The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

06/19 - 06/20 - Potomac River Cruise
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Captains Cat

City/Region: Cod Creek>Potomac River>Chesapeake Bay
State or Province: VA
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Captain's Choice II
Photos: Captain's Cat
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2004 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Steve. Look forward to meeting you too. Browse through the photo albums, there's a wealth of info on there, lots of creative stuff. My boat is now 10 years old and good as new! I've only had it for a year or so.

charlie

CHARLIE and PENNY CBRAT #100
Captain's Cat II 2005 22 Cruiser
Thataway (2006 TC255 - Sold Aug 2013)
Captain's Cat (2006 TC255 - Sold January 2012)
Captain's Kitten (1995 CD 16 Angler- Sold June 2010)
Captain's Choice (1994 CD 22 Cruiser- Sold Jun 2007)
Potomac River/Chesapeake Bay
K4KBA
Captains Cat

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2004 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We now have 7 boats! As the cruise approaches, recommend you check weather here to see what the area is like.

http://www.ndbc.noaa.gov/data/Forecasts/FZUS51.KLWX.html

Charlie
B~C

City/Region: Bend
State or Province: OR
C-Dory Year: 1999
Vessel Name: Blue~C
Photos: Blue~C
PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2004 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

seven boats! those right coast boaters wont know what to think seeing all those C-Dorys in one spot. Next year you'll probably have 20. Sounds like a fun time brewing
jimandlaurie

City/Region: Puyallup
State or Province: WA
Photos: Laurna Jo
PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2004 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We think it is C-Brat-tastic that you fellow C-dory folks are showing the flag there!! As Ken said you may have 20 C-Dorys next year. Keep up the good cruising!!! Hot Very Happy

2004 C-Dory Skiff- Little Poit Dhubh
2005 C-Dory 25 Cruiser -sold 2103
2002- C-Dory 22 Cruiser- Sold 2005
Bearh

City/Region: Annapolis
State or Province: MD
Vessel Name: Snowdon
Photos: Snowdon
PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2004 9:53 pm    Post subject: Moderating is hard work. Reply with quote

I suspect that by June I will have all the pieces, and maybe will have my tanks acturally in the boat, connected to the various suckers and blowers that lead to my putt-putt, and will be feeling like a real cool dude. Jane and I look forward to meeting y'all. As a former grunt amongst the budding middies up here, I may have even learned some manners, and look forward to the ostentatious yachtiness that I am sure characterizes all C-Dory gatherings. I have, in anticipation of the event, scrooed an airhorn offa the old "United States" liner to the brow of 'Snowdon", so I can make proper signal with the flagship and all. (But now "Snowdon" does float a little bowheavy.) I can't wait till I get the refurbished Parrott gun mounted so we can really celebrate, as well as serve homeland security.
Howsat for moderating?
Captains Cat

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2004 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoa! No weapons allowed! Unless they're actually necessary, of course. Which they are almost always are.... Look forward to seeing Snowden, how about posting some pix? Hope to get Capt's Choice back in the water this weekend at Cod Creek. Need to make sure the engines run first... Smile

Cant wait to see your armament and meet both of you. Posted the cruise on the C-Dog site today, maybe we'll get some more, up to 7 now, numbers climbing. Bought a Raytheon Radar Display on ebay, need the radome/scanner now, maybe by June, maybe not...

charlie
PlanB

City/Region: Lake St. Louis, MO
C-Dory Year: 2002
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Plan B
Photos: Plan B (Duane and Joanne)
PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2004 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoa Bear,
Be easy on me, I only have a high school education! What is "ostentatious yachtiness", anyway? My goal has always been to eschew obfuscation. And why would you want to shoot a Parrott?
See ya'all soon,
Duane
El and Bill

City/Region: Lakewood, CO
State or Province: CO
C-Dory Year: 2000
Vessel Name: Halcyon
Photos: Halcyon
PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2004 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plan B --
Hey, you guys, have a great trip back there. What are your plans for the rest of the year? Going to hang out back east awhile?

PlanB

City/Region: Lake St. Louis, MO
C-Dory Year: 2002
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Plan B
Photos: Plan B (Duane and Joanne)
PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2004 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bill,
Say Hi to El for us.
Joane is in Philly now, for a baby shower for "Little Tony". Tony is due June 28, but nobody ever tells the kids. If things go right, we hope to do Put-In-Bay one more time on the 4th of July. They have the longest bar in the world there, and I am going to get to the end of it, if it kills me!
The next definite cruise location is Monterry Bay, in anticipation of yet another grand baby.
Indefinite plans: We hope to sell the house this year, and move to San Carlos, Mexico for the winter, and find a home base there. We are going to San Carlos for a few days in May to "check it out".
Hope our wakes cross, and soon,
Duane, Joane, Mini, and Tiny
Captains Cat

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Gals and Guys - Put Capt's Choice in the water at Cod Creek on Saturday, checked it out and put it at the dock. Went across the river (about 15NM) today for lunch to Horsehoe Bend in St. Mary's River. A beautiful sheltered cove, 16ft of water with a small city and a lovely view. Lots of good fishing on the way across, Rockfish season is open, will check about June.

Would be a great place for a one day trip out of Cod Creek during our cruise. Could either spend two nights in Cod Creek with a day trip to St Mary's or one night with an anchor out experience in St Marys the second night with those heading North continuing on from there.

Just something to think about, take a look at the charts! Great weekend, 90 degrees here today, bright sunshine, little wind, calm seas!
Captains Cat

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2004 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the fishing nuts on our cruise, here are the regulations on the Potomac for our period of time. Check it out here....

http://www.prfc.state.va.us/sports/sport_fishing_blue_sheet_2004.htm

I'm not a fisherperson but my bride would kill (me probably too) for a good piece of fish off the grill....

Charlie
Bearh

City/Region: Annapolis
Vessel Name: Snowdon
Photos: Snowdon
PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2004 8:54 pm    Post subject: Enjoy, Charlie. Reply with quote

Enjoy--St. Mary's City is a neat destination. I hope some or all of us will have time to meander a bit when we get together. There is just flat too much to enjoy in one bite, though.
And, again, in other news--
I now have all my parts. Snowdon is one step closer to bigger, better tanks, more room aft, and a captain who has gotten over his fear of drilling holes in the bottom of the boat.
Maybe this is not a good thing. Stay tuned. Crook
Bluecrab

City/Region: Chestertown, Maryland's Eastern Shore
C-Dory Year: 2004
Vessel Name: Lizzie Ann
Photos: Lizzie Ann
PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2004 9:08 pm    Post subject: drilling holes Reply with quote

I don't yet have the boat to drill holes into, but am counting the days...May 13 can't come soon enough.

We're also looking forward to the June 19 gathering, although it looks like a pretty long haul from way up here on the Chester River. I'll have to give this some thought. As the time draws near, I guess folks will begin to think about a rendez-vous time, etc.

John

Captains Cat

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2004 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John, go ahead and sign up!! You don't have to come South, the cruise will come North and join you!

Bearth, I can recall an early Sunday morning at the Ft Belvoir Marina when I was mounting the sliding Stainless Steel fixtures for the porta potty on my Venture 23 sloop when I drilled through what I thought was the inner liner for my boat and when I pulled the bit out, was greeted by a spout of water about 18" high.

Problem: Sunday morning, no one around, water coming into boat. Made like the Little Dutch Boy, put my finger over the hole. What to do next?

Put the bracket in place, put the screw in, and stopped the leak. When I hauled the boat next, had 3/4" stainless screw sticking out of the bottom, which I ground off with a wheel!!

Not a very Navy solution, nor one of which I am very proud of . It worked though, which was more important than anything at the time.

Charlie
Bluecrab

City/Region: Chestertown, Maryland's Eastern Shore
C-Dory Year: 2004
Vessel Name: Lizzie Ann
Photos: Lizzie Ann
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 9:47 am    Post subject: Potomac Reply with quote

Thanks Charlie, we're signed up and are looking forward to meeting all of you folks. A month with the new boat should be enough time to figure things out (like how the windows work!). The Potomac gathering will be a great shake-down cruise for us.

The geyser from your drill hole must have given you pause! The stainless steel plug sounds like a good solution, however. I've used a screw and chewing gum to fix a leaking fuel tank - so far haven't had to plug up the bottom, but there's always a first time.

Bearh, I'd offer to lend a hand with your tanks, but I'm up to my eyeballs in senior thesis reading right now (no surprise to you, but some of last year's were more interesting!).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7

Jump to: