The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

06/19 - 06/20 - Potomac River Cruise
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bearh

City/Region: Annapolis
State or Province: MD
C-Dory Year: 1999
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Snowdon
Photos: Snowdon
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cod Creek...Cod Creek...Cod Creek. Got it. Now, keeping it will be my little challenge. Cod Creek...Cod Creek...
For those who wish, almost any direction (except maybe south) from the mouth of Cod Creek (I got it!) will run you smack dab into something interesting if you go far enuf. South will work too (My wife is from the Northern Neck), but is tough on the bottom of the boat pretty quickly. Charlie, we're looking forward to it. May even have my tanks in by then--they're being shipped today. Bruce H.
Captains Cat

City/Region: Cod Creek>Potomac River>Chesapeake Bay
State or Province: VA
C-Dory Year: 2005
Vessel Name: Captain's Choice II
Photos: Captain's Cat
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

North is the only direction that WILL work. Any other direction will quickly prove LINDSAY'S LAW which states very clearly

WHEN THE DRAFT OF YOUR VESSEL EXCEEDS THE DEPTH OF THE WATER, YOUR VESSEL IS MOST ASSUREDLY AGROUND

However we appreciate your kind comments. If them tanks don't come, I've got a couple of extra 6 gallon ones that will work under that lip on the square end of Snowdon.

Looking forward to the summer (even Spring! Supposed to set a record near 25deg here tonite...BRRRRR...)

Gotta be soon!

CHARLIE and PENNY CBRAT #100
Captain's Cat II 2005 22 Cruiser
Thataway (2006 TC255 - Sold Aug 2013)
Captain's Cat (2006 TC255 - Sold January 2012)
Captain's Kitten (1995 CD 16 Angler- Sold June 2010)
Captain's Choice (1994 CD 22 Cruiser- Sold Jun 2007)
Potomac River/Chesapeake Bay
K4KBA
PlanB

City/Region: Lake St. Louis, MO
C-Dory Year: 2002
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Plan B
Photos: Plan B (Duane and Joanne)
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2004 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, Cod Creek it is. Where's that? How about a Lat/Long so I can find it on MS Streets and Trips?
Looking forward to the gathering.
Duane,
Plan B

Cell:314-368-7078
Captains Cat

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2004 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plan B et al:

The entrance to Cod Creek is at:

N37 58.861
W76 25.952

My Pier is on the SouthEastern Branch at:

N37 58.449
W76 26.148

My Cell Phone # is 571 213 8687

When in the Creek and on my property, cell phones don't work, we seem to be in a Black RF Hole! They'll be good for non-line of sight comms on the river and during the trip. I'll make up a list of all of them and send separately so folks can print it before the big event.

Sun is shining here today, supposed to get up to 60!

Charlie
PlanB

City/Region: Lake St. Louis, MO
C-Dory Year: 2002
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Plan B
Photos: Plan B (Duane and Joanne)
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2004 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Charlie,
Thanks for the location info, and Cell #.
Duane
Captains Cat

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All, Bluecrab has joined our cruise! Laughing Wink Welcome, we now have 6 boats signed up. We'll show those left coasters! Only about 20 more to go..... Not sure there ARE 20 C-Dorys this side of the Big Muddy! Question
B~C

City/Region: Bend
State or Province: OR
C-Dory Year: 1999
Vessel Name: Blue~C
Photos: Blue~C
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do they have digital cameras over in your part of the world? Us left coasters like to look at boating pictures when we're not sippin on the Starbucks Smile
Butch

City/Region: Rising Sun
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 5:20 pm    Post subject: Good news! Reply with quote

Hi all! It looks like there will be at least one more C-Dory on the E-Coast not too far in the future. The wife took a shake down ride on a 25' and was very impressed. Hopefully, if all goes as planned I'll be on the Chesapeake this season... late maybe, but this season! Butch
Captains Cat

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Butch, great news!! The 25 is a great boat, can't wait to see it. We'll do a late season gathering too, just for you. Have to figure out how they do the Christening on the left coast and do it for you.

Ken, B~C (finally found the squigelly thing on my keyboard), naw we gots none of that digital stuff over here, you've got all of that technology out there with your silicone valley (I like that silicone stuff, my wife does not). Or is that silicon Twisted Evil .... I'll get some more pix posted in my album, and we'll be sure to record our first ever East Coast Ramble when it happens! We all sit in envy of you guys on the left coast with your population of CDs. Tom on OTTER and I had lunch at the Washington Sailing Marina today and did some planning for the cruise. It will be a happening! Laughing Wink Razz Smile

Charlie
Butch

City/Region: Rising Sun
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 8:42 pm    Post subject: Its a date! Reply with quote

I don't make many dates these days, but this is an exception! My better half and I will have been married 35 years on Monday, April 12. But this date is ok for the both of us. I am looking for solitude of the water, some place where a body can make a real difference and still enjoy life. I guess you can say the view from the top of your profession is what everyone with a type A personality strives for, however, that view to retain calls for significant compromises for a lot of things. I have found the trip back down the ladder to be much more enjoyable, set to a place and pace where you can impart values to the folks on the way up.
The C-Dory folks on the two C-Dory sites (the Group and Brats) know exactly what I am talking about. Charlie... you know what I am talking about Wink .
Captains Cat

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Butch, you bet I do, couldn't have said it better!

Happy Anniversary!! Cake Cake

We've been blessed with so many things, a boat, a Kubota Tractor, three houses, Smile Smile Omigosh, why does anyone need three houses??? Question Question A nice dog, good health, a cat Evil or Very Mad , a devil cat to boot!! Shocked

Oh well. Does your note mean you can join us in June, sure hope so.... Had lunch with Tom (Otter) today at the Washington Sailing Marina, great to meet in person finally. Looking forward to the trip in June or at least burning some beef and hoisting a few brew!! Smile Smile

Charlie
Otter-BelleHavenMarina

City/Region: Alexandria
C-Dory Year: 2001
Vessel Name: Otter
Photos: Otter
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2004 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ditto, Charlie - it was great to meet you, and thanks for a fine lunch. Looking forward to seeing you on the water Butch. We got some catching-up to do with the west-coasters, but we'll get there!
Steven Dore

City/Region: Ocean Marine - Portsmouth, VA
C-Dory Year: 2004
Vessel Name: Orca
Photos: Orca
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2004 8:34 am    Post subject: Bay Cruise Reply with quote

I just picked up my 22 cruiser last weekend and ran down the Bay from Middle River to Mile Marker 0 on the ICW.

If I can find the breadcrumbs that I left along the way, I might be able to make the trip backup the Bay. I would be interested in seeing other C-Dorys and meeting their owners.

Does anyone know if their are any other C-Dorys on the lower bay? I have not seen any in the local marinas and it would be nice to have another boat to make the cruise with.

Steve Dore
Captains Cat

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2004 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Steven! We'd be glad to have you if you can make it. I'm right near Reedville on the Potomac, came down your way last fall and did the Dismal Swamp Canal route to Albemarle Sound, across and back up the other canal. It's a one day run from Portsmouth up to where we are (weather permitting). It's a rough ride if the wind is out of the north though or if the seas are more than two feet. We had a broken ankle casualty Sad off Wolf Spit Light last Sept and had to put into Dare Marina in the York River for a hospital visit. Other than that, the trip was great.

Look forward to meeting you!

charlie
Steven Dore

City/Region: Ocean Marine - Portsmouth, VA
C-Dory Year: 2004
Vessel Name: Orca
Photos: Orca
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2004 8:10 am    Post subject: Potomac Cruise Reply with quote

Charlie

Thanks for the reply. I almost stopped at Reedville on the ride down the bay last week, but pushed on through to Portsmouth. I did not want to stay over until Sunday, since the wind was forecast at 35+.

I hope to make the Potomac cruise, but I will know more as the date gets closer. I am interested in see other C-Dorys and talking to other owners, before I start making modifications to my boat.

See you on the water.

Steve
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7

Jump to: