The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

Honda with EFI

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Outboards and Systems
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Simplicity

City/Region: Chipley
State or Province: FL
C-Dory Year: 2006
C-Dory Model: 23 Venture
Vessel Name: Simplicity
Photos: Simplicity
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 8:28 pm    Post subject: Honda with EFI Reply with quote

We may not be using the boat for a month or more.I know that can create problems in an outboard with carbs. Does EFI eliminate potential problems?We do put stabil in the tank.
Alasgun

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 12:03 am    Post subject: Honda with EFI Reply with quote

Dont take my humor wrong, but I find it funny that someone from Florida is concerned about not using the boat for a month or more.

After adding Stabil and topping off our tank we tarp the boat which set's outside for 8 full months before being unwrapped and expected to run. Some of our winter temps will dip into the minus double digit range and sometimes hover there for weeks on end.

In the spring we put the batteries back in and hit the switch, and to date have not been dissapointed. I think the key is a good fuel stabilizer along with a full tank. We are running a Honda 150 (EFI)

P.S I grew up in Miami and moved from there in the 60's.

Mike CoolSmile (from Alaska)
gljjr

City/Region: Fall City
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 1982
C-Dory Model: 27 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Migratory Dory
Photos: gljjr
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would guess it'll probably be OK if you put some fuel stabilizer in before leaving it.

On the other hand, I Never use fuel stabilizer on my sled and often leave it for a couple months between uses. The old Chev 350 always fires up and runs fine Smile The kicker on the other hand always needs to have the jets cleaned out. Every time. With Stabil or not! Go figure. At least it only takes 20 minutes to clean out the jets on the kicker! I've even done it on the river while out fishing.

Simplicity

City/Region: Chipley
State or Province: FL
C-Dory Year: 2006
C-Dory Model: 23 Venture
Vessel Name: Simplicity
Photos: Simplicity
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info.We recently finished a 5 week cruise in Canada(Rideau& thousand islands) The reason we 're not using it for a while is that I'm in the process of retiring & moving so we won't have much free time for a month or so.We hope to get up your way some day although the waters up there are somewhat intimidating to me.Do most boats have radar?
Alasgun

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 5:02 pm    Post subject: Honda with EFI Reply with quote

A lot of boats (not all) run radar up here but of greater importance is choosing your day. Like anywhere else, weather is the consideration, allow plenty of time and you would do fine.

The radar is important to us while trying to move in the fog and for no other reason. In fact I go no faster with it than if I didn't have it, just more relaxed!

Mike
nomadcruiser53

City/Region: Whitecourt
State or Province: AB
C-Dory Year: 2001
Vessel Name: Atlas Acadia 25
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 7:09 pm    Post subject: efi Reply with quote

Might be apples and oranges, but I put my motorcycle up for 6 months a year with a full tank and a conditioner. It's EFI and winters over very well every year.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Outboards and Systems All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: