The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

Any remodeling on 25 Ranger?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> All Rangers, All The Time
View previous topic :: View next topic  
captd

City/Region: Chain of Lakes
State or Province: MT
C-Dory Year: 1994
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Kon Tiki
Photos: Hunky Dory
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 8:46 pm    Post subject: Any remodeling on 25 Ranger? Reply with quote

I just put some storage in the cave. Put in a new helm seat. Put up my weather station. ( might move it to the front.) Rod and reel holders on the over head. Posted some Pictures in "My Albums"
captd

2007 25 R Ranger (Mis Dee) sold 2008
2009 25 R Ranger (Lucky Fin) sold
1994 22 ft C-Dory ( Kon Tiki )
jlgray

City/Region: Marysville
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: R-25 Tug
Vessel Name: Laurie Ann
Photos: Laurie Ann
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 12:49 am    Post subject: Our Additions & Changes & Ideas Reply with quote

We have had the "Laurie Ann" since July and this is what we have done so far:

1. Removed the cockpit cushion and added a fold out table top to the bait-well lid. We love it for wine and cheese and sunset.
2. Added stainless tie downs for one-inch straps in the cockpit. We use on set to hold the folding chairs. Another set holds the bike rack.
3. Lined the port storage space in the cockpit with 3/8 starboard to protect the charger, wires and busses from damage
4. Adapted a car bike rack for use on the transom that ties to the cockpit rail
5. Built a removable outboard motor mount from starboard for the swim step
6. Removed the cushions in "the cave." Installed an over-the-counter three drawer storage unit, used over-the-counter storage boxes with lids that slide deep under the table (retrievable with short length of rope)
7. Moved the fuel tank for the Wallas stove from the starboard cockpit storage area to a cabinet under the stove. Better stove performance and more storage space. Modified cabinet space with starboard to protect tank and increase storage.
8. Added over-the-counter three drawer storage unit in cabinet under galley counter, raised with with starboard to make more storage
9. Trailer Harness storage in anchor well. Added three clips to hold wiring harness out of the rode and yet is reachable from the trailer
10. Vented the shower sump pump enclosure that solved a problem of slow drainage
11. Added teak partitions for bowls and plates to the galley shelf under the window.
12. Added velcro to the head door to keep in open when needed. Added velcro to the transom door to keep it open when needed.
13. Used a silver colored sharpie to lable all the fuses in the battery compartment.
14. Replaced the teak doors in the cockpit with starboard ones to reduce the maintenance.

We are looking for your accomplishments on your Ranger 25.

captd

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

John, you got to get the powers that be to set you up with a photo album. I would sure like to see those improvements. Post pictures of all of them. Mr. Green I will try to get more pics in mine.
captd ( Darrel)
Trinity

City/Region: Edmonds
Vessel Name: Trinity
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, you guys have done a lot! We have had our R25 for two weeks. We also would love to see pictures.
Any recommendations on what to stain/finish the inside teak with? A winter project........

Nancy

Captains Cat

City/Region: Cod Creek>Potomac River>Chesapeake Bay
State or Province: VA
C-Dory Year: 2005
Vessel Name: Captain's Choice II
Photos: Captain's Cat
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nancy, you gots to read ALL of the new posts! Laughing

Teak Finishing? Check this out...

http://www.c-brats.com/viewtopic.php?t=5837

Charlie

CHARLIE and PENNY CBRAT #100
Captain's Cat II 2005 22 Cruiser
Thataway (2006 TC255 - Sold Aug 2013)
Captain's Cat (2006 TC255 - Sold January 2012)
Captain's Kitten (1995 CD 16 Angler- Sold June 2010)
Captain's Choice (1994 CD 22 Cruiser- Sold Jun 2007)
Potomac River/Chesapeake Bay
K4KBA
jlgray

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 12:58 am    Post subject: Photo Gallery Please Reply with quote

I would love to post the photos of what we have done so far. So, I am asking for a gallery. Until then, lets keep talkin'
captd

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Posted a lot of the things I have done on the Mis Dee and will add some more in the next couple of days. ( In photo album)
Picked up the pudgy on wednesday. Orange was my only option, but I like it. Weaver davits are in the mail, sail kit will follow. Picked up a couple 100 lbs of lead shot to trim boat. Stopped at the ranger factory for a tour. Andrew is a great fellow who was needed by the Ranger team. Workmanship quality has improve a bunch. He assured me that hull number six will be taken care off which was built before he was in charge of quality control. Glad we stopped in. Took a few picture of under deck layouts. Still waiting for a detailed manual for the ranger. Guess they are working on it.
captd
jlgray

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 9:53 pm    Post subject: Photo Gallery of Modifications Reply with quote

I have uploaded photos of our major modifications. These are in C-Ranger photos/Laurie Ann/Modifications

We continue to do a number of little things like towel holders. Laurie has found some really cool towels that dry out very quickly in the sun. We have added lips to the shelves in the medicine cabinet and galley shelves. We also added a stand alone depth sounder in the event the C-80 fails, a tank level sensor for both the holding and water tanks, and added support to the dining table because it wobbles just a bit when it is leaned on a bit to heavily. I have not added photos of these but I will if needed.

We put the GPS antennae on top of the "smoke stack" because we did not opt for the "tower." Soon we are adding our own sport rack and a cockpit canopy (rather than the bimini style).

Love your ideas, keep them coming!
Trinity

City/Region: Edmonds
Vessel Name: Trinity
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for posting the pictures. Great to see what other people have done. Can't wait until next spring so we can see the tugs out on the water in the PNW and take a look at the modifications in person.... Our project for this winter - teak...........
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> All Rangers, All The Time All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: