The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

10/19 - 10/21 - Second Annual Gulf Coast Gathering
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
volsman

City/Region: Gulf Breeze
State or Province: FL
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Adventure
Photos: Adventure
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are planning to leaving Fort Walton Beach 8 am Wednesday, stop Panama City Marina that night. We will arrive 3 pm Thursday John's House or Friday afternoon if have weather problems. Trip planned at about 10kts. We will trailer the boat to Fort Walton Tuesday afternoon. Have Tide and doctor appointment problems in Gulf Breeze on Tuesday. Be glad to have anyone join us. Just let us know to look for you.
Capt. Jim

City/Region: Lafayette
State or Province: LA
C-Dory Year: 1998
C-Dory Model: 16 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Cajun Dory
Photos: Cajun Dory
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marc and all,
My daughter is expecting our second grandchild the week of October 22.
She is experiencing some dificulties and I think it is best that we remain
close by.
Sorry to miss the best C-Brat gathering EVER!

Wefings
Dealer

City/Region: Panhandle
Photos: Cruise Ship #4
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Capt Jim, I wish you the best for a trouble free grandchild delivery , and we will have a spot for here next time . Maybe we can hook up during boat show season in Biloxi , or on my yearly tuna pilgrimage to The Lump.
Marc

Wefings
Dealer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok it time for Marc's cellphone ; 850-653-5950 . Volsman , you are welcome at John's dock on Thurs. There is power and we will be there preparing for a great event . If anyone need to reach me for info feel free to call . The shop # is 850-670-8100
I will put a C Dory Banner on the Gazebo on the river so it will be obvious where we are going .
Marc
thataway

City/Region: Pensacola
Vessel Name: thataway
Photos: Thataway
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a heads up--there is significant red tide appearing around Pensacola and Fort Walton Beach--I don't have reports from other areas yet. It has appeared in an increased amount with fish kills in the last 24 hours. We don't have it in Perdido Bay yet (and hope we don't)--hope that Apalachicola escapes!

On edit: checked with the Fish and Wild life commission--the max red tide is in Bay County last week. It seems to be spreading this way--and two days ago no fish kills at Pensacola--today they are happening. No mention of the Apalachicola area being a problem.

Thisaway 2006 22' CDory November 2011 to May 2018
Caracal 18 140 Suzuki 2007 to present
Thataway TomCat 255 150 Suzukis June 2006 thru August 2011
C Pelican; 1992, 22 Cruiser, 2002 thru 2006
Frequent Sea; 2003 C D 25, 2007 thru 2009
KA6PKB
Home port: Pensacola FL
Wefings
Dealer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the report Bob , We have had hints of it here , but nothing even close to severe. Port St Joe had some . A nice north wind would be handy right about now.............
Marc
Wefings
Dealer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like east winds [good for us ] till at least Wed. Then chance of showers [also good for dilution and runnoff] Great temperatures as well !
Marc
Ashley Lynn

C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Ashley Lynn
Photos: Ashley Lynn
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nancy and I will be launching sometime Wednesday morning and heading over to the Panama City marina---then bumming around the area for the day.

Thursday heading over to the Water street marina for the night and then bumming/cruising around the area---St George, Dog Island----then on to John's Riverside retreat for Friday-Saturday-Sunday.

Looking forward to a few days of cruising, sightseeing, and relaxing.

Boating, where its ok to play with your dinghy!
Wefings
Dealer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Norwalk , I have a slip for you in the City Marina if you like . Give me a call if you want to use it .
Marc
Byrdman

City/Region: Cumberland River, Clarksville,
State or Province: WA
Vessel Name: " ? " After Rename Ceremony
Photos: FreeByrd and C-Byrd
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Going to pick up my boat after the intital break in service on the motors...and just might drop a Yamaha EF3000iSEB on the boat. It does weigh 151.8 lbs dry...so call it about 160 lbs. That may prevent the "kinda honest" folks from just walking by and picking up one or both of the 60 pound gens Angry ... or. have them moving slow enough some other actions can take place if they are still in range Mr. Green

It pretty much clons 30Amp shore power. Size is about right for a "box" of some type in the cockpit behind the bulkhead wall of the cabin. Shoot... I might just bring some 1/4" plywood and some structure lumber....and we have some building blocks time and see who can come up with the best box award!! Nothing like getting C-Brats on site feedback and gaining from all the "what if we did this" ideas.

Will drive down Thursday...and depending on when I really get out of Clarksville, either stay on the road somewhere enroute, or make it on down and launch. Time will tell.

Really looking forward to seeing my C-Brat friends!!!

Byrdman

C-Byrd, CD18A, Hull #14 sold again.. May 2020
C-Byrd, CD18A, Hu #14 - Bought her again - May16
Aloysius, Sold to Brother Mike Mar16
Aloysius, Hull # 440 RF-246
C-Byrd, CD18A, Hull #14 Sold May09
TC24, Hull #51, Sold Feb06
CD16A, Sold Dec03
Never Deny Yourself The Pleasure of Helping Others.
Sea Wolf

City/Region: Redding
State or Province: CA
C-Dory Year: 1987
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Sea Wolf
Photos: Sea Wolf
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pat-

Not sure how large (dimensions) that big genny will be, but if you remember we have discussed housing the generators in some ready-made box like one of the Rubbermaid Action Packers. They look great and eliminate the design/construcction problem for those of us who are not retired woodshop teachers!

If it's too big for one of those, Rubbermaid and others also make garden storage boxes that might be appropriate. Lots of folks here on Shasta Lake use them on their houseboats and on the dock as dock boxes. They're about 1/3 the cost of a dock box at a marine chandelery.

Keep your lifejacket on and your shotgun loaded!

Joe. Teeth

Rubbermaid Action Packer set up to hold generator on top when running and store it inside with gas cans, electrical cord, funnels, bungee cords, etc. See my album on page 6 for several more photos. Sea Wolf.

Sea Wolf, C-Brat #31
Lake Shasta, California

"Most of my money I spent on boats and women. The rest I squandered'. " -Annonymous
Papillon

City/Region: DeBary, Fl. *On the St. John's River*
C-Dory Year: 1993
C-Dory Model: 22 Angler
Vessel Name: Papillon
Photos: Papillon
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well...I think we have everything loaded. Only time will tell for sure. Jim (Duck) and I along with the ladies and dogs are heading out for points north at midnite. So Marc, you can expect us to arrive your area around daybreak and ready to pitch in and help you guys get ready for the weekend.

I will give you a hollar when we get settled in sometime around mid morning....lord willing and the creeks don't rise.

1993 Angler-02' 115 Suzuki 4 Stroke
Wefings
Dealer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Mike , Im working on the BBQ rub and sauce now.....We look forward to seeing you all . We may have a little stormy weather , so be careful .
Marc
Byrdman

City/Region: Cumberland River, Clarksville,
State or Province: WA
Vessel Name: " ? " After Rename Ceremony
Photos: FreeByrd and C-Byrd
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Joe! Thanks for the reminder on the box. Gotta go by Home Depot for a bit in the morning to let the Nashville gotta-go-to-work crowd clear the area... Got the gen "hog tied" now for transporting. I can always use a box or two in the garage. Great idea...again.

Got a call from smiling blue eyed Mrs. Brenda & Mr. Bill....on the Falcon. They have been blessed with much better travel weather this year, and are breaking in the new hotel and dock. Sweet place it sounds.

I plan to arrive in Eastpoint just prior to dark. Thursday..as to keep the bugs off my pretty just waxed boat. Yes, I am going to show up in a boat with wax on it, AND...my fenders all match, but not the ropes. Too good of a deal on close out brand ropes at the "local" Boaters World Clearance box...

Launch where ever Marc thinks best based on conditions at the time Friday morning..and start having fun, helping out if some things need done.

Now...I will stay out of Dr. Bob's way during his competition run with the F-16's also flying out of P-Cola....but, would kind of like some input on who may be doing, or interested in some "slower" cruising back west toward P-Cola after the gig breaks up Sunday morning??? I would. I do look forward to seeing you again this year Bob, and of course your Bride Marie.

Byrdman
thataway

City/Region: Pensacola
Vessel Name: thataway
Photos: Thataway
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We used the "Action packer" last year--but after using it on Powell, and Catalina, with the 1 KW Honda, we decided we wanted a more robust box. We found one at Wal Mart in Calif--and have a couple at home--they are about 50% bigger than the action packers--and are sturdy enough to sit on, climb on or put the inflatable on. Also more room, for the "Stuff" we found got wet in the "fish boxes".

We will be going fast both ways--mostly because of medical appointments for members of the family. But happy to share places to stop.

We had some moderate thunder storms today--but they were short and intense. If caught out--in some cases, it may be best to find shelter off the ICW or even anchor if visability is markedly reduced. The weekend looks to be perfect weather!

Looking foreward to seeing the "Gang" Friday AM.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

Jump to: