The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

Wash down pump wiring CD 25

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Cockpit and Accessories
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thataway

City/Region: Pensacola
State or Province: FL
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: thataway
Photos: Thataway
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 10:18 pm    Post subject: Wash down pump wiring CD 25 Reply with quote

In finishing up the "projects" on the CD 25, I find that there is no power to the switch of the Wash down pump. The wiring code is the same as the fresh water pump-- (green white stripe)--but turning on the fresh water pump still does not give power to the washdown pump. All fuses are OK--and I don't think I missed anything when I re-wired the pannels. I am suspicious that there is a connection with the power to the fresh water pump which is probably bad.k (This is where it would be really nice to have a circuit diagram--incidently my manual for the 25--has the pages for the CD 22 (by name) water system in it. Manual foot pump, 20 gallon tank under the aft dinette seat and all! )

Any thoughts out there in C Dory land, as to the circuit for the raw water wash down pump--also has anyone found a source for the switch. Or at least the switch cover (the switch works OK--but the cover is badly detiorrated from sunlight. I was suprised that the switch just pulled out of the plate--

Thanks in advance.

Thisaway 2006 22' CDory November 2011 to May 2018
Caracal 18 140 Suzuki 2007 to present
Thataway TomCat 255 150 Suzukis June 2006 thru August 2011
C Pelican; 1992, 22 Cruiser, 2002 thru 2006
Frequent Sea; 2003 C D 25, 2007 thru 2009
KA6PKB
Home port: Pensacola FL
Alasgun

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 12:27 am    Post subject: Wash down pump wiring Reply with quote

I think my wiring diagram is newer than the one you mention, if you want a copy just give me a mail to address.
Our boats are of similar vintage, I'd be happy to look er up for you too.
After much squeaking I got a wiring diagram and in comparing it to my boat, it looks close. Probably closer than a 22!
Mike
thataway

City/Region: Pensacola
State or Province: FL
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: thataway
Photos: Thataway
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Several members have stepped up the the plate and given me information thru the evening--and I thank those!

Here is the deal: The wash down pump is fused off the main block directly, with a green wire/puple/mauve stripe. This wire goes directly to a butt connector year the wash down pump. I found that this connector, burried under the pump, where it sat in water, was corroded and had completely corroded thru. The circuit then becomes a green wire, with white stripe (same as the pressure water pump) and goes up to the switch on the outside of the aft cabin bulkhead by the connector. There is also a ground at this switch (not sure why, except there may be a light or LED in the switch-the plastic cover is so detiorrated I cannot see inside). Then back to the pressure switch on the pump.

This was somewhat complicated by the fact that the ground system was also defective--and this was related to an improper butt connector (should have been a reducer type from #10/12 to #14/16.)

In my case, I reconnected the pump, turned on the switch and the fuse blew. I took the pump out, and it was frozen (same fate as several other pumps on the boat). Fortunately I have a slightly smaller pump which is otherwise identical in my "junk" box, and can use this to replace the washdown pump--saving $200.

I wonder if we can make an on line wiring diagram for all of these boats as we ferret out the various circuits? (or from information provided by the factory.

Again thanks to the folks who helped me find the problem!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Cockpit and Accessories All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: