The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

19' Hull vs. 22' Hull

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Hull, Deck and Fittings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ptcris

City/Region: Fairbanks
State or Province: AK
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: 22 Angler
Vessel Name: Air 'n C
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 9:25 pm    Post subject: 19' Hull vs. 22' Hull Reply with quote

Thanks to everyone who helped me out with my newbie questions a couple of weeks ago. Hard as it is for me to believe, in less than a month, I've gone from dreaming about a C-Dory to just about ready to buy one! I have no idea how that happened, but it's pretty exciting!

Here's the problem (if buying a C-Dory can be a problem!). I'm wavering between a 19' Angler and a 22' Angler. I'm definitely attracted to the 22' due to the larger deck for fishing, but the additional $ is significant and a problem. One of the issues, though, is the dealer mentioned that it is easier to mount things like rod holders and downriggers on the 22' than the 19' due to the fact that the hull of the 19' is packed with foam all the way to the gunnels. Can someone who has mounted electric downriggers on a 19' help me out here? Was it a big deal? Can you mount them right ahead of the battery access panels and gain access through the battery boxes? Am I making any sense here?!!

Also, any opinions on floorboards? Are they good, or just a pain because they cut head room in the cabin?

Thanks for the help.

Pat

thataway

City/Region: Pensacola
State or Province: FL
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: thataway
Photos: Thataway
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Icannot address the down riggers. We had 3/4" industerial foam pads in the floor of the CD22 and my wife perticularly enjoyed it. I was marginal in head room, but didn't really find it a major problem. i don't think that actual floor boards would be necessary. Many folks use "Dry deck"--a plastic grating which is only 3/8" or so thick.
Thisaway 2006 22' CDory November 2011 to May 2018
Caracal 18 140 Suzuki 2007 to present
Thataway TomCat 255 150 Suzukis June 2006 thru August 2011
C Pelican; 1992, 22 Cruiser, 2002 thru 2006
Frequent Sea; 2003 C D 25, 2007 thru 2009
KA6PKB
Home port: Pensacola FL
chromer

City/Region: Anacortes
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2006
C-Dory Model: 19 Angler
Photos: Checkpoint II
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This very topic was discussed recently. One technique is to cut an access hole. Both C-Fisher and mine are setup that way, thanks to Les. C-Fisher posted a picture of the solution. (follow the link)

http://www.c-brats.com/modules.php?set_albumName=C-Fisher&id=P1010197&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_photo.php
ptcris

City/Region: Fairbanks
State or Province: AK
C-Dory Model: 22 Angler
Vessel Name: Air 'n C
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply. I tried to do a search of the forum but couldn't come up with the right words to narrow the search! The access hole looks like a good solution, and the photo is great.
Captains Cat

City/Region: Cod Creek>Potomac River>Chesapeake Bay
State or Province: VA
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Captain's Choice II
Photos: Captain's Cat
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pat, I use the dri-deck squares in the cockpit and cover them with indoor outdoor carpeting. Have to replace the carpeting every 3 years or so but it provides a soft, clean surface, stays dry except right after a rain and only costs $40 or so. The dri-deck is pretty expensive but as far as I can tell it lasts "forever".

Charlie

CHARLIE and PENNY CBRAT #100
Captain's Cat II 2005 22 Cruiser
Thataway (2006 TC255 - Sold Aug 2013)
Captain's Cat (2006 TC255 - Sold January 2012)
Captain's Kitten (1995 CD 16 Angler- Sold June 2010)
Captain's Choice (1994 CD 22 Cruiser- Sold Jun 2007)
Potomac River/Chesapeake Bay
K4KBA
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Hull, Deck and Fittings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: