The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

New Boat Accessories

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> All C-Dorys, All The Time
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SeaSpray

City/Region: Brentwood, CA
State or Province: CA
C-Dory Year: 2004
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: SeaSpray
Photos: SeaSpray
PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2004 11:59 pm    Post subject: New Boat Accessories Reply with quote

I called EQ the other day since I saw it mentioned on the site a few times. They don't have any used CD22 cruisers! Oh well, I'll keep looking.

The person on the phone said they recomend a number of accessories for the new boats such as; high cabin top, hydraulic steering, trim tabs, cockpit inserts, ect.

I would be interested in hearing what current owners think are the most important accessories. There is a slim chance I may decide to go for a new boat.

Thanks,
Steve
Wheeler Dealer

City/Region: Wheeler, OR
State or Province: OR
Photos: Denebola
PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2004 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slim,

The first thing is to ask, what do you plan on doing most of the time in this brand spankin' new CD?

SeaSpray

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2004 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jon & Terrie,
For now mostly weekends camp cruising here in the Sacramento delta. Probably one trip a year to San Jauns/Gulf Islands and Lake Powell.
Would also like to join in on some of the c-dogs trips.

My wife and I have chartered with friends many times in the San Jauns. We also had a sailboat on SF bay. Looking at the pictures of the C-Dory's in the San Jauns really gets me excited to get out there again. But this time I want a trailerable boat.

After retirment I have ideas of going to the east coast and criusing.
Thanks,
Steve
Wheeler Dealer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2004 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve,

Okay, that gives a lay of the land Thumbs Up.

The 22' is a very popular size and there are many Brats here at the Pub who will chime in. It is hard to find used ones because the CDs last so darn long and people are hard pressed to give them up.

If you click on the forum section and scroll down you will find new and used boats for sale. You done good going to EQ as a starting point, they will keep their ears open so stay in touch with them. Don't be afraid to send e-mails to some of the other 22' owners as well to pick their brains.
You can go to the top of this page and click on "Our C-Dorys" to see who has what.

I wish I could help you more but we have a 16' angler on which we do mostly fishing/crabbing here on the Oregon coast. The 22' cruising and accessory info you need would best come from those who are doing what you want to do.

You picked a great boat to pursue and a Pub with lot's of great people to help you find and outfit the boat you buy. Welcome aboard Very Happy.

Good luck, Jon
Wheeler Dealer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2004 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PS: Steve,

There is a Lake Powell cruise coming up in April. if you go to the home page and look down the left side you can click on that thread to see who is going and who might be in your area. Another good spot to start asking questions.

Jon
Les Lampman
Dealer

City/Region: Whidbey Island
State or Province: WA
PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2004 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Steve,

It's not so much that the items you mention are 'recommended' per se; they are the options that are most frequently requested and ordered. Some due to convenience and livability and some due to experience and maintenance.

Typically, the opening front center window and electric wipers are requested in the livability and convenience categories. The hydraulic steering falls in the livability (reduced steering effort) and maintenance categories (no push/pull cable to maintain). The trim tabs fall into the livability category thanks to increased comfort. The Wallas stove/heater speaks for its self. Cockpit floorboards are in the livability category since they raise one out of any water that accumulates in the cockpit and provide a level surface for deck chairs, cooler, etc. They don't attach to the boat and can always be deleted or added.

The high-top is a conundrum; from the perspective of a dealer ordering boats for stock (as opposed to for a specific customer) it isn't possible to know if the ultimate owner(s) will turn out to be short, average or tall. The tall top doesn't impact the usability of the boat for shorter folks but the short top can sure impact the usability of the boat for tall people. This is purely a subjective thing and isn't a recommendation at all; it just might be what's on the available "in stock" boats.

www.marinautboats.com
dotnmarty

City/Region: Sammamish
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 1993
C-Dory Model: 16 Angler
Vessel Name: LIZZIE II
Photos: Lizzie
PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2004 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve-Consider this boat--
http://www.eqmarine.com/eq_harbor/Used/Used%20Boats/1997_toland_188_for_sale.htm

"...we're all in the same boat..."
SeaSpray

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2004 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all the info. and tips.
The Toland looks like a nice boat but I think I might want the extra space of the 22.
Thanks,
Steve
wilbe asea

City/Region: Kenai
State or Province: AK
C-Dory Year: 2003
Vessel Name: Sunset Ride
Photos: Sunset Ride
PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2004 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the tall top on my CD-22, and find it quite nice not having to keep my neck bent while in the cabin, my over 6' tall friends like it too.

If you want to get a Wallace with it (recommended), get a size that will suit your needs. I didn't know more than one size would be available for my boat, so got one that I think is a little small for living here in Alaska.
Sure is nice to get in out of the weather and have a hot cup of clam chowder or fresh brewed coffee.

Electric wipers are nice, especially if in rough water under way, can then concentrate on steering, not wiping.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> All C-Dorys, All The Time All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: