 am    Post subject: Trim Tabs Reply with quote

Question brats - My first outing I discovered that the factory trim tabs might be reversed. When pressing the port side button it affects the starboard side tab and vs. Anyone else have this set up? I figured it was wired up wrong. But another brat said it could have been done intentionally. Comments?
tsturm

City/Region: Soldotna
State or Province: AK
C-Dory Year: 2003
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: JMR TOO
Photos: JMR-TOO
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 11:31 am    Post subject: Re: Trim Tabs Reply with quote

bshillam wrote:
Question brats - My first outing I discovered that the factory trim tabs might be reversed. When pressing the port side button it affects the starboard side tab and vs. Anyone else have this set up? I figured it was wired up wrong. But another brat said it could have been done intentionally. Comments?

That is the way they are supposed to work Mr. Green Beer
Captains Cat

City/Region: Cod Creek>Potomac River>Chesapeake Bay
State or Province: VA
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Captain's Choice II
Photos: Captain's Cat
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Bshillam, if you stand on your head on the helm seat facing the stern, reach behind you and use the buttons, they'll work the way some peoples think they should. Shocked

Of course, it's hard to stay in that position very long... Crook

Charlie

CHARLIE and PENNY CBRAT #100
Captain's Cat II 2005 22 Cruiser
Thataway (2006 TC255 - Sold Aug 2013)
Captain's Cat (2006 TC255 - Sold January 2012)
Captain's Kitten (1995 CD 16 Angler- Sold June 2010)
Captain's Choice (1994 CD 22 Cruiser- Sold Jun 2007)
Potomac River/Chesapeake Bay
K4KBA
SGIRhino
Dealer

City/Region: Eastpoint
State or Province: FL
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 11:55 am    Post subject: Trim Tabs Reply with quote

Take a look at the switch itself. The top of the button says "Bow Down", not the bottom.

Physics and "Aqua-Dynamics" require that in order for the bow to go down on the starboard side, the stern must come UP on the port side, (and vise-versa). This is why the port switch operates the starboard tab and the starboard switch operates the port tab. Imagine the switch on a flat (horizontal) surface instead of a vertical one and the switch makes better sense.

Congratulations on your new boat! Don't forget that you're invited to join us in Apalachicola for the 2nd Annual Southeast Gathering the weekend of the 19th. Check out "Event Signups"...it's going to be a great weekend!

Charlie Holtom,
Wefing's Marine, Inc.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Trims Tabs, Hydrofoils All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: