The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

All C-dory's All the time

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> All C-Dorys, All The Time
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alasgun

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 12:26 am    Post subject: All C-dory's All the time Reply with quote

That pretty well sums it up for me. But I know this opinion will twist some cranks. We let the tug guys in and presto, no more affiliation with c-dory. Now we got the Rosebug ting going! Yea there are lot's of neat boats out there, but do we really need something else to crowd the boards?
I kind of like our exclusiveness.
Am I crotchety, you bet, is my opinion worth anything, not really, I just tire sometimes of all the non this or that I see gaining prevalence.
Go ahead guy's let me have it.
Mike Rose
starcrafttom

City/Region: marysville
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 1984
C-Dory Model: 27 Cruiser
Vessel Name: to be decided later
Photos: Susan E
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should not be here> but as long as I am here goes. We went thru all this with the cape cruiser thing and I for one was willing to have them here with their own form. Others disagreed and I lost that one, well really we all lost. Now you make a good point about the tug. Great looking boat but now no longer a c-dory product, even in name only. Not even really in the same class as far as type of boat. To slow and more fit and finish then any c-dory, last home of the Spartan. But hey we know a lot of these guys and girls and can’t stand to see them go. Then there’s pat, we all love pat and hope him well with the new boat, which I have not seen yet. (You got to drive right by here on the way out pat) but it’s not even a c-dory in name only. No flat bottom, well not as flat, and not even a dory. It’s a lobster boat thingy. There was a lot of bull against the CC but at least it was a dory, not a tug or a lobster boat. It looked a lot like a dory and even lead the way for some improvements for the c-dory (glass door and flat deck that drains) but I was told it was all about brand loyalty, and about the boats not the people. Well looks to me likes it’s about the people after all, and I hope it always stays that way. So what will happen to all the current Cape Cruiser owners when c-dory starts to produce them, they own the molds. Will we only let the new owners in or all the owners? I am for all the owners and tug guy and even that traitor pat Wink with his open air fly bridge. Guess what I am saying is it’s about the people and the type of boating that attracts them. I will not being taking questions because I am a brat and why bother on this one, also mike if you’re out there I did not start it ......this time.
Da Nag

City/Region: Port Angeles
C-Dory Year: 2008
C-Dory Model: 16 Angler
Vessel Name: Taco
Photos: <a>Da Boats</a>
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't speak for Mike, but I prefer to treat this situation as I always do. That is, by making arbitrary suggestions and rules, as the mood strikes me.

Right now, I'm OK with things. But who knows - tomorrow I may ban Byrdman, just for kicks. Then I'll hoist a couple cold ones while he sizzles a bit, only to let the good ol' boy back in after a few hours so I can watch him rant a little.

Oh, and Tom...one more CC post out of you, and I'll toss your ass on the bench with him. And even though Alasgun started this "thread to nowhere", I'm leaving him alone. I can't in good conscience, reprimand somebody with better looking guns than me.

Razz

oldgrowth

City/Region: Rochester
C-Dory Year: 2002
C-Dory Model: 16 Cruiser
Vessel Name: C-Voyager
Photos: C-Voyager
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike, you make a good point but Pat is still a Brat and he still has a C-Dory. He also has another kind of boat just like many other members here. Pat is not the one that has been posting about the Roseburg 245, it has been the other members, but I hope he does tell us about it.

I have gotten to know some of the Ranger Tug owners and really enjoy their contributions to this site and their company at the gatherings. I would hate to see them go but at the same time, I would hate to see this turned into a general boating community. So I will put my trust in Mike and Bill to make the decisions on who and what boats will be allowed here.

I never had a problem with the Cape Cruiser or the people with them joining the C-Brat community. It was with . . .

________
Dave
rogerbum

City/Region: Kenmore
C-Dory Model: 255 Tomcat
Vessel Name: Meant to be
Photos: SeaDNA
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While this site is about boats, it's not really about boats - it's about people who talk about boats (most of which are C-Dorys). Dave makes the correct point - the previous "CC problem" wasn't so much about CC as it was about a particular troll who seemed to want to poke fingers in everyone's eyes (it's about the people not the boats). We've often had discussions about all sorts of other brands of boats. Everyone's generally polite about them and they peter out over time.
flagold

City/Region: Abbeville
State or Province: AL
C-Dory Year: 2003
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: C-Dawg-E
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
wasn't so much about CC as it was about a particular troll who seemed to want to poke fingers in everyone's eyes

Exactly. He even stated he was here to do as much.

Byrdman

City/Region: Cumberland River, Clarksville,
Vessel Name: " ? " After Rename Ceremony
Photos: FreeByrd and C-Byrd
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny we should bring up Alaska and guns. On the way to the marina for me and about 7 other C-Brats to get on my non-C Dory Mr. Green , who mostly own C-Dory boats Thumbs Up , I was stopped for speeding. Yes, I have been excited and simply told the officer I had no idea how fast I was going.. He said 54 in a 40. .... and sounds about right for how I drive thru that area of the farms here... He also asked about my Alaska tags, my 3 C-Dory boat registration from Alabama, drivers license from TN, passenger from NY...and my retired military ID...which actually saved my tail...and wallet. You see, the current Alaska registration was under the back seat, beside the Mosburge fully loaded, beside the bottle of single barrell Jack Daniels for my guest who joined me on the boat....which had been opened, and the cork top just pushed in. He must of loved boats too...cause when he asked just what got me to "his" county... I simply said I am here to get a boat. Told me to have a nice day.....spend my money on boats, and slow down while in his county. The day did nothing but get better from there...on my boat of course.

Thanks to the 10 folks who were able to join me, sorry Joan had Jim doing laundry and grocery shopping Thumbs Up but was not able to join us. The time was large, and would not have been possible without all my C-Brat family.

Love ya all...and can't wait to share time some where on some waters with you all.

Byrdman

C-Byrd, CD18A, Hull #14 sold again.. May 2020
C-Byrd, CD18A, Hu #14 - Bought her again - May16
Aloysius, Sold to Brother Mike Mar16
Aloysius, Hull # 440 RF-246
C-Byrd, CD18A, Hull #14 Sold May09
TC24, Hull #51, Sold Feb06
CD16A, Sold Dec03
Never Deny Yourself The Pleasure of Helping Others.
starcrafttom

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

loaded shotgun??? and whiskey bottles??? :shock Embarrased : are you going boating or raiding???? Twisted Evil I won't even put on my range instructor hat and gig you for that one, you know better... besides I dont feel like dusting it off.
JamesTXSD

City/Region: from island boy to desert dweller
State or Province: AZ
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: "Wild Blue" (sold 9/14)
Photos: Wild Blue
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Da Nag wrote:
Can't speak for Mike, but I prefer to treat this situation as I always do. That is, by making arbitrary suggestions and rules, as the mood strikes me.

Razz

It's good to be the King. Twisted Evil

Yeah, I know - to the bench with me. Cool

Da Nag

City/Region: Port Angeles
C-Dory Model: 16 Angler
Vessel Name: Taco
Photos: <a>Da Boats</a>
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

C-Dorys are so yesterday.

From my recent Sitka trip, it became obvious we are completely out of touch. We need to accommodate more folks and boats like this.

Alasgun

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 2:11 pm    Post subject: All C-dory's All the time Reply with quote

Well this is a lot better than I expected. And from a decent crowd too. One more adder and I will leave it alone.
I'm relatively new here (bout 2 years) but one thing I have noticed that bothers me somewhat is our gradual shift toward a purely chat forum.
Yea I know " it's suppose to be about having fun" but any of you that have been here a while must notice this as well.
We still get intelligent, thought out input from folks like Joe (sea wolf) and Bob (thataway) and others as well, but look at the number of pure chatty post you see nowdays!
Yea I know, "you don't have to read them", and this is correct but they do end up in the library!
Now this is only my opinion folks so don't crucify me just because you know how I vote. I believe the art of hunkering is long lost in America. If a hunkerer has nothing to say, they just be quiet! Early on I saw more of this on our site. We are getting more and more like the "Hull Truth" site that for the most part is pure chat!
You say whats wrong with that, well visit one of these mega sites and you are smacked in the face by a lack of personableness. That is the part that bothers me.
In my opinion, owning a boat don't make you a C-dory person, wanting to own a boat don"t make you a C-dory person. Owning a C-dory makes you a c-dory person and I would be the first to admit ,Byrdman is a C-dory person. My rant is not directed at any person but rather the trend I see us following. By opening the gate and letting em all in we loose more than we gain.
This site is a unique place and great resource for all manner of boating enthusiast and I hope it continues that way.
I am fully aware of the "forces that protect us" and trust their decisions regarding our direction, I also commend them for their efforts.
This post is more about food for thought than anything else.
Mike
starcrafttom

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim- if your coming to the bench bring a bottle will you? and maybe some food, I could be here for a while. I did post the offending letters "cc" on another post but it will take da nag some time to find it.

Da nag- are you holding out on the ugly boat contest again?? I loved that one, but hey Iam just chatting away so I better get going Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> All C-Dorys, All The Time All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: