The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

09/21 - 09/23 - North Carolina C-Dory Gathering
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dragonfly

City/Region: Cameron
State or Province: NC
C-Dory Year: 1995
C-Dory Model: 16 Angler
Vessel Name: FireFly
Photos: Dragonfly
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 11:22 am    Post subject: 09/21 - 09/23 - North Carolina C-Dory Gathering
From 21 Sep 2007 to 23 Sep 2007 (included)

Hi,
The North Carolina C-Dory dealer Mobile East Marine wants to have a Gathering Sept 21-23. It will be at Whittaker Point Marina. We plan to have a Pot Luck Friday night kinda Meet and Greet kinda thing. Then Saturday a GPS treasure hunt . Saturday night Mobile East Marine will put on a feast for us. Maybe we can get some local entainment as well. Plans are still in the works. Sunday most of us will be heading home. Hope everyone can come. We really look forward to seeing you all there ! Thanks..Tracy & Larry Munson "Dragonfly"

Added to Calendar
Signup list made

Jeff Brigner

State or Province: TN
C-Dory Year: 2006
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: C-Pearl
Photos: C-Pearl
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 1:52 pm    Post subject: NC gathering Reply with quote

hmmmm
Idea A trailerable boat, a gathering less than a 1k miles away, free food and the Clock is right. Thumbs Up
marvin4239

City/Region: Jacksonville Florida/Wilmington NC
State or Province: FL
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: C-FLE II
Photos: C-FLE II
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For anyone interested in old wooden boats there's a Wooden Boat Festival a little south starting the 28th in Wilmington at the Cape Fear Community College. Lots of restored Simmons Sea Skiffs will be featured. For someone trailering to the event this might be and interesting stop on the way home. Unfortunately it isn't on the water but about a mile from downtown Wilmington. Goggle Simmons Sea Skiff for more information.
Dragonfly

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 9:02 am    Post subject: Simmons Sea Skiff.. Reply with quote

/
http://www.simmonsseaskiff.com
This is the site for the Simmons sea skiff
Sounds like a good trip to me ! You can see more boats this way if you come to the C-Dory Gathering then go see the Skiffs on your way home ! Plus we'd love to see everyone come. Did I tell you that C-Dory is supplying some of the prizes that will be given away ? I know they have a C-Dory Jacket to hand out to some lucky winner.. .
Pandy Girl

City/Region: Westfield, NC
Vessel Name: Pandy Girl
Photos: Pandy Girl
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Larry,
We will try to come to this, it sounds good. I have a friend that lives in Bayboro he says there is a lot of water down there to cruise in.
We have a trip planed (sorry to say without Pandygirl) to Nova Scotia we going to try to leave a week earlier than plained to be back for this.
Keep us Posted on the Up-Dates
Jim & Sandy

Dragonfly

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 8:14 pm    Post subject: Sounds Great ! Reply with quote

Jim and Sandy we would enjoying meeting you down at Whittakers Point Marina ! Please do try to come and spread the word to anyone I haven't emailed yet . There are so many Brats it's hard to get the message out to everyone. Hope to see you soon , Thanks, Larry and Tracy "Dragonfly"
pcator

City/Region: Fletcher
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Donna Marie
Photos: Donna Marie
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We will be there. Looking forward to it.

Patrick & Donna
Steven Dore

City/Region: Ocean Marine - Portsmouth, VA
State or Province: VA
C-Dory Year: 2004
Vessel Name: Orca
Photos: Orca
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What city is closest to Whittaker Point Marina?

Steve
Dragonfly

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 4:55 pm    Post subject: Whittaker Point Marina Reply with quote

The closest town is Oriental. It's small but very nice ! After that the closest town is New Bern I think or Bayboro NC. Hope to see you there !
Tracy
Steven Dore

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tracy

Thanks for the feedback.

My wife and I cruised up the Chesapeake Bay to the Maryland gathering in June. The roundtrip was almost 400 miles, so Oriental seems reasonable.

I will put it on my calendar.

Steve
Dragonfly

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve we look forward to seeing you and your wife again ! Larry and I were at the Chesp. Bay gathering in June too. It was our second outting on the boat ! We are really excited to be getting together with other Dory owers again ! Can't wait to see who all turns up down here ! How long do you think it will take you all to get here ? Just curious about the time table. We took a short trip last weekend from Oriental to Swansboro NC. It didnt' take nearly as long as we thought it would. Mostly because we thought there would be alot more No Wake Zones.LOL Take care.. Tracy
Dragonfly

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 7:55 pm    Post subject: About NC Gathering.. Reply with quote

Hi all !
Ok I need to let you all have an update on the NC Gathering. It will be Sept 21-23 you can come sooner ( Larry and I will be there Thursday 20th) or stay longer. The slips are 25.00 per night. The name is Whittaker Point Marina, Oriental NC. (252-249-1750 ). You can Call Carrie at Mobile East Marine and she will make your reservations for you if you'd like( 252-745-5665 )
You can Google Earth the address and get directions. It's Whittaker Point Marina
5001 Maritime Dr.
Oriental NC 28571
We plan on making up T-shirts so anyone interested in that please let me know in advance . What size and how many.
We need RSVP for slips and food. So I need to know how many will be in your group and if you are bringing your boat or not. You don't have to have a boat to come either. Everyone is welcome to come join us !
More details to come as it gets closer to the gathering time. Please feel free to email me tcmunson@windstream.net or Carrie : mobileeastmarine@earthlink.net .
Thanks ! Tracy Munson
Steven Dore

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tracy

I keep my boat at Mile Marker 0 on the ICW. Oriental is Mile Marker 182. I will probably split the run into two days, with roughly 90 - 100 mile segments. My waterway guide shows a few locations on the Alligator River, so I will probably spend the night somewhere in that area.

I have been disappointed in the past by some of the marinas that I have selected based on these water way guides. I prefer to talk to people that have actually stayed in a marina; because they can tell you how friendly the staff is, how clean the restrooms are, and is there really a restaurant nearby (not 3 miles away).

Does anyone know of a good facility around mile marker 100 on the ICW?

Steve
Dragonfly

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:11 pm    Post subject: About where to stay.. Reply with quote

Hi Steve,
We just got our boat about 5 weeks ago so we don't know any good places to stay. Sorry I don't want to recommend some place without knowing about it myself. We stayed at a place I saw online that i thought was really good but turned out to be more for fisherman than travelers. We were waked all night long and got woke up at 4:30 am to hear fishing stories for an hour and a half before the finally left on their boat. They were in the slip beside us...it was a long night ! LOL Oriental is terrific ! I hear Whittaker Point is terrific from a good source ! Little Washington seems really nice too . Sorry I couldn't help you out more. See ya soon...Tracy & Larry
Steven Dore

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 12:51 pm    Post subject: Just a typo? Reply with quote

While the e-mails are showing the gathering to be in September, the Gatherings Calendar lists the dates as 8/21 -23. That would make the gathering in August.

Steve
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 1 of 11

Jump to: